Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jimmy Saville exposed

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Prince Philip did half the aristocratic ladies of the 1950s. An over 18s man.
    Prince Charles likes root vegetables. They may or may not be underage.
    Princess Margaret tended to like her lads to be murderous gangsters and usually overage.
    Prince Andrew only gets his joystick out for money.
    Prince Edward is a as bent as three bob note.

So who are we left with royally ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Peist2007 wrote: »
    No extradition deal between Barbados and the UK. Just saying ;)

Sorry, but this is completely incorrect. It has been circulating on Twitter and discussion forums for months (much like the rumours) but it is plain wrong.

https://www.gov.uk/extradition-processes-and-review

He seems so normal though.

BvA08BWCYAAuGEY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Well if your brother said so, it must be true.

It says so in the newspapers so it must all be true. This is the new and improved 21st century version of the lotto. The police are out begging people to come forward to make allegations against any middle aged celeb man. The courts says it doesn't need any evidence, apparent. They only need to make a credible story out of it, and at the end there is a cake walk of a civil case and big bucks. Wow.

• Advertisement

Piliger wrote: »
    and at the end there is a cake walk of a civil case and big bucks. Wow.

Civil settlements in such cases are usually quite modest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Fieldog wrote: »
    Apparently, Jimmy Cliff and all the lads attended this elm house place, a supposed rent boy brothel :

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/jul/05/elm-guest-house-paedophile-network-allegations

I'll never be able to watch The Harder They Come again!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'll never be able to watch The Harder They Come again!

I went back to find that post you quoted to bollock him over the importance of commas...libeling poor Jimmy cliff...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Is he involved as well?

Hootanany wrote: »
    Is he involved as well?
    who?

• Advertisement

who?

Jimmy Cliff - The Man Who Can See Clearly Now. And I'd make my last will and testament before calling Jimmy Cliff a kiddie fiddler.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

They are all in the shadows

Jimmy Cliff - The Man Who Can See Clearly Now. And I'd make my last will and testament before calling Jimmy Cliff a kiddie fiddler.
    of course he's not....somebody just left a comma out between jimmy and cliff

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    They are all in the shadows

Hank Marvin is still a ****ing class guitarist. Should have done a Clapton and gone solo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Is he involved as well?
    Ah come on.

of course he's not....somebody just left a comma out between jimmy and cliff

:) I know....but I'd love if it happened on the autocue on Sky News. That would be popcorn time.

Magaggie wrote: »
    Ah come on.

How do we know?

How do we know?

You ask this man.

cvd7rXY.jpg

....then see what he says. Running is more sensible.

But the is a singer called Jimmy Cliff, right?

Yes there is Rolf was a singer as well Cliff also Jimmy wasnt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

True, there is indeed a singer called Jimmy Cliff. And he was mentioned by accident on this thread about Jimmy Savile and other British broadcasters/performers whose heyday was the 1960s/70s, therefore he's just gotta be a suspect. He's also a man aged 66 (so he fits the age profile). Get 'im!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Magaggie wrote: »
    True, there is indeed a singer called Jimmy Cliff. And he was mentioned by accident on this thread about Jimmy Savile and other British broadcasters/performers whose heyday was the 1960s/70s, therefore he's just gotta be a suspect. He's also a man aged 66 (so he fits the age profile). Get 'im!!!

^Er, I think they might be joking...

Edit: Though if not, it's mind-numbingly stupid

Yes there is Rolf was a singer as well Cliff also Jimmy wasnt

No, Pearl is a singer.................

And Patricia is a Stripper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Dave Lee Travis has just been found guilty of one count of indecent assault.

It was a 10-2 decision.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29331740

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

The full report into Saviles activities at Stoke Mandeville hospital has been published today. It found he abused over 60 people, the youngest being 8 years old. Some of the victims reported the abuse but were ignored or told to just leave it. It's sickening reading, and this is just one of the institutions he had access to.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-31637937

The report found Jimmy Savile was an "opportunistic predator" who abused victims between 1968-92.

Full access
    Savile had full and unsupervised access to all areas of the hospital for more than 20 years - even to clinical areas.

Scale of abuse
    The entertainer sexually abused more than 60 patients, staff and visitors at the hospital. This included an eight-year-old patient, a pregnant mother in her 20s, and a 19-year-old paralysed woman in a wheelchair. Almost half the victims were under 16, and the crimes included rapes.

Warnings
    Savile's reputation as a "sex pest" was an "open secret" among junior staff and some middle managers. Working as a hospital porter, he was given a room in an accommodation block used by female students.

A number of Savile's victims complained to staff but none of the informal complaints were "taken seriously or escalated to senior management". One formal complaint made by a patient's father was dropped due to the victim's ill health, but it should have been reported to police.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

No media questions on how Savile had close friendships with the British royal family and Thatcher. Anybody getting that close would be thoroughly vetted by MI5. Did they know?

What were Savile's connection to all the kiddie fiddling politicians in Westminster?

Massive cover up still going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    The full report into Saviles activities at Stoke Mandeville hospital has been published today. It found he abused over 60 people, the youngest being 8 years old. Some of the victims reported the abuse but were ignored or told to just leave it. It's sickening reading, and this is just one of the institutions he had access to.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-31637937

I read somewhere a report from nurse who worked at a hospital where he would frequent. She was instructed never to leave him alone with a patient and to keep visits short. It was well known. But in later years they curtailed his behaviors yet still never threw the book at him.

When you look at all the evidence there was it's clear corruption was the sole obstacle in getting him put away.

It's disgusting. When you think of all the children he met and his whole life/career.

Thank goodness better vetting for these organizations has come in. It just makes it more clear that no level of celebrity should bypass that necessity. It's horrible to think that this could happen again. We need to make it so that children and vulnerable adults are heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

He enjoyed fiddling with corpses too according to some British journalist on the Last Word earlier. He also said that the culture within the BBC was one where things like groping and touching by senior staff and presenters was seen as normal and acceptable behavior. All just part of life at the BBC apparently.

Advertisement