Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Bitch about daily life in NUIG!

Options
1777879808183»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mm123

Everyone seems to be talking about the crane man what's all that about is he hot or something??

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mm123

Everyone seems to be talking about the crane man what's all that about is he hot or something??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

So ISS have sent out an email to their mailing list telling them that Office 365 is unavailable. You can't read the email though because you can't login to your Office 365 email because it's down :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I'd say I'm surprised but then again it's ISS.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Mr. G wrote: »
    So ISS have sent out an email to their mailing list telling them that Office 365 is unavailable. You can't read the email though because you can't login to your Office 365 email because it's down :rolleyes:.
    When the web portal is down, desktop Outlook and mobiles still work... so not entirely pointless. It does remind me of the old poster ad "If you can't read this maybe you need new glasses".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

Did it not used to be normal practice that there would be extended hours during study week and the exams on the weekends?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Whyyyy can't lecturers ever manage to have your mid term essays graded and feedback ready before exams. Ugh so annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

F*** exams.
    And why why why do the exams office set up the alternative exam centre for those with anxiety/disabilities etc in the cube when the noise from those going in/out of bailey allen etc and aras na mac leinn is just ridiculous!!!!

F*** exams.
    And why why why do the exams office set up the alternative exam centre for those with anxiety/disabilities etc in the cube when the noise from those going in/out of bailey allen etc and aras na mac leinn is just ridiculous!!!!

I know. Not to mention is absolutely freezing cold in there. Ice cube more like

Fantastic timing
    https://nuigalway.blackboard.com/
    Like seriously???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

There does seem to be some sort of symmetry to this thread, because I remember when I was in NUIG, the same things would happen at the same times - ie - system maintenance in the days running up to exam time. Lovely.

HugsiePie wrote: »
    I have 4 exams in the span of 40.5 hours. Brilliant timetabling NUIG :(

Same. Final year as well. Don't know how I'm going to manage.

HugsiePie wrote: »
    I have 4 exams in the span of 40.5 hours. Brilliant timetabling NUIG :(
    Ive 2 on the one day but 6 days off before the next then 5 before the last.
    First time ever that's happened. Normally ive 4/5/6 exams in time frame like you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rainbow97

Guys,
    if any of ye feel like giving your views on NUIG to help me decide on which college to go, I'd appreciate if ye'd comment on my post, just look up "Trinity or nuig". thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭vikings2012

Rainbow97 wrote: »
    Guys,
    if any of ye feel like giving your views on NUIG to help me decide on which college to go, I'd appreciate if ye'd comment on my post, just look up "Trinity or nuig". thanks :)

Well I found NUIG great. The class sizes are small enough and the social social life in NUIG is brilliant. Best of luck with your choice.

Guys,
    Well third level is really what you make of it. Arts doesn't really attract more snobbish than others from my experience.
    The points total being lower for NUIG in no way at all implies that it will mean it will be harder for you to attract friends. Why should it?
    If you are fine academically and not worried then I wouldn't worry at all.
    When you say you are going to study arts. What specifically are you looking at studying?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rainbow97

Thanks for the advice guys, @The Lost Sheep I'm looking at studying languages. Did you do arts in Galway? :-)

I agree college is what you make of it, but I think it's good to consider the main demographic the college/course attracts... I'm sure there are more arts students in nuig who are just there to doss than in tcd considering the points difference. but as you said, I'm hoping it shouldn't make a difference :O

Thanks for the advice guys, @The Lost Sheep I'm looking at studying languages. Did you do arts in Galway? :-)

I agree college is what you make of it, but I think it's good to consider the main demographic the college/course attracts... I'm sure there are more arts students in nuig who are just there to doss than in tcd considering the points difference. but as you said, I'm hoping it shouldn't make a difference :O
    I don't think so and the classes are so big in first arts for some subjects it wont really matter in terms of overall demographic. If you are looking at studying languages you can do more than 1 in Galway and you will have to spend a summer in 1 country along with the year/semester in the other.
    I didn't study languages but have many good friends who have and are.
    The points total really wont make a difference IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

So €2 extra to have my fruit salad in a bowl, opposed to a plastic tub!! In the canteen.
    It's a fine for wanting to be more environmentally responsible. And made all the better with the charm of the canteen staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭aoife524

jogdish wrote: »
    So €2 extra to have my fruit salad in a bowl, opposed to a plastic tub!! In the canteen.
    It's a fine for wanting to be more environmentally responsible. And made all the better with the charm of the canteen staff.

I'm sure that extra €2 guaranteed you a seat also 😂😂😂

• Advertisement

aoife524 wrote: »
    I'm sure that extra €2 guaranteed you a seat also 😂😂😂

...you will never guess, that section was being closed for cleaning, imagine that! But it was grand I got sit at the table with the crap from the previous customer. I hit the little red anger face on the way, that will show them!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭aoife524

...you will never guess, that section was being closed for cleaning, imagine that! But it was grand I got sit at the table with the crap from the previous customer. I hit the little red anger face on the way, that will show them!

Ha ha ha typical canteen.. the red button probably doesn't connect adequately

Again... Go to purchase Coco pops in canteen and fill a paper cup about 1/4 way with milk. After I pay I was given a small talk by the cashier, " normally we make people pay for the paper cups, but let you off this time, you're meant to use the plastic ones"
    I opted for paper over plastic cup trying to be environmentally conscious in our green campus.

Again... Go to purchase Coco pops in canteen and fill a paper cup about 1/4 way with milk. After I pay I was given a small talk by the cashier, " normally we make people pay for the paper cups, but let you off this time, you're meant to use the plastic ones"
    I opted for paper over plastic cup trying to be environmentally conscious in our green campus.

Environmentally friendly does not necessarily equate with cheaper.

And she gave it to you for free - against their own policy.

Don't mean to be contrary but does this really deserve an official bitch?

Cathalog wrote: »
    No WiFi in the library this weekend due to scheduled maintenance. In the middle of study week - are you having a laugh?

Great scheduling there.

Also, thanks to the exam's office for deciding to 'schedule' one of my exams bang in the middle of the solar eclipse next Friday. /s

HA!! - OMG classic. they need to factor in lunar cycles now

that is hilarious! 'schedule'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

I hate how the "You cant leave stuff on a desk then head off somewhere else rule" is totally not enforced. Ive been counting and 3 desks beside me have been empty for a hour already

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Kal El wrote: »
    I hate how the "You cant leave stuff on a desk then head off somewhere else rule" is totally not enforced. Ive been counting and 3 desks beside me have been empty for a hour already

It never has and never will be. You would need timers on every seat to get it work properly which is just impractical.

You just need to have the balls to move someone elses stuff if you want a seat. I had to do it a few times back when. Same with telling people to shut the fsck up in the library when people wont stop talking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

It never has and never will be. You would need timers on every seat to get it work properly which is just impractical.

You just need to have the balls to move someone elses stuff if you want a seat. I had to do it a few times back when. Same with telling people to shut the fsck up in the library when people wont stop talking.

Yeah I find it super rude. They put warnings on the intercom but never actually do anything about it

Advertisement