Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwareversand.de Paypal payment

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

red_bairn wrote: »
    Best to ring them and ask. You could see if there is an alternative item.

You'll have to wait don't be picking inferior parts to get a faster delivery.This is the length of time my near full build took.Bank transfer clearance Parts out of stock and shipping over a weekend.
    2014-11-16 at 16:34 Online-Order
    2014-11-18
    Your payment conclusion via Prepayment was confirmed us.

2014-11-24 at 15:20 Mail about missing parts sent.
    2014-11-26 at 11:38 The goods are ready for collection or assembling.
    2014-11-26 at 14:02 The invoice was made.
    2014-11-26 at 18:00 The goods were dispatched. - 3 package(s).
    2014-12-01 at 11:45 The goods were delivered to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    You'll have to wait don't be picking inferior parts to get a faster delivery.This is the length of time my near full build took.Bank transfer clearance Parts out of stock and shipping over a weekend.
    2014-11-16 at 16:34 Online-Order
    2014-11-18
    Your payment conclusion via Prepayment was confirmed us.

2014-11-24 at 15:20 Mail about missing parts sent.
    2014-11-26 at 11:38 The goods are ready for collection or assembling.
    2014-11-26 at 14:02 The invoice was made.
    2014-11-26 at 18:00 The goods were dispatched. - 3 package(s).
    2014-12-01 at 11:45 The goods were delivered to you.

I couldn't even wait for the part, the motherboard isn't even on the site anymore so I had to order from amazon.it, it cost a bit more but it was the board I wanted. Fairly bad experence for my first time ordering through them.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Just got my mail about missing parts, due on Wednesday, so expecting to receive next Monday :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Mine arrived today after being dispatched Wednesday evening. They seem very hit and miss regardless. I think their stock checker on their site is completely and utterly wrong.

Seems to be, I mean once it arrives and seeing what I've got I'll be delighted but 2 weeks it will have taken in total unfortunately

• Advertisement

lunacy, did you end up getting your build yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lunacyfoundme

Kanney wrote: »
    lunacy, did you end up getting your build yet?

Yes I meant to update but have been far too busy playing Far Cry 4 on Ultra at 60 fps.

Parts arrived on Thursday about half 2. Building a PC is far easier than I remember, people shouldn't buy pre-builts from retailers at all.

Re the stock system, by their own admission the HV stock levels aren't always up to date. I think it's absolutely shambolic for a large scale retailer to have a stock system accessible to the public for the purpose of sales not updated in real time.

I don't think you could use them if you had to be certain of stock levels and delivery dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Re the stock system, by their own admission the HV stock levels aren't always up to date. I think it's absolutely shambolic for a large scale retailer to have a stock system accessible to the public for the purpose of sales not updated in real time.

I agree about the stock system but as soon as I called them on the Friday about changing my tower to the similar model with a window and cable management, they told me that I wouldn't need to pay an extra fiver for it, even though I was willing to, and they sent it out that evening. It was delivered the following Wednesday. I'm pretty happy with them tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭jamesk014

Used them myself about 4 months ago for a total of €600. just went into a branch of who I'm with (Ulster bank) and was as easy as giving the info HWVS give you and you accepting t and c and choosing wheather to pay a small few to rush the exchange or wait a week I think it was without. once they receive it the process the order I think once they got mine it was a week to arrive at my door not a crincle in a box or anything.

Yes I meant to update but have been far too busy playing Far Cry 4 on Ultra at 60 fps.

Parts arrived on Thursday about half 2. Building a PC is far easier than I remember, people shouldn't buy pre-builts from retailers at all.

I don't think you could use them if you had to be certain of stock levels and delivery dates.

Nice, what specs is it?

I'm buzzing to play Far Cry 4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

jamesk014 wrote: »
    Used them myself about 4 months ago for a total of €600. just went into a branch of who I'm with (Ulster bank) and was as easy as giving the info HWVS give you and you accepting t and c and choosing wheather to pay a small few to rush the exchange or wait a week I think it was without. once they receive it the process the order I think once they got mine it was a week to arrive at my door not a crincle in a box or anything.

Ulster Bank don't have online banking?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭jamesk014

Oasis1974 wrote:
    Ulster Bank don't have online banking?

they do but I hadn't got the card reader that's needed to do a bank transfer online so I could go into a branch and do it before the reader arrived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Ordered from them recently. Used bank transfer.
    I didn't select the rush payment option with AIB, as they wanted 14 euro to do it.

Payment type Prepayment

Date Event
    2014-12-04 at 12:17 Online-Order
    2014-12-05 at 06:26 We received your payment amounting to 763,68 EUR .
    2014-12-05 at 14:40 Due to your payment the order was cleared for delivery.

Less than 24 hours later, they received the transfer.

Sadly, I've had no update from Hardwareversand since then :( Really hope they get this dispatched soon, as its a gaming build for a friends child for Christmas.

I've sent them an email asking for an update, but I know they can be very very slow :(

Sadly, I've had no update from Hardwareversand since then  Really hope they get this dispatched soon, as its a gaming build for a friends child for Christmas.

Ring them tomorrow morning. Much faster response time with a phone call.

Ring them tomorrow morning. Much faster response time with a phone call.

I just rang about my build, apparently the parts were all supposed to be in yesterday so I rang and they said they are waiting on one part that will be in next Tuesday, then they will deliver.

Will be close to a month now.

Kanney wrote:
    Will be close to a month now.

Unlucky. I just caller them and asked for the alternative. Same model but had a window to one side and cable management on the other side.

Unlucky. I just caller them and asked for the alternative. Same model but had a window to one side and cable management on the other side.

I'll have it hopefully in a week, but its just infuriating, the waiting. I'll have it for Christmas which will be nice, any more delays and I definitely won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

For such a popular site this thread doesn't paint them in a very good light. Cheap or not don't think I'd use them.

superg wrote: »
    For such a popular site this thread doesn't paint them in a very good light. Cheap or not don't think I'd use them.

For the price I'd use them, even if they told me, look it'll be 3 weeks. Its the not knowing that annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I'm impatient, once I've placed an order for stuff thats supposed to be in stock I expect it to be dispatched within a day or two. I use Scan or overclockers now mainly, if it says its in stock then it is and you'll have it in a couple of days guaranteed.

• Advertisement

Oh man, these guys are a joke.

I call and say you were supposed to have my WD 1 TB HDD in stock last wednesday, now he says it will be thursday. I kick up a fuss and he says its an estimated delivery. So I was like, there is seriously 8 days in the difference for an estimate?

So I just got them to replace it with a Seagate, I just want the thing now, so he says it will ship tomorrow. I will be VERY VERY surprised if I have this by Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Oh man, these guys are a joke.

I call and say you were supposed to have my WD 1 TB HDD in stock last wednesday, now he says it will be thursday. I kick up a fuss and he says its an estimated delivery. So I was like, there is seriously 8 days in the difference for an estimate?

So I just got them to replace it with a Seagate, I just want the thing now, so he says it will ship tomorrow. I will be VERY VERY surprised if I have this by Christmas.

Well if its any comfort, my GTX 970 shipped from them on Friday and arrived today, so there's still a good chance you'll have it before Christmas.

Provided they don't feck it up.

Provided they don't feck it up.

And there lies the problem :D

Kanney wrote:

I changed my case for the same model but slight variations and it was shipped the day I called them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

This thread doesn't bode well for the girlfriends order..
    Ordered hard drive on the 4th and nothing since, was in stock and all...

I changed my case for the same model but slight variations and it was shipped the day I called them.

I just got an email saying they've now shipped it. Its with UPS and they say delivery for Friday 19th, so I'm buzzing to get it.

My friend says when I see that its in the country I should ring UPS (he did this) and say you need it urgently for business purposes and can collect from the local depo. So I'll try that.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    This thread doesn't bode well for the girlfriends order..
    Ordered hard drive on the 4th and nothing since, was in stock and all...

Call them.

I just got an email saying they've now shipped it. Its with UPS and they say delivery for Friday 19th, so I'm buzzing to get it.

My friend says when I see that its in the country I should ring UPS (he did this) and say you need it urgently for business purposes and can collect from the local depo. So I'll try that.

Out in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Call them.
    Is the number a lo call number or that?
    I'll be ringing off a mobile so I'd rather not get stung calling them. although might be able to use a phone in work..

Will it matter that she ordered and not me?

• Advertisement

Out in Dublin?

Actually thought there was one in Galway, I'm mistaken... Friday hopefully

Advertisement