Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loo roll of choice?

Options
  • 27-12-2014 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

What toilet roll do you buy?

I used to buy a cheap 40-roll pack from the local cheapy shop for a tenner but then it used to go all bally when you used it, resulting in clumps of toilet paper on the bathroom floor AND giving one an itchy bottom, so I switched to Cushelle.
    What do you buy?

PS I actually ran out of loo roll this evening so have resorted to using Kleenex Balsam tissues, which feels luxurious and I suppose it's allowed since tis Christmas...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

The white kind

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Yesterdays newspaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

We have to use Kittensoft coz anything else is too thick to go down… :/ toilet paper, that is.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

20 dollah billz :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Andrex, I think it's the Shea butter ones. Loo roll is worth spending a little more on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

The finest tesco bog roll for 99cent for 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I was always one of those people who felt toilet roll was all the same and why waste money on expensive stuff, but then I used the cheap shoite and my arse was very angry about it, so yeah, Lexie, I see what you mean!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Really though, wet wipes are the way to go, gets the job done better than any paper and doesn't take as many sheets. Going back to toilet paper after them is like going back to Playboy after using Redtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

Get you significant other to use newspaper, then you can read the news whilst having sex doggy style.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Whatever reduces the chances of my finger going through the paper and up me hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

At the moment we have The Snowman toilet roll. It was on special.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

cheep tesco everyday value 12 pack!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

the daily mail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

When it comes to shopping, I find the discount brands or own-name brands are nearly always just as good (if not better) than the premium brands.

However, there are 3 things I will never cheap out on.

Sausages, ketchup and toilet paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Left hand for wiping. Right hand for eating… I think?! Shît! Can't remember :eek::o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

The quilted kind from Aldi, soft but tough on yer behind ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Rabbo

When it comes to shopping, I find the discount brands or own-name brands are nearly always just as good (if not better) than the premium brands.

However, there are 3 things I will never cheap out on.

Sausages, ketchup and toilet paper.

Wise words. Also, washing up liquid. Anything other than Fairy is useless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

For me I wouldn't skimp on washing up liquid (fairy), washing powder (gel tabs from aeriel) fabric softener (lenor) toothpaste or showergel or shampoo or loo roll. Everything else is fair game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

The one that says "merry Christmas"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

This debate brings to mind the entirely true story of a Native American who went to buy toilet roll in a general store*
    "Me need toilet paper.", he says. The proprietor replies "I have SuperSoft at $6 for four rolls, or I have No-name at $4 for four rolls."

The Native American decides "Me take No-name." Two weeks later, the Indian returns to the store. He says, "Me have name for No-name toilet paper."

"What is it?" the owner asks. "John Wayne," says the Indian. "Why John Wayne?" the owner asks. "Because it rough, tough, and take no **** off Indian."

*DISCLAIMER: may not be entirely true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Robsweezie wrote: »
    the daily mail

Best use for it really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Using Rubles at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

As a younger man,and one involved in the building trade,I found that my rectum was well able to withstand the kind of flotsam and jetsam to be found around the site when cleaning up after "releasing the hostages" (I don't mean shovels or such,but old papers,plastic sheeting,dpc).
    Nowadays I treat it with a Little more respect by using a double-quilted brand called "Lambi" which,I suppose is named as to give the user that it is similar to wiping yer arse with a frolicking newborn spring lamb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Nothing goes up my arse unless it has something furry on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

For me I wouldn't skimp on washing up liquid (fairy), washing powder (gel tabs from aeriel) fabric softener (lenor) toothpaste or showergel or shampoo or loo roll. Everything else is fair game

they are all fair game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I want to get the toilet paper that my Mammy buys. I've never found a way to bring it up though. "I like your particular brand of **** rag, would you buy me some for Christmas?"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

bidet

no need for toilet roll

only poor people use loo roll

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Honey Monster

Toilet threads: Banned in AH since 2007.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

bidet

only poor people use loo roll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Tesco once had Regina Chamomile scented toilet roll on offer for under €2. It smelt nice (had it on top of the radiator could smell it all over the house) and was really thick/strong. Next time I went to buy it I think it was over €4 so I just said **** it and put Tesco value toilet roll in my trolley. I normally buy the Homestead toilet roll in Gala. Does the job.

Advertisement