Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loo roll of choice?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The soft triple ply one in lidl so nice on my tushy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I'm always suspicious of persons who cheap out on loo roll... something not right there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

I felt sh1t this morning.

That's the last time I buy Tesco Value Toilet Roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,991 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Really though, wet wipes are the way to go, gets the job done better than any paper and doesn't take as many sheets. Going back to toilet paper after them is like going back to Playboy after using Redtube.

They block your toilet pipes eventually

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Seeing as I use it to wipe sh1te from my arse, the brand or premium quality isn't of pressing concern.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

I used to think the same, but now my bum has become too delicate for the sandpapery stuff. Once it's soft though, all's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Aldi aloe Vera

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

lukesmom wrote: »
    Aldi aloe Vera

^^ I hate it really :(

Luke92 wrote: »
    ^^ I hate it really :(

Aw you should have told me you hated it my son

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Snazziest Carrefour own brand stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Any toilet paper that is smooth, on the whole.

And, with Crohn's, the smoother the toilet paper, the better!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

The Irish Independent.

Sometimes I print off threads from this site and use them. It feels so satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

After a number 2, do you put all the dirty roll in the toilet and flush it away? Or do you put it in the bin?

I flush it but I was told before to put it in the bin to avoid clogging the toilet with paper. No thanks, I'd rather not effectively poo in my bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Saxon Aloe Vera from Aldi. €1.99 for four rolls, three-ply so need fewer sheets. What you save on cheap loo roll you'll spend on soap and water.

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Saxon Aloe Vera from Aldi. €1.99 for four rolls, three-ply so need fewer sheets. What you save on cheap loo roll you'll spend on soap and water.

Love it. Trips to the toilet used to be annoying but that's a thing of the past now that I have aloe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Tesco Cheapo one for the upstairs bathroom and our en-suite.
    Cushelle for the guest/downstairs bathroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

fussyonion wrote: »
    PS I actually ran out of loo roll this evening so have resorted to using Kleenex Balsam tissues,

For unexpected emergencies, use nature's finest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I mostly use wet wipes but does it really matter when there's sh1t smeared all over whatever you use

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Cushelle for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

After a number 2, do you put all the dirty roll in the toilet and flush it away? Or do you put it in the bin?

I flush it but I was told before to put it in the bin to avoid clogging the toilet with paper. No thanks, I'd rather not effectively poo in my bin.

Flush the fecking stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Next time you're in Dublin airport, go for a poo. Notice the toilet paper.....one ply.......ONE!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Emma...........EMMA !!

Next time you're in Dublin airport, go for a poo. Notice the toilet paper.....one ply.......ONE!!!!

One thing I hate about needing a poo in commercial places. You may as well not use TP at all.
    I have a skin condition and sometimes the rubbing of toilet paper can cause irritation so I was told to use flushable wipes to reduce it, which work tremendously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

efb wrote: »
    The soft triple ply one in lidl so nice on my tushy

That one. Is. Brilliant.

The aloe vera one from Aldi would be as good if it didn't smell like an air freshener.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

ryanf1 wrote: »
    One thing I hate about needing a poo in commercial places. You may as well not use TP at all.
    I have a skin condition and sometimes the rubbing of toilet paper can cause irritation so I was told to use flushable wipes to reduce it, which work tremendously.

When I read this story in 2005 I stopped using public toilets lol.

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/carlowpeople/news/man-suffered-rash-after-trip-to-toilet-27015043.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Had I the choice my "loo roll of choice" would be the butt hose of south east Asia. I love the butt hose and intend to install one in my own bathroom remodel one day.

(I predict that the majority of the responses to this post will be "Ewww!" apart from a small minority who have experience of the butthose going "Hell yeah!")

Chris___ wrote: »

I prefer to avoid if at all possible but: when you gotta go, you gotta go:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

How much you spend on toilet paper depends on how much you value your ass. I value mine a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I use the Andrex aloe vera stuffs. I never want my bum to be angry with me so I get the 12 rolls for a tenner or something like that.

Like heaven for your bum bum

When I get my own house. I am going to get a bidet. Those things are amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Never the very budget the supermarket ones. Only because they are much smaller rolls to start with, and then the paper is thinner so you've to use twice as much.

Usually the "nicer" supermarket ones.

Advertisement