Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know Your Elves - The Red Robin Round

• 08-01-2015 9:12pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So to everyone familiar with our Know Your Elves you know the format is one person per week being asked questions, (for anyone not familiar check out the official thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057276709)

The Red Robin Round is different, it is;

1 Question per Day,
    Anyone can ask the question,
    Anyone and as many people can choose to answer it,
    The questions can be about anything, (although the more Christmas themed ones the better) but all topics are allowed,
    Once Midnight hits it's open season to ask a new question.

This is just a bit of fun to help pass the days other than just the regular countdown thread.

It starts tomorrow or at Midnight to be exact, so that gives us 350 potential questions between now and the big day :)

As always any comment, queries and feedback are greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'll kick things off with the first question,

During Christmas 2014 what was the best present you got and the best present you gave?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Best present I got - A weekend to Kilkenny

Best present I gave - An ipad

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Best present I got: A poster with some of the places we've been together from my husband. I'd mentioned awhile back that I wanted to start buying things that we could put on the wall and he bought the poster for me as a starting point.

Best present I gave: Beer! I spent the last few months asking my husband about the different beers he was drinking and secretly taking notes so that I could buy him some new ones in the styles that he likes the most. I was very proud of myself. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

Best present I got: a photo frame with nine small photos, each of my boyfriend and I. I really a appreciated the thought he'd put into it.

Best present I gave: kind of in the same vein as the best I receieved. I got my mam a calendar with pictures of her dogs - she seemed chuffed with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Got: card made by my kids
    Gave: cash myself and my wife would spend on each other, we give to Temple St.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

After midnight so here's a new question for you,

1. What's the Christmas movie that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
    2. And the one that you really can't stand(optional!)

scream wrote: »

Speech at the end of Scrooged gets me everytime, especially the fact that it was mostly ad-libed..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭washiskin

Best present received: Some lovely books from my O/H & Mam - A book of Ladybird book covers, the Irish Mammies Christmas book & a David Liebovitz cook book.

Best given: A pair of Converse for my Nephew and a Lathe I gave my o/h - though I've been a wood widow since mind :D

1. The Muppett Christmas Carol or A Christmas Story

2. Love Actually. The more I watch it the more parts of it really grinds my gears.

1. Elf. Definitely Elf. It's such a lovely film.
    2. Gremlins. I've only seen it once and I really don't think it's a good film.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Mine is also a muppet Christmas carol. Love everything about it. The songs, the muppets and the fact it reminds me of my childhood.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I've never seen a Muppet Christmas carol. :o

My favourite(s): Elf and Fred Claus.

Least favourite: It's a Wonderful Life. I just find it boring and contrived.

What is the one Christmas tradition you could never go without?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Loughc wrote: »

New Christmas jammies

New Christmas jammies

That's a great one! I was trying to think of one but you've definitely posted mine! Best tradition ever. And the great thing about Christmas jammies is that you can put them on in June and remember Christmas.

Cafferys Snowballs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

Christmas music and several stiff drinks while decorating the tree. This really marks the start of Christmas for me.

Cafferys Snowballs.

I am obsessed with Snowballs.

I am obsessed with Snowballs.

And not just any aul snowball..
    Could wipe out half a box of Cafferys with one cup of tea without even breaking a sweat.

And not just any aul snowball..
    Could wipe out half a box of Cafferys with one cup of tea without even breaking a sweat.

Same! I had to learn to ration them so they'd last longer.

• Advertisement

Maris Piper spuds, bread sauce. Midnight Mass & a trip to Bray.

Christmas dinner made by my Dad!

What one Christmas activity would you recommend?

I think the best Christmas activity I can think of today is take time to have a dvd/tv marathon with a selection box to munch on and enjoy time to yourself.

Christmas tends to be hectic with the build up and prep it's hard to remember to take time for yourself.

This answer may have been influenced by the weather this morning haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭CarrieAnne

Taking the time to enjoy "the madness"!!

I went to see Elf in the Lighthouse Cinema in Dublin this Christmas. They usually have screenings of various Christmas classics on the run up to Christmas. This was my first year going and I would definitely do it again!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Make decorating the house for Christmas fun! I've noticed that loads of people seem to see it as a bit of a chore... We blare Christmas music and open a tin of Roses when we're decorating

Going to see the Moving Crib in Parnell Square and a Christmas film in The Lighthouse cinema.

Answering my own question here but mine would be driving around to look at the lights on other people's houses. Especially good if you do a bit of research first and find out where the really good lights are.

• Advertisement

What non Christmas themed movie do you love watching at Christmas time?

For example I love watching the back to the future movies and the Indiana Jones movies at Christmas time.

Advertisement