Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Leahy show axed

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Was it really Dan Healy or is that just you're suspicions ?? While I wouldn't be surprised if it was Dan Healy, I find it bazar that facebook won't remove a NECKnomination page after 2 deaths but they will remove a page petitioning the national broadcaster .... But I'm not saying that's not what happened.

My suspicions are that perhaps Will Leahy contacted the group and requested that the page be removed - Maybe he was getting pressure from the boss but as he said in his FB post, he still has to work there !!

Well your suspicions are totally wrong because the same guy that started the first page is the same guy who has started the new page because of it being taken down.
    Necknominations don't pay Facebook for advertising or to promote their page, 2fm does.
    Money makes the world go round.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭greengirl31

Well your suspicions are totally wrong because the same guy that started the first page is the same guy who has started the new page because of it being taken down.
    Necknominations don't pay Facebook for advertising or to promote their page, 2fm does.

That makes sense I suppose .... Shocking really that 2 FM can do that ... I wouldn't have thought Facebook are that reliant on advertising from 2FM but there you go !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I don't understand your rxplanation. If a page is reported and taken down by Facebook, the page owner doesn't get to see who reported it. So nobody, other than the people dealing with reports in facebook, would actually know who reported the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

This is all getting very messy and toys out of the pram childish. I like Will on air but publicly supporting a facebook page calling for your reinstatement is unprofessional and undermines your boss. Will has had a good 7 years on drive time and weekends prior, all the while holding a full time job elsewhere. He should have the grace to accept the decision whether he agrees with it or not. Both Leahy and John Clarke were happy to tow the party line when it was going their way. If Leahy was that dedicated to his radio career perhaps he might have made himself available to work other shifts, in fact I think he would have been good on breakfast, but it seems Leahy wanted to continue to have his cake and eat it, sorry lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭greengirl31

reg114 wrote: »
    This is all getting very messy and toys out of the pram childish. I like Will on air but publicly supporting a facebook page calling for your reinstatement is unprofessional and undermines your boss. Will has had a good 7 years on drive time and weekends prior, all the while holding a full time job elsewhere. He should have the grace to accept the decision whether he agrees with it or not. Both Leahy and John Clarke were happy to tow the party line when it was going their way. If Leahy was that dedicated to his radio career perhaps he might have made himself available to work other shifts, in fact I think he would have been good on breakfast, but it seems Leahy wanted to continue to have his cake and eat it, sorry lad.

In fairness to Will, he didn't publically support the page but he didn't denounce it either - he did acknowledge it but said there was no need for it. He posted himself on FB thanking fans for support but that he didn't agree with some of the abusive comments that were being made and that they were still his colleagues

I suspect my first theory was correct

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Thats not fair, he is a solicitor, which lm sure hes pretty busy, works and lives in limerick with his family. 2fm wanted everything shifted up to dublin, doubt he would have that much time on his hands to do other than weekends .....

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

Thats not fair, he is a solicitor, which lm sure hes pretty busy, works and lives in limerick with his family. 2fm wanted everything shifted up to dublin, doubt he would have that much time on his hands to do other than weekends .....

How do you know Will Leahy wasn't given an ultimatum? How do you know he wasn't asked to move to lunch or mid morning or even breakfast ? It's quite possible he was asked to move from drive to another weekday gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

How do you know Will Leahy wasn't given an ultimatum? How do you know he wasn't asked to move to lunch or mid morning or even breakfast ? It's quite possible he was asked to move from drive to another weekday gig.

l don't know was he given an ultimatum, l don't know was he asked to move....yes its possible but l'v heard a few times it was down to the fact everything was to be shifted to dublin, l could be wrong (open for correction) but thats what l think has happened....l doubt they would have wanted to move him to a different time when they know he is already working during the day....

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Rock Solid

Lets hope Colm Hayes show flops, bring back Will, I wont be listening to Colm Hayes today or anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Is he on today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Are you working in 2FM?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭ofcork

Is he on today?

No paddy McKenna is filling in,will leahy is off for a month before he starts his weekend shows.

No I meant Colm Hayes, just when someone said they weren't going to listen to him today or ever, though he had started today but I realise Paddy is still filling in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Turn the radio on

Will Leahy is another man who should have handled his axing more professionally, He should have said that as a result of having a full time day job that he has decided to spend more time with his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Will Leahy is another man who should have handled his axing more professionally, He should have said that as a result of having a full time day job that he has decided to spend more time with his family.

There's no reason why he should say something like that unless it was the truth. I haven't heard him say or do anything unprofessional since his move was announced.

What exactly has he done that's been unprofessional? :/

Where has he stated that reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Rock Solid

When is he starting his weekend show, or is he ?

Rock Solid wrote: »
    When is he starting his weekend show, or is he ?
    Next weekend. Saturday 5-7 Sunday 5-8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

So he should have lied? And that would have made him more professional?

Both Larry gogan and dave fanning left their weekday shows quietly unlike will Leahy, and they don't have another full time job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Both Larry gogan and dave fanning left their weekday shows quietly unlike will Leahy, and they don't have another full time job.

because no one listens to them

one play's two year old pop songs trying to be "relivant"

and the other sound like he is on speed with a wood pecker up his willy o dee

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

Will Leahy just after posting on facebook "big news for fans of former more music drive to be announced next week"......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

tommy249 wrote: »
    Will Leahy just after posting on facebook "big news for fans of former more music drive to be announced next week"......

Where??

https://mobile.twitter.com/willleahy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

MrMac84 wrote: »

He posted on Facebook, not twitter! :pac::pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭radioland

wnolan1992 wrote: »

He seem to be talking about Fridays. As for numbers, I don't think his were ever that strong mon-fri

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

radioland wrote: »
    He seem to be talking about Fridays. As for numbers, I don't think his were ever that strong mon-fri

consistent

Im sure Colm Hayes and his mono-tonal dribble is beating his numbers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

radioland wrote: »

I think this is just a reference to his Friday treats slot on the more music drive where people had to text in how they were treating themselves on a Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Radio_Fan_67

Reverting back to Will Leahy on drive is hardly the way forward, Despite his #bringbackwill fanbase, his ratings were piss poor for an national drivetime show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭radioland

fergus1001 wrote: »
    consistent

Im sure Colm Hayes and his mono-tonal dribble is beating his numbers :pac:

Think they're quite similar

Advertisement