Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Official Intake 9

• 12-01-2015 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Well here we are finally! Welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kerrsplash

I'm in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 1PCPLOD

A long time coming!!!!!! Woopwopp

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Lestrade

Very well done to all, look forward to meeting everyone in GV

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Batman91

Count me in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kerrsplash

What is everyone? (odd question I know)

21 Male!

• Advertisement

23 male

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Bearington

Im in!!!

(Scored 62 on AC)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

Bearington wrote: »
    Im in!!!

(Scored 62 on AC)

Why did I read this, it's getting my hopes up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

Well done everyone. Good to see 62s getting in too,hopefully bodes well for everyone in campaign one eventually getting a place.

If the nerves were bad waiting on calls now they'll really kick in over the coming weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SolidSnake44

Cromlech wrote: »
    Why did I read this, it's getting my hopes up now.

Absolutely agree!! Trying to concentrate on work here is proving difficult!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

Absolutely agree!! Trying to concentrate on work here is proving difficult!

It seems so close but still so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 robocop12

Long afternoon of phone watching for those who are sitting on 62 atm with all other stages passed!!!

Wonder how many calls are still to go out!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 1PCPLOD

Ahhhh notice handed in already

1PCPLOD wrote: »
    Ahhhh notice handed in already

Yeah same here,my current employer are about to put out an ad for positions so decided it wasn't fair leaving it til afterwards

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭GavinusMaximus

Yeah same here,my current employer are about to put out an ad for positions so decided it wasn't fair leaving it til afterwards

Congrats to everyone on getting the call. Youve all done very well and deserve it.

Im still waiting myself with a score of 62 and starting to get a little anxious. Were any of you called on a home phone or any number other than youre mobile.

Im desperate to make sure ive got all the bases covered. Congrats again and vest of luck to everyone else still waiting

My mobile is my only contact number so I'm afraid I can't help much mate.

It seems to have gone very quiet since this morning and you'd have thought the calls would have stretched out over a longer time period,so fingers crossed there may be more to go yet...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭GavinusMaximus

My mobile is my only contact number so I'm afraid I can't help much mate.

It seems to have gone very quiet since this morning and you'd have thought the calls would have stretched out over a longer time period,so fingers crossed there may be more to go yet...

Thanks for getting back.
    Yea im surprised its went quiet so soon, but whatever the case I just need to suck it up and wait.

Any chance somebody could message me HR's contact number?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dr_watson

Call 101 and ask for HR.
    I just had to check my call log to be sure I didnt imagine that call this morning. We seem to have the shortest notice period so far of the 1309 campaign. Have to get my finger out and get the essentials.

Cheers! Managed to get sorted!

I know, I'm still in disbelief at the minute, feel like I'm going to wake up any second now!

Yeah I was surprised at the notice myself, but then again, we've been doing a fair amount of waiting about throughout the campaign!

Hope there are more calls tomorrow for those still remaining!

• Advertisement

Dr_watson wrote: »
    Call 101 and ask for HR.
    I just had to check my call log to be sure I didnt imagine that call this morning. We seem to have the shortest notice period so far of the 1309 campaign. Have to get my finger out and get the essentials.

What essentials do we need? Haha

Owenrs wrote: »
    What essentials do we need? Haha

I think there is a list of stuff that those that have gone before recommend. I will wait and get the induction out of the way first.

Did anyone on here ask about the starting salary? I forgot to ask

Batman91 wrote: »

I didn't but I'm assuming 23k? Tbh for the career we'll be getting I'm not overly concerned but I'm sure we'll find out in the induction.

Batman91 wrote: »

I didn't ask. Was gonna take it anyway. Hopefully there will be some info in the induction pack. I will see if anyone in intake 8 knows because we will be the same.

I'd be very confident it's the 23k

One thing I've been wondering,and obviously being as vague as possible,if there's anyone coming from really far afield to Garnerville,would they travel everyday after the residential period or get a place close by short term?

Or is there another option I'm missing altogether?

You will probably get the chance to stay on at the hotel GV after the residential part. Alternative is find a short term rental or travel.

Ah hadn't realised staying on was possible,unfortunately it would be a last resort for me for reasons I can't really go into on here.

I'll be looking at possible short term rental but kind of hoping there's someone else in the same boat to share the cost!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Suzuka

Just out if interest, is there anyone who'd back out if it was the revised £19k starting pay?

Congrats to you all btw, to say I'm jealous is an understatement :( lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 AAPD123

Suzuka wrote: »
    Just out if interest, is there anyone who'd back out if it was the revised £19k starting pay?

Congrats to you all btw, to say I'm jealous is an understatement :( lol

Surely everyone knew it was dropped to £19k?

Advertisement