Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Has anyone got the phone number for the cancellation dept? Had a quick look but cant see it .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Has anyone got the phone number for the cancellation dept? Had a quick look but cant see it .

The loyalty dept is 061 272190

That's who they put you through to once you say you are cancelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Are people getting 6 months half price on these current increases? since 1st Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭OU812

Just got 6 months at half price €42.50 with 240MB broadband & full TV package (non horizon) with unlimited phone calls. Price goes up to full after 6 months & gives me an average of €65 a month which I'm happy with. I also pay an extra €11 for multiform (which I'm not happy with & will be going)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭cson

6 months half price here too; effective rate of €60/month for the middle package of Phone/TV/Broadband. Was on €50/month since last years deal but I'd be going up to ~€85 from February. So I'll consider that a result of sorts.

May get a handset now and start using the jaysus phone!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

My bill going up by €4.

I only have

Digital select extra
    120mb broadband
    Home phone (obviously cheaper in a pack as I actually have no phone from them)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

the prices are shockingly high. It sucks that you're pretty much snookered to take a bundle. I am on the half price at the minute, which is €40 p/m horizon. I'm not happy with their prices at all and I wasn't willing to wait forever on the phone today either.

Is anyone getting the 50% off for 12 months? I don't think I would be happy to pay anymore than what I am paying. I use the internet quite a bit, but the tv probably gets an hour of use per day and that's usually to catch the news.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

goz83 wrote: »
    the prices are shockingly high. It sucks that you're pretty much snookered to take a bundle. I am on the half price at the minute, which is €40 p/m horizon. I'm not happy with their prices at all and I wasn't willing to wait forever on the phone today either.

Is anyone getting the 50% off for 12 months? I don't think I would be happy to pay anymore than what I am paying. I use the internet quite a bit, but the tv probably gets an hour of use per day and that's usually to catch the news.

I'm relying on this thread for info as I've been trying for 3 days to get into their website in vain, UPC customer that can't access the UPC website, says something!

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Rang 061 272190 and got Limitless 240Mb with mobile calls half price for 6 Months , existing customer , asked about canceling my account and putting it under the wifes name . The nice chap said "why bother ? " he offerd me the discount on the spot.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,000 ✭✭✭mad m

was onto them earlier, won't budge on the deal she had for me, max horizon, 240meg,unlimited phone. 42.50 for 6 month then 85 euro for remaining year. Saves me over 300 euro if I was to stay with original package. Which at mo I'm paying in or around 76euro a month for max horizon,unlimited local, national, international calls, plus 200meg BB.

• Advertisement

sharkman wrote: »
    Rang 061 272190 and got Limitless 240Mb with mobile calls half price for 6 Months , existing customer , asked about canceling my account and putting it under the wifes name . The nice chap said "why bother ? " he offerd me the discount on the spot.:D:D

Yeah but what are you paying now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭homingbird

hi is their a reconnection fee if you cancel your sub with them & go back do they take away your modem so you have to buy it back!!!!

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

mad m wrote: »
    Yeah but what are you paying now?

I was on the old Fiberpower BB with phone @ €64.49 a Month ..

sharkman wrote: »

But what will you be paying now I meant? If you got the bundle as a new customer I think your locked in for 18months. First 4 is 30/35? Then rest is 85?

mad m wrote: »
    But what will you be paying now I meant? If you got the bundle as a new customer I think your locked in for 18months. First 4 is 30/35? Then rest is 85?

€25 for first six , then €45 thereafter , 12 Month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Larcoon

Hi, Did anyone get a good deal on BB and home phone (No TV) recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭The Masculinist

If anyone needs to cancel their UPC contract early, there may be a solution to the problem.

My UPC broadband was getting very slow during the evening time. I started to take note of the time and date when I experienced slow spots and frequently called UPC to complain about it (many hours spent on the phone). I wrote them a strongly worded letter letting them know that they had breached the terms of the contract due to substandard service and as a result the contract was void. I also indicated that I was cancelling any future payments. Within a week they sent a courier out to collect my box and that was the end of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

sharkman wrote:

No wonder they gave u this offer...they were looting you !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Larcoon wrote: »
    Hi, Did anyone get a good deal on BB and home phone (No TV) recently

I've had a deal for a year and 3 months now of 26.99 per month (it's not a discount on contract it's the standard monthly fee, I'm not in contract now) for 120mb broadband and Off peak calls. It's going up by 2.99 per month but I'm getting any time free calls now. Not bad to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭emy

cookie1977 wrote: »
    I've had a deal for a year and 3 months now of 26.99 per month (it's not a discount on contract it's the standard monthly fee, I'm not in contract now) for 120mb broadband and Off peak calls. It's going up by 2.99 per month but I'm getting any time free calls now. Not bad to be honest.

Same here, just got an email that my contract has been changed, now i will be paying 2.99 more. I also have 120mb broadband and Off peak calls.
    I thought that UPC will follow the baril petrol price trend, but no, they like going upwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Interesting to hear people get 6 month half price on Horizon. Rep I spoke to was adamant that 4 months was the max they could do the deal for Horizon but I was offered 6 months half price for my current/regular package

Well if you take TV they are giving 6 months........nothing for just BB though for people who were on half price entire year !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭OU812

As an aside, I refused the horizon box. I've no interest in HD (download for that) & the reports of how utterly buggy it was put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 goalposts

Hi,

Has anyone else got an email from UPC saying that a new package is available at the same (or less) cost to your current one post the price increase? If you have, then have a look at the link which the "Claim Now" button follows - it ends in a number (for me it was 277) which is an argument to the script on the page. If you change this number you might get a better deal. In my case I was able to get the 4 months half price offer for BB + phone which others have had to speak to an agent to get.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Spoke to the loyalty department,

Currently paying 73 a month for Horizon 120mb bb and phone this was the bundle on offer last year and I got 4 months half price as I accepted their first offer.

Was offered to upgrade the plan to the new bundle of 75 pm but I would lose some tv channels and was offered 15 euro off per month for 6 months
    I told them no and Eircom had a better offer of same deal but 6 months half price.

He offered 6 months half price on the spot, and it would apply to the 80PM deal or 75 PM deal. the 75 I would lose some channels but the 80 I would increase my channels. I told them I would think about it.

His last statement on increasing channels on the 80PM deal doesn't make any sense though as the bundle on the website does not reflect this. both bundles show the same TV channels

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭fdevine

goalposts wrote: »
    Hi,

Has anyone else got an email from UPC saying that a new package is available at the same (or less) cost to your current one post the price increase? If you have, then have a look at the link which the "Claim Now" button follows - it ends in a number (for me it was 277) which is an argument to the script on the page. If you change this number you might get a better deal. In my case I was able to get the 4 months half price offer for BB + phone which others have had to speak to an agent to get.

Good luck!

Got the email but no discount or anything showing. €85 pm is the "offer" which excludes my extra box that they now want €11 pm for......

• Registered Users Posts: 29 goalposts

fdevine wrote: »
    Got the email but no discount or anything showing. €85 pm is the "offer" which excludes my extra box that they now want €11 pm for......

I initially was given no discount, until I changed the number from 277 to 279 and then I had 4 months at half price. Worth a shot if you haven't done so already...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I initially was given no discount, until I changed the number from 277 to 279 and then I had 4 months at half price. Worth a shot if you haven't done so already...

Could you please pm me the link? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭fdevine

Mine ends 273. I'll try 279 and report back

EDIT: My "offer" is for 240Mb BB, Horizon Max & Anytime Mobile at €85 - Currently on 200Mb BB, Horizon Max & Anytime World with extra box for c.€75

Changing to 279 the offer is 120Mb BB & Calls half price for 4 months

I'll be calling them as their new "value added services" (Prime, mobile calls, etc) are of no benefit to me and with everyone in the house using wireless we don't get above 50Mb connection

• Advertisement

Can you PM me the link ? My claim now button takes me to existing customers offer

Advertisement