Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain watch.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

For anyone into ski-boarding these Spruce boards are a terrific bargain. Ski-boards, riser and bindings for approx $300 (approx 250 Euro) I just ordered the 125cm Raptors.
    http://spruceskis.weebly.com

Just for those who are unfamilar, skiboards have a single point of contact under the boot (four screws) rather than the two points (eight screws) of traditional skis shortened into skiblades. This means ski-boards have a similar performace to a longer ski, but with a much tighter turn radius.

Ski-boards in the trees are just so much fun as they turn (and stop) in much tighter spaces than regular skis. Great fun on the groomers and surprisingly fast.

I have no idea what the international shipping runs, so best to drop them an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

olaola wrote: »
    I need a decent pair of sunglasses. Had a good Roxy pair, but they've been sat on too many times, and the superglue just won't stick to the superglue anymore :(
    Any recommendations?

Oakley frogskins are fantastic, the arms unclip under pressure, so if you fall they wont break.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

Raging i cant splash out on a pair of these :(
    have to stop spending and pay these trips off first!

decent pair of Bolle Googles for £25

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bolle-Carve-Goggle-Green-Emerald/dp/B00C5RK4MU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420918626&sr=8-1&keywords=bolle+carve+ski+goggles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

hawkwind23 wrote: »
    Raging i cant splash out on a pair of these :(
    have to stop spending and pay these trips off first!

decent pair of Bolle Googles for £25

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bolle-Carve-Goggle-Green-Emerald/dp/B00C5RK4MU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420918626&sr=8-1&keywords=bolle+carve+ski+goggles

They don't deliver to Ireland, for some reason.

• Advertisement

cormee wrote: »
    They don't deliver to Ireland, for some reason.

Parcel Motel would sort that for anyone interested

Great Outdoors have good discounts on their remaining ski stock. Ski Boot are quite heavily discounted ATM.

Rew wrote: »
    Great Outdoors have good discounts on their remaining ski stock. Ski Boot are quite heavily discounted ATM.

Was passing by earlier this morning and I saw the sale sign, well worth a visit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Time to reopen another seasonal thread...

TK Maxx have Mammut gear in at the moment. Nicely discounted and not all in XXXS or XXXXXL.

CardinalJ wrote: »
    Time to reopen another seasonal thread...

TK Maxx have Mammut gear in at the moment. Nicely discounted and not all in XXXS or XXXXXL.

This is the first year I can't think of anything I need, and it saddens me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭prunudo

This is the first year I can't think of anything I need, and it saddens me :(

Just leaves more money for après :D

.....or an extra trip :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Bought these last season and absolutely delighted, fast, incredibly responsive and stable at speed. Skiboards are a bit of a niche product but they handle as well as longer skis because of the single four hole mounting under the middle of the boot, which links a floating riser. The same control as a longer ski in a compact and highly controllable short ski. Perfect for tree skiing.

http://spruceskis.weebly.com/raptor-125cm-skiboard-package.html

jvan wrote: »
    Just leaves more money for après :D

.....or an extra trip :pac:

Nice idea, but the missus would probably stab me in the eye if I suggested I go on a third trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Nice idea, but the missus would probably stab me in the eye if I suggested I go on a third trip.

The trick is to get her to suggest it.

The trick is to get her to suggest it.

If I was that persuasive I'd still be single :cool:

cormee wrote:
    This is the first year I can't think of anything I need, and it saddens me

Oh I don't think I've actually needed anything in years...

Think I might start selling some of my old gear on adverts to justify newer things...

I don't have a jacket that suits -2 to +2 when the light is flat and the wind blows from the east... That's the level of stupidity I find myself at...

CardinalJ wrote: »
    I don't have a jacket that suits -2 to +2 when the light is flat and the wind blows from the east... That's the level of stupidity I find myself at...

That's not stupidity, that's PREPARATION! :D

I think I'll be paying my first visit to TK Maxx today, see what they have going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

That's not stupidity, that's PREPARATION! :D

I think I'll be paying my first visit to TK Maxx today, see what they have going.

Is the stephen green tk maxx better stocked with ski stuff than the usual tkmaxx.

lbj666 wrote:
    Is the stephen green tk maxx better stocked with ski stuff than the usual tkmaxx.

Yea. Was in there yesterday. Has some Haglofs stuff.

You need to check tk Maxx pretty frequently to get the good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Any sign of snowboard boots yet in TK?

I'm due an upgrade :p

• Advertisement

Diemos wrote: »
    Any sign of snowboard boots yet in TK?

I'm due an upgrade :p

Do they sell boots in TKMaxx? I don't recall ever having seen them.

Anyway, if you're interested, I've a pair of Burton Moto that have only seen a week's wear, size 11, they were too small for me unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Thank you but Moto's are way too soft for my taste.

They do sell boots, my mate picked up some dual BOA's Vans or DC's can't remember which but he got them for a steal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

When do they generally have stuff in TK Maxx? We'll be in Ireland mid November so were hoping to pick up some bits then. I've got some second hand stuff here but anything new is extortionate. Apparently Lidl will have their wintersport stuff here next week so I'll be at the door first thing in the morning :pac:

When do they generally have stuff in TK Maxx? We'll be in Ireland mid November so were hoping to pick up some bits then. I've got some second hand stuff here but anything new is extortionate. Apparently Lidl will have their wintersport stuff here next week so I'll be at the door first thing in the morning :pac:

They've started already, and they get new stock in (at random times, as far as I can see) for most of the winter, although it seems to taper off in early January with fewer deliveries. I think your best bet is to try the quieter shops - TK Maxx in The Pavillions in Swords always seems to have a better selection than the shop in the Stephen's Green SC shop.

Some of the Lidl gear can be a bit flimsy, I wouldn't buy it just because it was cheap, if I was you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

Anyway, if you're interested, I've a pair of Burton Moto that have only seen a week's wear, size 11, they were too small for me unfortunately :(

they were there last year I hummed and hawed about getting a pair and then they were gone! :(

sheesh wrote: »
    they were there last year I hummed and hawed about getting a pair and then they were gone! :(

Never hum and haw in the shop buy them and bring them back if you decide you dont want them :)

They've started already, and they get new stock in (at random times, as far as I can see) for most of the winter, although it seems to taper off in early January with fewer deliveries. I think your best bet is to try the quieter shops - TK Maxx in The Pavillions in Swords always seems to have a better selection than the shop in the Stephen's Green SC shop.

Some of the Lidl gear can be a bit flimsy, I wouldn't buy it just because it was cheap, if I was you! :)

I was in SG today they only really have gloves ins so far. Ladies Spyder once there though they look a bit on the low end.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Not a bad deal for any beginners, in mountain wearhouse in Blanch, show up on wed 22nd from 3pm on and get an extra 20% everything instore!

Timmaay wrote: »
    Not a bad deal for any beginners, in mountain wearhouse in Blanch, show up on wed 22nd from 3pm on and get an extra 20% everything instore!

Excellent value, especially if it lasts you a few trips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

I got a pair of Orange DC boots in there for 40e. Bargain! That was the end of August, and potentially a pair I don't need....
    Timmaay wrote: »

I love their stuff, must visit the store some day have only ever ordered online

Advertisement