Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Bitch about daily life in NUIG!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

That one committee member has been on campus and causing trouble since 2007 at least. The particular Westport Baptist Church are their own batch of crazy. Combined, they do a great job for the pro-choice campaign as no one wants to be associated with them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I see trouble ahead.

Mr. G wrote: »
    I see trouble ahead.

Don't need to be mystic meg to figure that out. Just wait until they put up incredibly offensive posters and hurl abuse at passers by again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Can't. It's been 2 years since the last one, an amendment to the constitution last year is that a referendum to change a specific part of the constitution can only happen every 3 years. So, a referendum on abortion can only happen every 3 years.

Thank **** for that. Think I remember it being voted on twice, one year after another before they changed it.

By OD you mean over dose? I heard an ambulance/squad car just didn't look out the window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 mademoiselle_r

The female toilets in the Arts building are a disgrace. Toilet paper everywhere and people not bothering to flush after use. Not to mention the "out off order" sign haha /grammar nazi.

Mr. G wrote: »
    By OD you mean over dose? I heard an ambulance/squad car just didn't look out the window.

any update on what happened with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Well, it seems if you criticise someone speaking at Lit and Deb then they get really annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Well, it seems if you criticise someone speaking at Lit and Deb then they get really annoyed.
    What's all this then?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Bloody hell it's like Crossmaglen during the troubles out there today.

What's with all the helicopters?

• Advertisement

Nailz wrote: »
    What's all this then?

Dont know as I'm not around any more, but my guess is that someone was rude to a guest of the university.

There are polite ways to disagree with people, and if you are down right rude to a guest you deserve all the derision you get.

Nailz wrote: »
    What's all this then?
    There was a post on facebook giving out about the fact Suey Park was speaking about social and hashtag activism, it also called her a racist. The auditor of Lit and Deb then had a go at the poster for the post. Kind of ridiculous!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Seems a tad disingenuous to have a pop at the Lit & Deb committee on a thread like this due to a spat that took place between yourself and the auditor on your own Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

popcorn.gif

Lapin wrote: »
    Seems a tad disingenuous to have a pop at the Lit & Deb committee on a thread like this due to a spat that took place between yourself and the auditor on your own Facebook page.
    Don't think so. For a society that prides themselves on accepting multiple viewpoints and encouraging debate they are extremely insular and don't take any criticism levelled against them well! Also, pretty sure that being hypocritical is worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Cathalog

No WiFi in the library this weekend due to scheduled maintenance. In the middle of study week - are you having a laugh?

Great scheduling there.

Also, thanks to the exam's office for deciding to 'schedule' one of my exams bang in the middle of the solar eclipse next Friday. /s

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Anyone know if the wifi 'upgrade' (hah!) is running ahead of schedule?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Exam timetables are out....

The exams period for this semester is two and a half weeks. I have 4 exams and ISS have set them all for within the first 5days of the exams period including one on each of the first 3 days of exams and one 4.30 exam with a 9.30 exam the following day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

To the fúckers on my left; STFU....i you wanted a hour and a half break why not leave the study area and chat as opposed to pissing of everyone around you, there is literally a chillax room right outside this suite....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

HugsiePie wrote: »
    To the fúckers on my left; STFU....i you wanted a hour and a half break why not leave the study area and chat as opposed to pissing of everyone around you, there is literally a chillax room right outside this suite....

You always know its exam season when daftest things make people mad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

Exam timetables are out....

The exams period for this semester is two and a half weeks. I have 4 exams and ISS have set them all for within the first 5days of the exams period including one on each of the first 3 days of exams and one 4.30 exam with a 9.30 exam the following day.

I had 4 of my 6 exams in three days last semester and it worked out. Knowing that they're close together will make you work harder. My timetable this time is really spaced out and it's made me way too relaxed, haven't done a tap of what I'd planned to do! Things have a way of working out... best of luck with the study! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

I had 4 of my 6 exams in three days last semester and it worked out. Knowing that they're close together will make you work harder. My timetable this time is really spaced out and it's made me way too relaxed, haven't done a tap of what I'd planned to do! Things have a way of working out... best of luck with the study! :)
    I have anxiety in exams. More spread out the better is best. Having them so close together just stresses me out even more about the exams...

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

I have anxiety in exams. More spread out the better is best. Having them so close together just stresses me out even more about the exams...

I have exam anxiety too. There's nothing you can do about scheduling though... I had two days with doubles last semester. Last year, I knew a girl who had four exams in two days. So it could be worse. You'll be fine. :)

When ya leave your computer to find some bitch has logged you out and is now using it herself. Are people that desperate you cant afford to ****e without someone pouncing?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

It's time for the annual library seating sweepstakes!

Wasnt even the library and the bitch pounced.

Please elaborate :o

Internet gone to sh*te. Very disruptive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭RoutineBites

I wish they'd turn off those hand dryers in the library's bathrooms for the exams at least. Replace them with paper towels or something. Already bad enough trying to get a seat . . .

Advertisement