Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting in CIT?

Options
  • 31-01-2015 6:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi there!

I've applied to CIT through the CAO for the Accounting level 8 programme. I'm hoping to get more information from current students & alumni about the course and the prospects after graduation, specifically in relation to the big 4/top 10 firms. I know there are a lot more opportunities out there than the big 4/top 10, I'm just curious about the following....

As there is no placement option during term, gaining experience during the summer is obviously vital, how difficult is it to find a summer internship with a big 4/top 10 firm?

Does CIT have a good relationship/links with the big 4/top 10 firms? By this I mean do the firms come to the campus to interact with students at career fairs, presentations, case study competitions etc?

Do many CIT accounting graduates get offered graduate contracts with big 4/top 10 firms each year? Where do the majority of the graduates end up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Finance Grad 2015

Getting summer placements is upto yourself, nothing to do with college. I know many people who graduated from accounting last year that are working in big 4. You can apply for summer internships with big 4 for the summer between 3rd and 4th year... try to get a practice one the year before this

The course is good, and has great prospects. I know kpmg do a case study competition but teams are organised through the business and accounting society, not a specific course, so make sure you get involved in this straight away!

Also, ey do a student challenge, so get involved in this from first year and hopefully by 3rd or 4th year they'll have spotted you and you can then get invited to their other events and possibly become a student ambassador.

Advertisement