Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All Random Lego chatter!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭p_o_s_t_y

Hi everyone,I got this dc sinestro cyborg superman pad printed,I think he will go well with the new lego dc sinestro set
    http://touch.adverts.ie/lego-building-toys/lego-custom-sinestro-cyborg-superman/6299204 coming out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Do the Christmas range usually sell out online or end up discounted?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

madalig12 wrote: »
    Do the Christmas range usually sell out online or end up discounted?

They sell and quick. It you want it get it on release day. I haven't seen many of them discounted

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Lego shop is down today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Why do they keep getting better looking!

My modulars are currently split over two countries, but its guaranteed that I'll be getting this.

10246-LEGO-Detectives-Office-480x309.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm getting them in sequence, so I've only just gotten Town Hall. Next is Palace Cinema, so it'll probably be around 2016 before I catch up with the Detective's Office. Looks good though.

This has got to be my favourite way to display minifigs I've seen.

ERAUyat.jpg?1

I just realised the worst thing about buying second hand Lego... Cleaning! Care to hazard a guess at what sets I got?

C5AD1778-2543-481E-AAA8-4109604FDF87_zpsvbxpuflj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

gubbie wrote: »
    I just realised the worst thing about buying second hand Lego... Cleaning! Care to hazard a guess at what sets I got?

C5AD1778-2543-481E-AAA8-4109604FDF87_zpsvbxpuflj.jpg

Chuck it in the dishwasher. Hogwarts?

Chuck it in the dishwasher. Hogwarts?

Don't have one.

It's not really the cleaning that's the annoying bit, it's the drying

And yup, the one on the left is the first Hogwarts. Found a few megabloks (3) in there :mad:

• Advertisement

gubbie wrote: »
    Don't have one.

It's not really the cleaning that's the annoying bit, it's the drying

And yup, the one on the left is the first Hogwarts. Found a few megabloks (3) in there :mad:
    Didn't realise there were two. The second looks like The Burrow.

Pictures out today of series 13 minifigures. Includes a sure to be popular hot-dog man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

So, pictures of the €350 Shield Helicarrier are after being released. Curious as to what others make of it. I seem to be in the minority of views I've seen and think it looks pretty basic for the price. I was honestly picturing something in style more along the UCS line. I know they weren't going to go for a design as good as the 22k piece Ideas submission. But surely it should have been better than that. Am I wrong?

1446923-001-f.Lt.obl.45.png

016.jpg

I think for the price, it's pretty good. I love that they included scaled minifigs, mini fighter jets and the stand. Like I won't get it but I never thought I would because €350 is probably my yearly budget for Lego

How could you leave out the stand?!

16394646302_f1a21dd9c1_o.jpg

[EDIT]
    BN-GR400_lego2_G_20150128180415.jpg
    Awww so adorable!

I think LEGO did a good job on the helicarrier but €350 is a bit too much,the minifigures look good but not for that price

My lego superhero display case

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭HorseSea

After seeing the Ideas model, the LEGO version was always going to be a let down for me. Even compared to the 6700 block scaled down version of the Ideas model I think the released version looks very poor. Not enough snot on the deck either. Like the nanofigures though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 thegeekykind

HorseSea wrote: »
    After seeing the Ideas model, the LEGO version was always going to be a let down for me. Even compared to the 6700 block scaled down version of the Ideas model I think the released version looks very poor. Not enough snot on the deck either. Like the nanofigures though!
    I agree, there is just too many studs showing and price is a bit steep. On another note the thing is over 3ft long. I would have no where to do display that.. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4 thegeekykind

p_o_s_t_y wrote: »
    My lego superhero display case

Can't view this for some reason...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Can't view this for some reason...

It doesn't embed on my browser for some reason. Right-click and view it in a new tab, works fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Hi guys, just wondering if any of ye get custom printing done on minifigs, torsos in particular, on a regular basis? I've been looking around online and nnot sure which are trustworthy or easy to deal with.

What I'm doing is creating a little minifig set for Sons of Anarchy, just for fun, and can source 85% of what I need from FireStarToys, but want to get some torsos done. I shouldn't have a problem designing them to a certain spec as I'm a graphic designer by trade.

Like this: cc2be42e10c131eb173f3a43a09ca704.jpg

Hey Brendao,I had a custom SINESTRO cyborg minifigure pad printed,I had 100 of them done but it cost me alot of money,of you want them to be of official lego quality I would suggest pad but if it's just for fun digital print is cheaper,I have the details of the person who pad printed my design if you are interested,she has a major printing service in the USA.the price will all depend on how many colours you want and how many parts you want printed,torso is one plate,head another plate,legs etc,I think this only applies with pad though,I am by no means an expert but pm me if you like,I'd be happy to help

Brendão wrote: »
    Hi guys, just wondering if any of ye get custom printing done on minifigs, torsos in particular, on a regular basis? I've been looking around online and nnot sure which are trustworthy or easy to deal with.

What I'm doing is creating a little minifig set for Sons of Anarchy, just for fun, and can source 85% of what I need from FireStarToys, but want to get some torsos done. I shouldn't have a problem designing them to a certain spec as I'm a graphic designer by trade.

I used these guys before: http://minifigs.me/

Appropriately for your situation, the torso printing was what I was most impressed with when my custom arrived.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Pain in the arse, the Helicarrier is available for VIP members in the states to buy now. Still fecking March 1st for us & the UK. No way to get it earlier no?

Anyone else notice the huge influx of counterfeit Lego minifigures on adverts? I've a feeling soon it will be impossible to buy original mini figures with confidence as there are far more fakes knocking about than originals.

I also love how the ads go out of their way to say the are "Lego Compatible" who gives a feck they are cheap knockoffs being sold on the popularity of the originals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Anyone else notice the huge influx of counterfeit Lego minifigures on adverts? I've a feeling soon it will be impossible to buy original mini figures with confidence as there are far more fakes knocking about than originals.

I also love how the ads go out of their way to say the are "Lego Compatible" who gives a feck they are cheap knockoffs being sold on the popularity of the originals.

Shouldn't adverts ban counterfeit goods ? even if they are only on sale for 3 or 4euro ?

I would think so. But I see there is a averts shop set up selling them also. I'll ask on the adverts forum later.

The only way to tell if they are fake is by taking the legs/hips out of the torso,the hip connections are like two flat pieces of plastic pointing up,unlike the lego hex shape,lego usually has a stamp inside the legs of the minifigures too

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

p_o_s_t_y wrote: »
    The only way to tell if they are fake is by taking the legs/hips out of the torso,the hip connections are like two flat pieces of plastic pointing up,unlike the lego hex shape,lego usually has a stamp inside the legs of the minifigures too

The heads are usually a slightly different shape and they reflect light in a different way. The plastic and paint are different too but it's harder to tell from that unless the figures are lit up a bit. Comparing what you see with stock images from Brickset or Lego.com usually turns up a discrepancy or two but the knock-offs are getting better and better.

I don't have a huge problem with individual users offloading their knock-offs at a huge discount but I would with Adverts.ie stores as they typically replenish stock. There was a store in the past that neglected to inform that what they were selling was knock-off Lego, a few questions later and a report or two and the store disappeared... I think.

• Advertisement

Yep. I've stopped buying minifigs on eBay for this very reason, and will probably stop visiting Adverts for the same reason. It's not that I can't spot the difference, just the pain in the ass sifting through fakes until you get to the real thing.

Advertisement