Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most Anticipated Records of 2015

• 23-12-2014 7:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭

List on Stereogum which is as good a conversation starter as any. Their Top 10 contains a lot of albums I'm looking forward to hearing. Also keen to hear the new Belle & Sebastian. 2014 was massively underwhelming so here's to the new year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

No mention if the new Muse album dropping in April/May on the list?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Pretty certain the wrens were on this years most anticipated albums list too!

Wouldn't have SK at the top though.

Will be interesting to see what Kanye does as ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭trashcan

Teenage Fanclub :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

After the last album I don't see why it would be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

no mention of tame impala is a joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

lordgoat wrote: »
    Pretty certain the wrens were on this years most anticipated albums list too!

Wouldn't have SK at the top though.

Will be interesting to see what Kanye does as ever.

Don't you mean it would be interesting to see what engineers\producers Kanye hires to create an album for him? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Clermont1098

Waiting and hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

I'd love to hear a new Fever Ray album but I'm not sure the chances of that happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,790 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Looking forward to the new Decemberists album... Only 3 days to wait !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭mosstin

Sufjan's back! Don't really care what other albums are released this year. Carrie and Lowell is out at the end of March and best of all it's a return to his folk roots apparently. Sounds good to me. Just need some live shows now.

• Advertisement

Björk's new one Vulnicura will hopefully be a cracker! :cool: Biophilia was a big return to form after the slightly disappointing Volta imo, so I'm excited to hear what she'll come out with in her 50th year on earth!

Also looking forward to Sky Ferreira and Savages's second albums. And am hopeful that 2015 will see releases from Radiohead, Cat Power and Bat for Lashes. :)

Björk's new one Vulnicura will hopefully be a cracker! :cool: Biophilia was a big return to form after the slightly disappointing Volta imo, so I'm excited to hear what she'll come out with in her 50th year on earth!

Also looking forward to Sky Ferreira and Savages's second albums. And am hopeful that 2015 will see releases from Radiohead, Cat Power and Bat for Lashes. :)

I hate Bjork. She's just irritating (sorry!:o:o)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭iomega

ricero wrote: »
    no mention of tame impala is a joke

Must be one due?
    Beach House as well. Bloom was great.

lordgoat wrote: »
    I hate Bjork. She's just irritating (sorry!:o:o)

:mad: This should be a de-modding offence in this forum.

*reports post to Admins*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Not sure would you categorise Ash as Indie but their new album will be out at the end of spring they say, a top band with some great tunes, really looking forward to it.

Speaking of Bjork, here's a track from her upcoming album. Beautiful. Love Bjork.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

I'm looking forward to the BADBADNOTGOOD & Ghostface Killah album. Modest Mouse's new album too.

New Aphex Twin EP is fantastic. Great to have him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,103 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

probably too much to hope for but something new from the Avalanches or Portishead would be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭IamNotNumber

Modest Mouse for sure and hopefully they will play here as well.New FNM album as well,muthafceker is a great leading single.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Lot's on my list, but over the next month or two certainly Father John Misty, 'I Love you, Honeybear'. Should be a great gig in Whelans also. Last one in the Workmans was great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Pretty confident Joanna Newsom will release something new by the end of the year. Super excited to see what she'll do next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

The new Bjork album is really great - it's strange to hear a straight-up songwriting album as opposed to the cosmic/mystical themes of her last few - stepped in emotion and self exploration.

I think The Urges will be releasing their second album, 8 years after they're debut.

This rocks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnH30dQ2hHI

New Jape album is seriously good.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Cosmicfox

Really excited for Florence's return.

Hope she's kept the same over the top style. Couldn't find any band quite like them during the hiatus so I'm desperate for new stuff at this stage.

Of monsters and men too.

Wonder if there's any chance of Fever Ray making a come back this year now that The Knife is finished with.

New Everything Everything album definitely. Absolutely loved 'Arc' and sonically one of the best sounding albums of the last few years.

New Jape album is seriously good.

No surprises there!

Not liking Jape's album on first few listens. I'm a fan of Richie, but he does tend to meander with his lyrics and melodies that tend go on too long. There's an overuse of that instrument sound he uses on 'Seance of Light', I liked the single but after listening to the album I felt like I'd listened to it 3 or 4 times. He's better when he tries to say something on his songs too.

• Advertisement

Melody's Echo Chamber. I'm interested to hear what it will sound like without Kevin Parker producing it, because the debut sounds incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfy0_vhfb-s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDyhl5GSje4

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Chimera88

Corholio wrote: »
    New Everything Everything album definitely. Absolutely loved 'Arc' and sonically one of the best sounding albums of the last few years.

Definitely second this one. They posted on Twitter not so long ago saying 'if you release a totally happy album this year then you're a liar,' so I'd expect it to be a little on the dark side...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Radiohead album might not be out this year. :(

'I Love you, Honeybear' is one of the best albums I've heard in a long time. I have been listening solidly to it for the last couple of weeks. It's not as immediate as 'Fear Fun', but it fits together so well, I find it hard to start it without playing it from start to finish. Absolutely love the lyrics....'The Night Josh Tillman Came to our Apartment' is pretty damn dark.

Roll on the gig in Whelans at the end of the month. I actually can't believe it hasn't been moved to a bigger venue.

Transfixation from A -Place to bury strangers is due Feb 17. Not sure how much I will like it based on the singles so far.
    I think the EP onwards towards to the wall(2012) is a masterpiece and what got me into them initially.
    Here's a few tracks from that EP ..hoping these might be on the setlist for the workmans gig although unlikely!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Transfixation from A -Place to bury strangers is due Feb 17. Not sure how much I will like it based on the singles so far.
    Their last album was a huge disappointment so I don't have high hopes for their new one. If they can deliver something on par with their debut and Exploding Head I will be a very happy camper.

• Advertisement

Their last album was a huge disappointment so I don't have high hopes for their new one. If they can deliver something on par with their debut and Exploding Head I will be a very happy camper.

Agreeded I tried to get into Worship but seemed to lack a melody in amongst all the noise and distortion. See they announced ZzZ are support act for European Tour ..was hoping for Creepoid who supported in the states.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Really looking forward to the debut from Ibeyi after hearing a 3 or 4 of the tracks in the last few weeks.

Think its released this Monday.

Edit: Seems to have been pushed forward and is out today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Slowest clock - this Dublin band's album from 25 years ago is finally released. Could have done with remastering.

Torres releases her second album Sprinter in May: http://pitchfork.com/news/58236-torres-announces-new-album-sprinter-shares-strange-hellos/

Her first album was really good, "Jealousy and I" and "When Winter's Over" were two of my favourite tracks from 2013 so am hoping this one will be just as good or better. :)

• Advertisement

First track from Sufjans' new album 'Carrie & Lowell'

Lower Dens "Escape from Evil" out March 30, 2015.
    This is outrageously good...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Editors look to be releasing a new album very soon too. TWOYL was very average IMO hoping for an improvement there.

More importantly means more live gigs, one of the best live acts for me, simply mesmerising.

That transfixation album is class,some great tracks and their best album to date.
    http://www.punknews.org/review/13303/a-place-to-bury-strangers-transfixiation

The new Chromatics album Dear Tommy is out very soon. No official release date seems to be given. Here's a song already released:

Chromatics - Just Like You

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mart1977

Hail The Ghost album ....Kieran O'Reilly from Love/Hate's new band......Just released and etting good reviews on the Ticket and Hot Press etc

mart1977 wrote: »
    Hail The Ghost album ....Kieran O'Reilly from Love/Hate's new band......Just released and etting good reviews on the Ticket and Hot Press etc

Two reasons there I'll not be listening to it.

New Staves album out, produced by Justin Vernon, fantastic.....

I think the EP onwards towards to the wall(2012) is a masterpiece and what got me into them initially.
    Here's a few tracks from that EP ..hoping these might be on the setlist for the workmans gig although unlikely!!
    /QUOTE]

Cant believe they played these songs ..maybe they where looking at boards...

The new Alpine album Yuck is out on 12th of June. Here's the first single.

• Advertisement
Advertisement