Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Most Anticipated Records of 2015

Options
  • 23-12-2014 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,103 ✭✭✭

List on Stereogum which is as good a conversation starter as any. Their Top 10 contains a lot of albums I'm looking forward to hearing. Also keen to hear the new Belle & Sebastian. 2014 was massively underwhelming so here's to the new year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

No mention if the new Muse album dropping in April/May on the list?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Pretty certain the wrens were on this years most anticipated albums list too!

Wouldn't have SK at the top though.

Will be interesting to see what Kanye does as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

Teenage Fanclub :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

After the last album I don't see why it would be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

no mention of tame impala is a joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

lordgoat wrote: »
    Pretty certain the wrens were on this years most anticipated albums list too!

Wouldn't have SK at the top though.

Will be interesting to see what Kanye does as ever.

Don't you mean it would be interesting to see what engineers\producers Kanye hires to create an album for him? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Clermont1098

Waiting and hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

I'd love to hear a new Fever Ray album but I'm not sure the chances of that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Looking forward to the new Decemberists album... Only 3 days to wait !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,103 ✭✭✭mosstin

Sufjan's back! Don't really care what other albums are released this year. Carrie and Lowell is out at the end of March and best of all it's a return to his folk roots apparently. Sounds good to me. Just need some live shows now.

• Advertisement

Björk's new one Vulnicura will hopefully be a cracker! :cool: Biophilia was a big return to form after the slightly disappointing Volta imo, so I'm excited to hear what she'll come out with in her 50th year on earth!

Also looking forward to Sky Ferreira and Savages's second albums. And am hopeful that 2015 will see releases from Radiohead, Cat Power and Bat for Lashes. :)

Björk's new one Vulnicura will hopefully be a cracker! :cool: Biophilia was a big return to form after the slightly disappointing Volta imo, so I'm excited to hear what she'll come out with in her 50th year on earth!

Also looking forward to Sky Ferreira and Savages's second albums. And am hopeful that 2015 will see releases from Radiohead, Cat Power and Bat for Lashes. :)

I hate Bjork. She's just irritating (sorry!:o:o)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭iomega

ricero wrote: »
    no mention of tame impala is a joke

Must be one due?
    Beach House as well. Bloom was great.

lordgoat wrote: »
    I hate Bjork. She's just irritating (sorry!:o:o)

:mad: This should be a de-modding offence in this forum.

*reports post to Admins*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Not sure would you categorise Ash as Indie but their new album will be out at the end of spring they say, a top band with some great tunes, really looking forward to it.

Speaking of Bjork, here's a track from her upcoming album. Beautiful. Love Bjork.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

I'm looking forward to the BADBADNOTGOOD & Ghostface Killah album. Modest Mouse's new album too.

New Aphex Twin EP is fantastic. Great to have him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

probably too much to hope for but something new from the Avalanches or Portishead would be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭IamNotNumber

Modest Mouse for sure and hopefully they will play here as well.New FNM album as well,muthafceker is a great leading single.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Lot's on my list, but over the next month or two certainly Father John Misty, 'I Love you, Honeybear'. Should be a great gig in Whelans also. Last one in the Workmans was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Pretty confident Joanna Newsom will release something new by the end of the year. Super excited to see what she'll do next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

The new Bjork album is really great - it's strange to hear a straight-up songwriting album as opposed to the cosmic/mystical themes of her last few - stepped in emotion and self exploration.

I think The Urges will be releasing their second album, 8 years after they're debut.

This rocks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnH30dQ2hHI

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

New Jape album is seriously good.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Cosmicfox

Really excited for Florence's return.

Hope she's kept the same over the top style. Couldn't find any band quite like them during the hiatus so I'm desperate for new stuff at this stage.

Of monsters and men too.

Wonder if there's any chance of Fever Ray making a come back this year now that The Knife is finished with.

New Everything Everything album definitely. Absolutely loved 'Arc' and sonically one of the best sounding albums of the last few years.

New Jape album is seriously good.

No surprises there!

Not liking Jape's album on first few listens. I'm a fan of Richie, but he does tend to meander with his lyrics and melodies that tend go on too long. There's an overuse of that instrument sound he uses on 'Seance of Light', I liked the single but after listening to the album I felt like I'd listened to it 3 or 4 times. He's better when he tries to say something on his songs too.

• Advertisement

Melody's Echo Chamber. I'm interested to hear what it will sound like without Kevin Parker producing it, because the debut sounds incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfy0_vhfb-s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDyhl5GSje4

Advertisement