Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Bargain watch.

  • #1
    Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ CardinalJ


    Very much doubt I'm the only one starting to pick up bits and pieces for the new season. Thought a thread would be handy to pass a few bargains on and maybe put in requests.

    Was in TK Maxx Carrickmines yesterday and picked up two pairs of smartwool merino socks for €9.99 each, currently on snow and rock for £21 a pair . Also saw a pair of ladies Spyder goretex gloves for €17 which seemed crazy cheap.

    I'm on the look out for a new pair of gloves. Don't have to be super warm but must have good waterproofing.


«1345678

Comments



  • CardinalJ wrote: »
    I'm on the look out for a new pair of gloves. Don't have to be super warm but must have good waterproofing.

    TK Stephens Green had the mens Spyder gloves but there gone now. Keeping an eye out for a ladies helmet ATM for my wife.




  • Rew wrote: »
    TK Stephens Green had the mens Spyder gloves but there gone now. Keeping an eye out for a ladies helmet ATM for my wife.

    They had a Purple POC M in swords last weekend!




  • Northface jackets for around 70 in TK Maxx Ilac Centre in Dublin. Also smartwool and Teko merino socks. for 9.99/8.99.

    No decent gloves though!




  • I need a new pair of pants. Every video I have of myself snowboarding I have a big white snowy ar*e.




  • cormee wrote: »
    I need a new pair of pants. Every video I have of myself snowboarding I have a big white snowy ar*e.

    Nice Colombia pants in TK Stephens Green id have bought them but there large and im medium


  • Advertisement


  • TK Stephen's green got a nice delivery of new ski stuff. Womens Spyder jackets, HH jackets and pants, Spyder gloves for men and women, Smith helmets, Oakley pants, jackets, lots of Maier jackets.




  • Rew wrote: »
    TK Stephen's green got a nice delivery of new ski stuff. Womens Spyder jackets, HH jackets and pants, Spyder gloves for men and women, Smith helmets, Oakley pants, jackets, lots of Maier jackets.

    That's lunchtime tomorrow sorted so.




  • CardinalJ wrote: »
    That's lunchtime tomorrow sorted so.

    You're supposed to wear it, not eat it. :D




  • Anyone notice if any TK Maxx have snowboard boots?




  • dylbert wrote: »
    Anyone notice if any TK Maxx have snowboard boots?

    Was just in there, on Stephen's green, didn't see any. Couldn't see accessories like goggles either.


  • Advertisement


  • cormee wrote: »
    Was just in there, on Stephen's green, didn't see any. Couldn't see accessories like goggles either.

    Down on the wall behind the ladies ski gear with the fitness gear




  • I was in delivering training at Great Outdoors last night, all of their stock from last year is 50% off!! Skies for €230 and great deals on Boots




  • Does anyone know what days Tk maxx get their deliveries on? I've only ever been to the dundrum, Stephens green and carrickmines store but have heard that the blanchardstown one is actually the best, what does everyone think of this?




  • Afterlight wrote: »
    Does anyone know what days Tk maxx get their deliveries on? I've only ever been to the dundrum, Stephens green and carrickmines store but have heard that the blanchardstown one is actually the best, what does everyone think of this?

    Its hit and miss I have had my best luck in Stephens Green but thats likely because I work nearby and can go in daily in necessary. Id be reasonably regular in Blanch and they normally have what ever is in Stephens Green. They do tend to have 2 or more rails versus Stephens Green which generally has one maybe 2.

    You have to do the research on what ever is there, the Sypder stuff ATM looks like its the cheaper end of their range. 2 years ago they were out the door with Goldwin jackets and I had never heard of them but turned out to be a decent (and incredibly expensive) brand.




  • Yea the spider gear doesn't seem up to much in there at the moment.




  • Pair of oakley goretex large trousers in tk maxx Limerick for 130. Seems a bargain to me




  • TK maxx Swords have DC Shoe snowboard boots from €40, sizes 7, 7.5, 9 and 10.




  • North Face store in Kildare has Hyvent ski/snowboard pants for €33 at the moment, large and xl sizes though.




  • dylbert wrote: »
    TK maxx Swords have DC Shoe snowboard boots from €40, sizes 7, 7.5, 9 and 10.

    150 to 300 depending on model. Worth a look if you currently rent even if last years model and you only go once a year. In fact that's cheaper then renting and they'll fit with no blisters.




  • Saw those & tempted. Ive 3 hols planned this yr. 2 with ucpa which has gear incl but one in San anton where we'll have to rent and thats pricey enough so might go buy my own pair. The big problem is if they break.... Cant decide...


  • Advertisement


  • Dr Nic wrote: »
    Saw those & tempted. Ive 3 hols planned this yr. 2 with ucpa which has gear incl but one in San anton where we'll have to rent and thats pricey enough so might go buy my own pair. The big problem is if they break.... Cant decide...

    Renting in StAnton is eye watering!!!! Buy them




  • Weve actually found really cheap rental in pettneu about a 5 min drive from san anton. And were driving down from munich so maybe thats a good idea. a board for 6 days for 30eur. 90 cheaper than intersport. Good idea/bad idea? What you think fattes?




  • Dr Nic wrote: »
    Weve actually found really cheap rental in pettneu about a 5 min drive from san anton. And were driving down from munich so maybe thats a good idea. a board for 6 days for 30eur. 90 cheaper than intersport. Good idea/bad idea? What you think fattes?

    Average lifespan of Boots 5 years! Do the maths :) only if they are right though




  • Cheers dude... Know anything about pettneu in san anton? about 5k away. would we be mad renting from a place that 5k outside the village?




  • Do you have an easy way of getting there if the gear is bad and you have to change?

    Heading to St Anton in Jan. Have all my own gear but we're going to Crystal who are giving 2/1 rental…. almost brings it back to normal prices. :eek::eek:




  • Well have a rental car prob focus estate




  • if you decide to change gear etc then it'll be a pain, otherwise seems like a good idea to me, especially if you have the estate. never skied in pettneu (st anton a few times) but seems they have a few runs there so you could in theory try the gear out there after renting it




  • Dr Nic wrote: »
    Cheers dude... Know anything about pettneu in san anton? about 5k away. would we be mad renting from a place that 5k outside the village?

    If you have a car No, makes sense even if you drove 4 times a day you would be still saving ;) Never been in the resort but have driven through it a few times! So not much help sorry mate




  • Goretex Sweet Protection jackets on sportpursuit for £80/€100

    Also goretex womens pants for £70/80


  • Advertisement


  • Thanks guys. Picked up dc scout boots for 50 yest.

    Well decide about pettneu soon.
    As a btw i got a pair of dc snowboard boots last yr in tk that are ever so small. Only worn for 4 days. Would sell them on if anyone interested for like 30eur or whatever. Cost 55. Will put up on adverts


Advertisement