Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know Your Elves - The Red Robin Round

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

A couple of days down the county in October if we're lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

We're almost one bank holiday closer to Christmas!

Today's question: Does anyone have any lovely bank holiday weekend plans? I have none!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

We're almost one bank holiday closer to Christmas!

Today's question: Does anyone have any lovely bank holiday weekend plans? I have none!

My plans are to move enough that people don't think I'm clinically dead :pac:

Been a busy month in work. This weekend will be mostly used to binge on Netflix.

Loughc: The sloth of the Christmas forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Loughc wrote: »
    This weekend will be mostly used to binge on Netflix.

House of Cards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Hope everyone has a lovely Bank Holiday!:):)

Has anyone started thinking what crafts they intend to get up to for the coming Christmas?

Topical question: Are you a Eurovision fan?

I love it. I love how mad it is and how rubbish some of the songs are and how funny the thread on Boards about it can be. It's a lot like the Toy Show really.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm not a big fan of it these days. Used to like it back in the day. my favourite part is still the results. Douze pointe :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I liked it a lot more when there were fewer countries in it and they actually announced all the points, even just one or two points - it felt more exciting. Nothing to do with the fact that we used to win all the time, of course

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

Love it to death. I've got my plans to slob out with my beer and junk(jellies, peanuts, crisps, popcorn etc...) and just take the p!ss like there's no tomorrow. There's just no excuse not to get into the eurovision spirit of things. And of course you can always drink 'til it sounds good, if you're that way inclined, which I am of course :0)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Are you doing anything nice for the bank holiday weekend?

Scarinae wrote: »
    Are you doing anything nice for the bank holiday weekend?

I'm working Monday, so it'll be a normal weekend for me... but I'm not too upset as this day two weeks I'll be on HOLIDAYS!! :D

Cat Laughs this weekend. \o/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

No plans as of yet- just looking forward to three whole days off in a row!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

Going out for dinner in Friday and then to see Ham Sandwich play at the Olympia. Then on Saturday we're heading down to
    Limerick to see my boyfriend's family :)

Shameless bump here but lets bring back the red robin round for this.

Question is open to all to answer and you may add a question if you wish and you may answer as many questions as you like.

Best/Worst Christmas present you've ever received?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Best present I ever received was a snooker table.

Best present you gave to somebody?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Best present I got -
    (i) my Kindle. I love reading, always have since I learned how, and it's the last present my mam gave to me before she passed away so it's got sentimental value as well.
    (ii) a pair of really good quality headphones. They're coming up on 15 years old (which means they're probably not as good as today's models) but the person who bought them hates shopping with a passion and still went around the shops in various places to do the research before buying a pair. I still remember the hint I got before Christmas that year when I was trying to guess what I had got: "It's something you wear most days." I didn't guess correctly. :D

Worst present I got -
    A top that wasn't my size and was a colour that made me look ill. Needless to say, it went straight into my 'donations' bag when I was spring-cleaning!

Advertisement