Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

• 12-01-2015 10:40am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So Christmas is over 11 months away, the weather is really bad, it's dark and dreary, how can it get better? By posting up our reasons to be cheerful! :D

You have a reason why you're day might not be as bad as it could be post it here.

I'll kick off, my reason to be cheerful today is, I finally get to see the final Hobbit movie tonight (the LOTR and Hobbit films always remind me of Christmas) which means an awesome cinema date and lots and lots of yummy cinema treats! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

The days are getting longer! Spring is around the corner.......and we have 11 months to prepare for Christmas :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

When it's not stormy it's lovely and bright outside. I need my Vitamin D fix!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'm a shopping genius and managed to save over €15 on toiletries this morning. \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Sales still on for a cheap jumper or boots.

Fire on the hearth.

Sunset just past 4.30.

The first celandines cautiously emerging. Planning next winter's garden already!

(Note to self: Eranthis. Bergenias. Garrya elliptica? and Snowdrops!)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Monday's over!! \o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭b318isp

It's panto season!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's SNOWING!! :D

I saw a couple of tiny flakes of snow today. Very very exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭b318isp

And the sunrise is nearing my commute time - so glorious mornings!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Over half way through the working week! :D

• Advertisement

I'm picking up my glasses later and I'll be able to see things again!

Looks like my summer holidays are going to be approved in the next day or so. :)

Posy wrote: »
    Looks like my summer holidays are going to be approved in the next day or so. :)

Where you off to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

A special little chap in my life asked me to be sponsor at his confirmation in April, I was nearly in tears when he asked.. Happy tears though

p.s Loughc my to do lists in work are getting me through the week, thanks for the tip! I just needed to hear it from someone else

Loughc wrote: »
    Where you off to?
    I haven't decided yet! Possibly Sweden. :D

I've had the Ray Foley Reasons To Be Cheerful jingle stuck in my heads for days because of this thread.

I've had the Ray Foley Reasons To Be Cheerful jingle stuck in my heads for days because of this thread.

That may have been my inspiration for this thread. In a non related note I'm going to be starting a eh yeah ok thread soon too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

I've got a long weekend coming up and am heading off to Mayo to visit my best friend and drink tea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

We've all had the Norovirus since Saturday.. Today is the first morning the kids slept all night and I don't feel like death warmed up :)

I made cookies. Perfect day to overdose on cookie dough.

• Advertisement

I think I speak on behalf of everyone here when I ask.... can I've some?

Of course, let me just find my shoes and I'll deliver them.

Oh no, all my shoes seem to have gone missing. Sorry. :D

Of course, let me just find my shoes and I'll deliver them.

Oh no, all my shoes seem to have gone missing. Sorry. :D

No worries I can come collect them :pac:

Grand, don't get blown away by the wind on the way!

We are halfway through January already!!

And it's FRIDAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

There's a weekly magazine I read, and I just remembered that one of my colleagues saved me the Christmas edition (I was on holidays when it came out) - feeling super festive again :)

I wore my Christmas t-shirt yesterday. I had it on under my coat so no one could see it, and when I got home I threw a jumper on over it, but I knew it was there and it made me happy. :)

And also, Minter Wonderland ice cream is the best ice cream ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Having the last of my Iced Christmas fruit slices with a cuppa roll on Decemer I hope Dunnes Stores stock them again,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mikedublin

In our house we have a little Mini-Christmas on the first weekend of February. (its kind of a tradition as one year someone couldn't be home for Christmas and we had this mini-christmas then).

We take down our decorations as normal on the 6th Jan , but keep a small box of them aside and re-decorate the dining room for the day. Instead of buying each other presents we each treat ourselves to something we really want (And didn't get given for Christmas ;)

Any leftover boxes of choclates etc are used up that weekend.

The neighbours probably think we're nuts , but we love our Mini Christmas and its great to have it to look forward to during those first few weeks of the year !

By the end of it we feel all christmased out. And ready to face the rest of the winter.

Advertisement