Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition

Options

Comments

Well it took longer than 7 days to arrive but postman just delivered mine a few minutes ago so anyone still waiting may get it today or in the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DragonboyVNY

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    I'm the same. Ordered it the day we got the email, still no dispatch email.I'm hoping it just arrives soon. Let me know if they email back, thanks!

I ordered on the 7th. Had one email from Nintendo with a Purchase Number.
    Rang the UK Number on that email (actually it was 0044 345 60 50 247) last week and the customer service guy on the phone said that the number I provided wasn't an Order Number, that it should be 8 letters long?

My Purchase Number looks like this: AMB-********-****

So I told the Nintendo Service Centre guy I'd ring him back since he wasn't being too helpful when I said that was the only confirmation email I received after forking over €205 +€6 Delivery.
    I emailed Nintendo on Friday 16th and no news yet...

EDIT:
    Called them again this morning. The guy on the phone said they''ve had a number of dispatch problems in UK and Ireland (it's actually going to be dispatched from Germany), so I will have to wait till tomorrow for when it is passed the 7 working days and they'll investigate further with any details I provide. Fair response... I'll complain tomorrow then. I thought Germans were supposed to be efficient :P

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭nemes1s

Just got mine this morning nice little system.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

I ordered on the 7th. Had one email from Nintendo with a Purchase Number.
    Rang the UK Number on that email (actually it was 0044 345 60 50 247) last week and the customer service guy on the phone said that the number I provided wasn't an Order Number, that it should be 8 letters long?

My Purchase Number looks like this: AMB-********-****

So I told the Nintendo Service Centre guy I'd ring him back since he wasn't being too helpful when I said that was the only confirmation email I received after forking over €205 +€6 Delivery.
    I emailed Nintendo on Friday 16th and no news yet...

EDIT:
    Called them again this morning. The guy on the phone said they''ve had a number of dispatch problems in UK and Ireland (it's actually going to be dispatched from Germany), so I will have to wait till tomorrow for when it is passed the 7 working days and they'll investigate further with any details I provide. Fair response... I'll complain tomorrow then. I thought Germans were supposed to be efficient :P

I didn't even get a purchase number emailed to me. Seriously what are Nintendo playing at? I checked my bank account and sure enough the money was paid on day 1. I'm not at home atm but I text back and doesn't sound like it arrived today either. :mad:

EDIT: Sounds like it just arrived. Nintendo making me look like a fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DragonboyVNY

I didn't even get a purchase number emailed to me. Seriously what are Nintendo playing at? I checked my bank account and sure enough the money was paid on day 1. I'm not at home atm but I text back and doesn't sound like it arrived today either. :mad:

EDIT: Sounds like it just arrived. Nintendo making me look like a fool.

Good stuff.

Surely enough I received my Deliveries today (I was waiting on an order for Work/Catering supplies).
    Saw the Postman van arriving around noon to my surprise... Lucky I was still at home.

Update:
    - No Dispatch Email was ever received.
    - I had no idea what my Tracking Number was, and I tried the number on DHL's German/European site just in case. They didn't work, and returned an Error.
    - It DID arrive on the 7th day (lucky for Nintendo, but they need to keep a tight ship running on that).

Best of Luck to everyone else still waiting for theirs, it'll be worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭jos22

same my arrived today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Seven Ambassador Editions currently up on Adverts, not one sold.

I don't see the love for it (over waiting). As soon as new, nicer plates came out, I'd be off with them

[Edit]
    I think people predicted them to be really valuable, and soon after people got them in the UK, ebay was awash with them, and people were selling them easily for £280-£320, but since the Nintendo Direct was broadcast, the great majority have gone unsold and can be quite easily picked up for slightly more than cost price.

gubbie wrote: »
    Seven Ambassador Editions currently up on Adverts, not one sold.

I don't see the love for it (over waiting). As soon as new, nicer plates came out, I'd be off with them

[Edit]
    I think people predicted them to be really valuable, and soon after people got them in the UK, ebay was awash with them, and people were selling them easily for £280-£320, but since the Nintendo Direct was broadcast, the great majority have gone unsold and can be quite easily picked up for slightly more than cost price.

I didn't buy mine planning to sell it but then in the meantime nintendo announced the Majoras Mask bundle edition so now I'm just trying to cover the cost of that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'll happily pay for an Ambassador Edition but only the price it originally cost and, perhaps, a little less for those stupid resellers who unsealed it and took it out of the box, numpties!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Some serious markups on Adverts by many.

Did Nintendo or anyone else release the total number of how many Ambassador consoles were sold as if I do spend my New XL budget on one I would like to know how rare an item I am splurging on, regardless of how rare though if I bought one I would open it up as soon as I got it to use it.

Has Nintendo released details of when Smash Bros 3D will have amiibo support?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I didn't buy mine planning to sell it but then in the meantime nintendo announced the Majoras Mask bundle edition so now I'm just trying to cover the cost of that.

Oh I'm not saying you did. Sure I plan on doing similar, I mean in selling my XL, that Skull Kid statue and maybe the limited edition game to finance mine. I must make a table and calculate it.

I just don't think many people are being realistic with the price they've put on it. I think many came up with the figure of €400 because thats what the previous Limited Club Nintendo ones went for, but they were really quite scarce. I can only find mention of 2 of those on adverts. Many are just unrealistic.
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'll happily pay for an Ambassador Edition but only the price it originally cost and, perhaps, a little less for those stupid resellers who unsealed it and took it out of the box, numpties!

I thought about that too... but don't you hear these scare stories where someone takes out the PS4 and then sticks a brick in, reseals it perfectly and you're none the wiser unless you open it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The only reason I didn't bite was because I was expecting the launch price of the standard N3DS to be the €169 mentioned, not the €195 it has become.
    Looking at it now I would have thrown down the money.
    Ah well, that's what hesitating does to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Nollog

The only reason I didn't bite was because I was expecting the launch price of the standard N3DS to be the €169 mentioned, not the €195 it has become.
    Looking at it now I would have thrown down the money.
    Ah well, that's what hesitating does to you!

so much for the eu thinking hiding rrp's would increase competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Mine finally arrived as well today, thank Christ. I missed the postman this morning but collected it at the depot this evening. Can't wait to test it out. :)

Want to do the system transfer so I can fully embrace this new little beauty. I got a new 32 GB microSD card for it, should I insert that first before I even switch it on, then turn it on and do the transfer? Or does it matter?

you can put a blank card into the new system first.

on the new system . turn it on, enter a name time and internet settings.

once you done that turn on the old system and go to setting and set it to 3ds system transfer and following the on screen instructions

Thanks jos22! I actually did those exact steps and transfer is currently in progress. :) Probably gonna take a while because I opted to transfer all data wirelessly, but good things come to those who wait. :)

Thanks jos22! I actually did those exact steps and transfer is currently in progress. :) Probably gonna take a while because I opted to transfer all data wirelessly, but good things come to those who wait. :)

That could take hours I heard. Depending on how much stuff you got. I did pc option about 15 mins to reconfigured after the pc part. I surprised by how much better the 3D is. The smash cover look good on it pity the special cover didn't add more details other than Nintendo in Japanese.

I'm loving this new 3DS, so compact and lots more buttons, and better placement of the buttons and sliders too. The famicon/snes abxy buttons look absolutely gorgeous on the white model, and the 3D - Wow! It's really stable when you move or tilt your head or the console. It's almost scary how much better it is, the little world behind the screen feels like another reality! :pac:

To be fair, the ambassador edition has 2 extra faceplates and a charging cradle. Also the fact that you get it a few weeks early, so that's the reason for my price. It isn't as unreasonable as others on there.

• Advertisement

Well, I had the email and decided to wait, being it on the erroneous notion that Irish shops would play fair with price.
    More fool me.

Well, I had the email and decided to wait, being it on the erroneous notion that Irish shops would play fair with price.
    More fool me.

The Irish shops are a joke, you'd be better getting it through Amazon, the few days wait is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Nollog

More fool me.

Rookie mistake.

Maybe Tesco will price it fairly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

You think tesco will stock it at all? Haven't seen much (any) Ninty HW in-store since they sold off the 3DSes for €10 (and DSes for €50 - wtf?) earlier in the year, and aside from liquidation stock (why no love for Imagine Ponies and Jam Session?) there's almost no 3DS software either in most tescos*

*that I've been in.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Rookie mistake.

Maybe Tesco will price it fairly.

Ciderman = not a rookie but perhaps a gobsh1te from time to time

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Got a sorry we missed you from an post this morning so that'll be my 3DS. Right on day 7 too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

still no goddamned system transfer on the n3dsxl

More fool me.

last I was in Gamestop Smash for 3DS was 55 :eek:

jos22 wrote: »
    last I was in Gamestop Smash for 3DS was 55 :eek:

Well, I'm not singling out GS regarding the New 3DS price, all the Irish retailers are in the same price region.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Collected mine today.

DF6CC207-1C71-4963-94B3-222C63073928_zps6pmtmtud.jpg

I think I have a problem....

617DFF4A-24C0-42B7-A30E-0172E078CD30_zpsdkfh6vf1.jpg

Advertisement