Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Random Lego chatter!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Hi guys, just wondering if any of ye get custom printing done on minifigs, torsos in particular, on a regular basis? I've been looking around online and nnot sure which are trustworthy or easy to deal with.

What I'm doing is creating a little minifig set for Sons of Anarchy, just for fun, and can source 85% of what I need from FireStarToys, but want to get some torsos done. I shouldn't have a problem designing them to a certain spec as I'm a graphic designer by trade.

Like this: cc2be42e10c131eb173f3a43a09ca704.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭p_o_s_t_y

Hey Brendao,I had a custom SINESTRO cyborg minifigure pad printed,I had 100 of them done but it cost me alot of money,of you want them to be of official lego quality I would suggest pad but if it's just for fun digital print is cheaper,I have the details of the person who pad printed my design if you are interested,she has a major printing service in the USA.the price will all depend on how many colours you want and how many parts you want printed,torso is one plate,head another plate,legs etc,I think this only applies with pad though,I am by no means an expert but pm me if you like,I'd be happy to help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Brendão wrote: »
    Hi guys, just wondering if any of ye get custom printing done on minifigs, torsos in particular, on a regular basis? I've been looking around online and nnot sure which are trustworthy or easy to deal with.

What I'm doing is creating a little minifig set for Sons of Anarchy, just for fun, and can source 85% of what I need from FireStarToys, but want to get some torsos done. I shouldn't have a problem designing them to a certain spec as I'm a graphic designer by trade.

I used these guys before: http://minifigs.me/

Appropriately for your situation, the torso printing was what I was most impressed with when my custom arrived.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Pain in the arse, the Helicarrier is available for VIP members in the states to buy now. Still fecking March 1st for us & the UK. No way to get it earlier no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Anyone else notice the huge influx of counterfeit Lego minifigures on adverts? I've a feeling soon it will be impossible to buy original mini figures with confidence as there are far more fakes knocking about than originals.

I also love how the ads go out of their way to say the are "Lego Compatible" who gives a feck they are cheap knockoffs being sold on the popularity of the originals.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Anyone else notice the huge influx of counterfeit Lego minifigures on adverts? I've a feeling soon it will be impossible to buy original mini figures with confidence as there are far more fakes knocking about than originals.

I also love how the ads go out of their way to say the are "Lego Compatible" who gives a feck they are cheap knockoffs being sold on the popularity of the originals.

Shouldn't adverts ban counterfeit goods ? even if they are only on sale for 3 or 4euro ?

I would think so. But I see there is a averts shop set up selling them also. I'll ask on the adverts forum later.

The only way to tell if they are fake is by taking the legs/hips out of the torso,the hip connections are like two flat pieces of plastic pointing up,unlike the lego hex shape,lego usually has a stamp inside the legs of the minifigures too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

p_o_s_t_y wrote: »
    The only way to tell if they are fake is by taking the legs/hips out of the torso,the hip connections are like two flat pieces of plastic pointing up,unlike the lego hex shape,lego usually has a stamp inside the legs of the minifigures too

The heads are usually a slightly different shape and they reflect light in a different way. The plastic and paint are different too but it's harder to tell from that unless the figures are lit up a bit. Comparing what you see with stock images from Brickset or Lego.com usually turns up a discrepancy or two but the knock-offs are getting better and better.

I don't have a huge problem with individual users offloading their knock-offs at a huge discount but I would with Adverts.ie stores as they typically replenish stock. There was a store in the past that neglected to inform that what they were selling was knock-off Lego, a few questions later and a report or two and the store disappeared... I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Yep. I've stopped buying minifigs on eBay for this very reason, and will probably stop visiting Adverts for the same reason. It's not that I can't spot the difference, just the pain in the ass sifting through fakes until you get to the real thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭HorseSea

So far they are not faking the collectable series minifigs, or are they?

I haven't seen any copies of the CMF's but that's not to say they won't start doing copies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

Yeah they are, heard some fake series 1 clowns about.

That's what I was afraid of.

I saw an image of the series 1 complete set,it's by decool I think,they are replicas of Legos series 1,Bricklink is the only place left really

• Advertisement

p_o_s_t_y wrote: »
    I saw an image of the series 1 complete set,it's by decool I think,they are replicas of Legos series 1,Bricklink is the only place left really

I think to be fair though you see a lot of the same people selling Lego on Adverts so it's easy enough to spot legitimate minifigs. I'd be wary of buying single minifigs off new members though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys. I might be selling part of my Lego collection. I would love to do it as neat as possible. All parts checked with brick link and bagged up. I got all manuals and all boxes too.

I was thinking what bags could I use for it? I presume grip seal bags would be the best solution? I can see a lot of them on amazon and very cheap, but is there any places where I could get some in brick and Mortars?

Guys. I might be selling part of my Lego collection. I would love to do it as neat as possible. All parts checked with brick link and bagged up. I got all manuals and all boxes too.

I was thinking what bags could I use for it? I presume grip seal bags would be the best solution? I can see a lot of them on amazon and very cheap, but is there any places where I could get some in brick and Mortars?

I got two packs of zip lock bags in my local Aldi last week. Standard & slightly larger ones. Their grand for most sets. Are you selling anything interesting?

I use the 3 liter Lidl zip lock bags. Most sets would fit into one, the larger sets (1,000 pieces +) may need two.

What are you selling?

I got two packs of zip lock bags in my local Aldi last week. Standard & slightly larger ones. Their grand for most sets. Are you selling anything interesting?

Were those bags on special or normally available? I wonder where else I could get those bags?
    Some irish places sell it, but in packs of thousands... I dont need that much...

I am not sure what I will sell. I might keep all my Lots and Hobit collection, but Technic, Creator and a few small Town things might go. I will see.

• Advertisement

Dunnes Stores have new Freezer bags that are ziplock, very strong and cheap. Not that big, but I use them or multiples for set storage. I think they are only €1 a box of 15 large or 30 medium.

I would be interested to hear what you are selling too.

Plenty of facebook groups if you want to buy or swap minifigures. Ive started collecting too an managed to get a box of series 10 for 60stg. Will take my set and sell the rest. If anyone wants to swap some let me know what you have.

madalig12 wrote: »
    Plenty of facebook groups if you want to buy or swap minifigures. Ive started collecting too an managed to get a box of series 10 for 60stg. Will take my set and sell the rest. If anyone wants to swap some let me know what you have.

How much would you want for a full set?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I'd be interested in seeing what you're selling as well. You'd rarely see good stuff on sale in Cork, most of the interesting stuff is around the Pale.

Were those bags on special or normally available? I wonder where else I could get those bags?
    Some irish places sell it, but in packs of thousands... I dont need that much...

I am not sure what I will sell. I might keep all my Lots and Hobit collection, but Technic, Creator and a few small Town things might go. I will see.

Yeah we often buy them there. I didn't know lidl sold larger ones, that's good to know.

I'd be interested in seeing what you're selling as well. You'd rarely see good stuff on sale in Cork, most of the interesting stuff is around the Pale.

I am not sure yet. As I said, I am keeping all my Lotr and hobit stuff, but I might sell off other stuff. I got my boxes back so was able to do a picture. I will try to get bags tomorrow and sort out all sets on my spare time with no rush. All of my technic parts are taken apart and in drawers, but other stuff in one big bin. After that I will see what can I sell.

DSC_0707_zps71nx9eao.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

What Lego City Fire engine sets are those? The Boy is mad about Fire Engines at the moment...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

What Star Wars sets are those? Looks like the same one twice, but still can't make out what it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Rhyme wrote: »
    I don't have a huge problem with individual users offloading their knock-offs at a huge discount but I would with Adverts.ie stores as they typically replenish stock. There was a store in the past that neglected to inform that what they were selling was knock-off Lego, a few questions later and a report or two and the store disappeared... I think.

I've found many of them too don't even have the item on them, what they're essentially doing is just ordering them off a Chinese website for you

Don't get the ones from Tesco! They're absolutely crap. I get the resealable ones that aren't ziplock

GodlessM wrote: »
    What Star Wars sets are those? Looks like the same one twice, but still can't make out what it is.

Sorry. Was a bit busy and did not even had a chance to look for those damn bags. Those are 75002 sets. 2 of them and both sealed. In fact all sets on the right from technic mountain are all sealed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

gubbie wrote: »
    Don't get the ones from Tesco! They're absolutely crap. I get the resealable ones that aren't ziplock

Agreed. The zips are fair dodgy.
    Sorry. Was a bit busy and did not even had a chance to look for those damn bags. Those are 75002 sets. 2 of them and both sealed. In fact all sets on the right from technic mountain are all sealed.

Will have to get back to you on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

The new Simpsons Series 2 and a Kwik E Mart set have both been officially announced for May!

Announced on @LEGO_Group twitter feed.

Brendão wrote: »
    The new Simpsons Series 2 and a Kwik E Mart set have both been officially announced for May!

Announced on @LEGO_Group twitter feed.

Looks good, but 200 euro is really expensive for that set. At that price they should have at least had a frozen jasper exclusive figure instead of a fecking sticker.

• Moderators Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭Spocker

Had this made for my 5 years olds birthday tomorrow... :D

341944.jpg

Spocker wrote: »
    Had this made for my 5 years olds birthday tomorrow... :D
    I don't think it's genuine lego, the studs aren't branded :)

All I can say is... ouch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just came across this thread and it made me remember the HUGE Lego collection I gathered as a kid. Had a lot of rare Star Wars sets such as both Slave 1 ships with minifigs (lost the Jango Fett one and his jet pack :( ), General Grevious wheel bike set, Jedi ultimate space battle, Clone turbo tank, Land speeder classic and some other huge ship thing that has a handle you can pick it up with :P pity most of them are in pieces now and scattered all over the place :(

EDIT: I've also realised that I've got either the full complete Lego minifigures series 1 or 2. And Castle of Morcia from Kingdom knight collection(?) and Dragon Fortress from oriental expedition collection(?).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Argos now beginning to stock the summer wave of sets, especially the new star wars stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Grim. wrote: »

Why do they have two green plate pieces in the pic? I understand the brick separator (even though it isn't necessary to show it in the pic) but why the green plates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Why do they have two green plate pieces in the pic? I understand the brick separator (even though it isn't necessary to show it in the pic) but why the green plates?

Is that just the pieces that lift the car enough so when its displayed it doesn't roll? Lego always keen to show everything that's included.

May be something to do with when you remove the engine, something to sit it on? ? Just guessing. Green does seem an odd colour for this set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭friso59

Argos have a 20% discount on pretty much all of their super hero line at the moment.

The only problem is that their prices are so high in the first place that the discount only brings them back down to around the same price as the lego website.

Argos can be such a pain with their pricing, it's all over the place.

friso59 wrote: »
    Argos have a 20% discount on pretty much all of their super hero line at the moment.

The only problem is that their prices are so high in the first place that the discount only brings them back down to around the same price as the lego website.

Argos can be such a pain with their pricing, it's all over the place.

They're completely off the wall at the moment. 250 for the Arcos truck!! They seem over priced by at least 20-25% across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Rael

Got an unexpected gift of €100 last night to buy some SW: TFA Lego and have my €6 Smyth's voucher from the Herald. Not sure whether to get the TFA Falcon or Poe's X-Wing and something else.

So many choices, so does anyone have any recommendations or opinions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Rael wrote: »
    Got an unexpected gift of €100 last night to buy some SW: TFA Lego and have my €6 Smyth's voucher from the Herald. Not sure whether to get the TFA Falcon or Poe's X-Wing and something else.

So many choices, so does anyone have any recommendations or opinions?

I would by this:

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/action-figures-playsets/c-775/lego-star-wars/p-15291/lego-star-wars-force-awakens-first-order-special-forces-tie-fighter-75101/

Guys any idea how long you have to wait for an account activation from brickset.com?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hey guys I'm just looking for a little help. As a kid I absolutely loved Lego and was up in my mams the other day looking for some old golf clubs I used to have and came across some of my old Lego blocks from the early 90ss, a red bucket with the standard blocks :)

So I've said feck it I get paid next week so might pick up a set for old times sake. I'm going to Smyth's tomorrow to have a poke around and see does anything catch my eye.

If anyone can suggest a nice set I'd be delighted. I'm going to build and leaving it sitting on a shelf in the office :)

Lego Wall-E maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Spocker wrote: »

He could be a winner :) I spotted the Simpsons house and I'd love that at some stage but a little pricey at the minute !!

Bennys spaceship!

• Advertisement
Advertisement