Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Resolution way too low for a 5 inch screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

eamonnq wrote: »
    Best Chinese budget phone here lads: http://www.dealsmachine.com/best_218400.html

$99.99

but but but but but I posted a link to that phone 3 weeks ago:(

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

digitaldr wrote: »
    Resolution way too low for a 5 inch screen.

It's $99.99 and looks grand in reviews. Also 2800 mAh battery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Good point - I guess it comes down to personal choice. I'm not a gamer so performance is not too important to me but I do a lot of surfing so would pay a little extra for a sharp screen.

It's $99.99 and looks grand in reviews. Also 2800 mAh battery

Would like to get a look at one, am tempted (but am almost on the verge of ordering the ULEFONE BE PRO).

Might try tinydeal !! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Is it any good?
    My wife is getting herself a proper phone in the summer but for now, she needs a handy one to do a few months. Looking to spend about the same as you on temp phone - €80. This would do wouldn't it, for that cash?

So far so good - seems to work as good as my Note 3!!! Very quick with some nice features.

One caveat - it does not have 4G so if you are ok with 3G then this is deffo a consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Just bought another Jiayu G4S. Lost one over the weekend :-(

Its dropped a few bob now as well. Delivered for just under €160.

Id highly recommend them. There's a big difference having the 2gb ram compared to the original G4 with just the 1gb. It takes a 64mb SD card as well which is great for movies etc. The battery is fantastic (one of the main selling points for me).

http://www.jiayu-store.com/jiayu-g4-mtk6592-octa-core-4-7-inch-ips-screen-dual-camera-android-smart-phone.html

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭pelemcg

Got the Ulefone pro. Very impressed, especially for the price. Solid build, good battery so far, quite nippy (no lag) and and a nice bright screen. Almost vanilla 4.4 with 5.0 update promised and some nice features. Camera grand. For the price I don't think you'd get better

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭husky7

Ordered the Ecoo eo4 aurora today nice looking phone with good specs cost €180 from 1949deal.com with dhl shipping only thing might get caught for customs charges.will post a review when I get the phone.

• Advertisement

pelemcg wrote: »
    Got the Ulefone pro. Very impressed, especially for the price. Solid build, good battery so far, quite nippy (no lag) and and a nice bright screen. Almost vanilla 4.4 with 5.0 update promised and some nice features. Camera grand. For the price I don't think you'd get better

Where did you buy it from and what did it cost you all in ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Trond wrote: »
    Just bought another Jiayu G4S. Lost one over the weekend :-(

Its dropped a few bob now as well. Delivered for just under €160.

Id highly recommend them. There's a big difference having the 2gb ram compared to the original G4 with just the 1gb. It takes a 64mb SD card as well which is great for movies etc. The battery is fantastic (one of the main selling points for me).

http://www.jiayu-store.com/jiayu-g4-mtk6592-octa-core-4-7-inch-ips-screen-dual-camera-android-smart-phone.html
    It's a great spec phone for the price that. Just a little fat for my liking and no Gorilla glass. The G5S looks like more my style, but €226 is a fair whack...

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭pelemcg

Gearbest with a discount code (can't remember it now!) . Worked out at 130. Got stung by customs so around €167.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Anyone know where to order a new genuine battery for Xiaomi phones at hopefully decent prices? Want to try and avoid ordering a dodgy fake one if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

I bought the UlefoneBePro for the OH from Gearbest.E133.50+customs36.74
    Got caught by customs even though it came through Netherlands post.
    I only used it for about an hour while I was setting it up and all seemed good with a good build quality feel to it.I haven't got any complaints about battery life which is usually the downfall of these big screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

thebuzz wrote: »
    Anyone know where to order a new genuine battery for Xiaomi phones at hopefully decent prices? Want to try and avoid ordering a dodgy fake one if possible.

Aliexpress or Xiaomishop.com

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭handofdog

One final update on the Umi Zero.

I used the GPS (with Sygic) for a journey from Kildare to Louth.

Screen was set to full brightness all the time and GPS and 3G were both on constant. For a journey of 90 minutes the GPS accuracy was flawless and the battery went down by 31%.

I would normally have the phone charging when using for GPS in the car so all in all I'm very happy with the perfromance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭horse7

If anyone is interested the jaiyu s3 3gb ram has been released today,and in stock(was preorder).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

RossieMan wrote: »
    how much?

Around €200. Pity there isn't a smaller version....

• Advertisement

http://www.hongkongeek.com/en/android-smartphones/5534-chinese-smartphone-jiayu-g5s-octa-core.html

Can anybody beat €226 all in for the Jiayu G5S? The phone is nearly a year old now so there might be a better deal elsewhere?

222$ including 12$ shipping, there is a s3 with 2 GB ram that's probably cheaper..Its 190$.

horse7 wrote: »
    222$ including 12$ shipping, there is a s3 with 2 GB ram that's probably cheaper..Its 190$.
    jiayu-shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mdabar

Thargor wrote: »
    2014 update: These phones in the OP are obsolete now, read the quoted guide and ask for advice or browse Merimobiles, Mixieshop and other vendors for the latest stuff.

Octacore/Kit-Kat phones are coming onstream now and you should aim for 2GB of RAM.

Also check reviews for GPS functionality and watch out for battery life.

Pay with Paypal if at all possible otherwise credit card, never use money transfers/escrow services.

You're very right Thargor, I have experience with those chinese smartphones, since I've tried several ones.

I'm using a Wiko Cink Five now 2 years ago and I'm very happy with it. So I would consider Wiko as a trustable brand, however I have checked their website recently and no "new phones" I mean, not offering what you mention above (octo-core, 2GB of RAM...) so I guess they should do soon or lose terrain.

By the other hand, some brands like Elephone or Siswoo are bringing interesting devices with very good performance.

My summary and advices:

- Normally the speed on those phones is great, so no worry about speed or games, they will work
    - Don't go (never!) for a phone which imitates a well known model i.e. Galaxy S5 or last HTC,... go for a brand doing their own models with their own design. Only the brands that want to differentiate will show something good, the others spend more money in the cover than in the inside.
    - Camera and screen are the weakest points of chinese smartphones, always! even if you see they come with "Sony camera" (quite usual) the results are always very good with a lot of light and very poor when is dark or you need flash. In that aspect the Elephone P3000S that I've tried has an outstanding screen with great brigth, eventhough the camera is still far from first brands.

Advice: think what you want the smartphone for. I want that Elephone for work, so the fingerprint and the good screen are great, I won't be taking as much pictures with it ;-)

Payment: always Paypal, never WesternUnion (WU), I only used it once and I was cheated, when I tried to claim to WU they told me "you should only send money to people you personally know, we don't claim" and that was the end of my story.

I hope this helps! have a good one ;-)

PS: I love to try smartphones so I will be pleased to share opinions and experience.

That came out of the blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

After a few weeks now Im starting to get annoyed with the Elephone p6000, the manky screen and terrible battery life are too much for me, hoping the 5.0 update changes the battery life.

After a few weeks now Im starting to get annoyed with the Elephone p6000, the manky screen and terrible battery life are too much for me, hoping the 5.0 update changes the battery life.

Was thinking of getting one, but might go with the Ulefone BEPRO now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Was thinking of getting one, but might go with the Ulefone BEPRO now.

Mine has shipped :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mdabar

That's weird, since that battery isn't so small... I mean, I'm really happy with the P3000S battery life, specially when I compare with my iPhone5 which barely lasts one day, but its battery is only 1400mAh. So 2700mAh would be more than enough for 1 full intensive day.

• Advertisement

mdabar wrote: »
    That's weird, since that battery isn't so small... I mean, I'm really happy with the P3000S battery life, specially when I compare with my iPhone5 which barely lasts one day, but its battery is only 1400mAh. So 2700mAh would be more than enough for 1 full intensive day.

Different hardware, different OS etc. results in different battery consumption.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement