Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Hope all Foster owners had handcuffed Blue or have a strong back-up candidate.

Wish I'd held on to Blue... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

The joys of fantasy football...actually spent a good bit of time this week deciding on what WR's to start. 2 that I started combine for 5 points. 2 that I benched combine for 24 points before end of the first quarter. Dont know why i bother....

:D I have Jonas Gray sitting on my bench having started Ben Tate in one league :D

Also started Brady (currently -1) with Wilson on bench :D

Great week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Tristram wrote: »
    :D I have Jonas Gray sitting on my bench having started Ben Tate in one league :D

Also started Brady (currently -1) with Wilson on bench :D

Great week :D

I scored 53 so far this week and have Gray on my bench. He'll have outscored my starting team soon :-P still have Steelers kicker tomorrow and luckily only need 6 points to win. If I loose I'll not half be raging :-P

Who to start at RB2, Jonas Gray against tough Detroit run D or Trent Richardson against Jacksonville?

Then, Andrew Hawkins or the loser of the Gray/Richardson decision for a flex spot?

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Raoul

Who to start at RB2, Jonas Gray against tough Detroit run D or Trent Richardson against Jacksonville?

Then, Andrew Hawkins or the loser of the Gray/Richardson decision for a flex spot?

Tough one. Gray was good last week but where was he before that? Blount also could cause trouble in the backfield. And Detroit is arguably the best run d in the league.

But then Trent isn't great at all. I would leave Gray on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Richardson will definitely have more carries today with Bradshaw out, and as said above I think Gray's role will be diminished with Blount being welcomed back to the fold with open arms.

The Lions are only giving up around 70yds per game on the ground and only 4 TDs so far this season, Whereas the Jags are giving up 125yds per game and 8 TDs.

Andrew Luck will be tearing the Jags defense apart with TY and others, so expect room for Trent to run despite the fact that hes not playing well. As for the second part, I'd go with Hawkins in the Flex. I just cant see Jonas Grey doing anything at all today against that Lions DEF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Raoul wrote: »
    Tough one. Gray was good last week but where was he before that? Blount also could cause trouble in the backfield. And Detroit is arguably the best run d in the league.

But then Trent isn't great at all. I would leave Gray on the bench.

I would have agreed. I have Gray in 4 league 1 of which I had to put him in.

Add these together and it makes sense to leave him on the bench:

Lion Run D + Blount + Being Sent home from Practice = Limited carries.

I think we got that call right ha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,853 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Anyone know why the Broncos DEF is consistently ranked so highly by sites like ESPN etc? I've been meaning to pick up a different one but I always look at them in 3rd or 4th in the rankings and say I'll leave them in. They never score more than about 6 points, and last night managed a whopping -1. Are the lads doing the weekly rankings actually watching at all? I know I should be going with my own instincts on these things and not going by the rankings, but the truth is I'm a coward. Anyway if anyone in Div 6 wants the Broncos in a trade, they're, uh, really highly ranked...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Just as a side note , is it because it's a 16 team league that the waiver moves so slow? I was at W3 for a few weeks only gone to W2 now, but sure there's no one to pick up really.

how does it work post season?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

I need help, I'm on a losing streak and in danger of missing play offs. I have Golden Tate and Megatron, Jeremy Hill and Bernard, each week i pick the wrong one and putting both in is too risky, do i leave both RBs out and do i seriously considered dropping megatron?

You really can't drop Megatron. He is liable to have a huge game anytime. Look how many times Stafford targets him, it is ridiculous.

I would probably go with Hill and Megatron. Hill has been very good and the Bengals have gone extremely run heavy. If you played Bernard then you might get lucky and he has a massive play. If I was you I would have traded Tate or Megatron.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

BKWDR wrote: »
    Just as a side note , is it because it's a 16 team league that the waiver moves so slow? I was at W3 for a few weeks only gone to W2 now, but sure there's no one to pick up really.
    Unless those above you pick, you won't move ahead of them
    how does it work post season?
    It doesn't. We start fresh every year for draft order etc

Dodge wrote: »
    Unless those above you pick, you won't move ahead of them

It doesn't. We start fresh every year for draft order etc

Cool, yeah i think its just slow to move as there really isnt that much activity as there isn't a whole lot left.

You really can't drop Megatron. He is liable to have a huge game anytime. Look how many times Stafford targets him, it is ridiculous.

I would probably go with Hill and Megatron. Hill has been very good and the Bengals have gone extremely run heavy. If you played Bernard then you might get lucky and he has a massive play. If I was you I would have traded Tate or Megatron.

Would you start both Hill and Bernard if you're alternatives are Mckinnon, Alfred Blue or possibly Sammy Watkins?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭aferru

Super clash for the the playoff in ww13.

Two questions: stick with Kaepernick vs SEA or going mad and pick up Mettenberger @ HOU
    and
    Crowell @ BUF or McKinnon vs CAR???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Have waivers always been processed on Thursdays? If so, is there anything to be said for moving this to Wednesdays for next season?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,860 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think Thursday is fine. It gives players a chance to see how practice is going if they are in a position where they want to grab a handcuff off the waiver wire.

I don't like the Wednesday morning ones that we have in a few leagues.

Another thing was mentioned there about changing the waiver wire to worst gets first and I like that idea. It keeps things competitive all season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I'd agree with the worst gets first stipulation too. I think we should have a vote on that in the offseason, or even now while we're guaranteed activity and have it in place for next year.

• Advertisement

I'd agree with the worst gets first stipulation too. I think we should have a vote on that in the offseason, or even now while we're guaranteed activity and have it in place for next year.

We have voted in the past in fairness and the current system won handily. Not saying another vote can't happen

Have stuck by Kaep too long.

Kaep @Seahawks

Tannehill @Jets

I take it Tannehill is the no brainer here?

BKWDR wrote: »
    Have stuck by Kaep too long.

Kaep @Seahawks

Tannehill @Jets

I take it Tannehill is the no brainer here?
    Yes

Is it bad etiquette to constantly seek roster advice??
    I've it narrowed down to either Golden Tate, Gio Bernard or possible Latavius Murray for the Flex? Must win game

Deco99 wrote: »
    Is it bad etiquette to constantly seek roster advice??
    I've it narrowed down to either Golden Tate, Gio Bernard or possible Latavius Murray for the Flex? Must win game

Not bad etiquette at all. We're all just guessing and sometimes it's good to get different views

I'd go with Tate based on him playing the horrendous Bears D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

We have voted in the past in fairness and the current system won handily. Not saying another vote can't happen

yep we voted on it only 2 seasons back and it won easy. Don't want Nice treaty part 2 where we keep going back to the same vote till the answer changes. I don't think anything should ever be set in stone but if voted on it should at least be 4-5 seasons before its revisited again.

personally I disagree with worst to best, I think tactically knowing when to pull the trigger on a waiver is an important part of the game and not a case of everybody pulls the trigger each week gambling on finding gold because priority will be reset the next week.

there should be reward for knowledge and research of the game and not a situation where people will just get lucky on waivers by the virtue of the sheer numbers of waivers processed.

Not bad etiquette at all. We're all just guessing and sometimes it's good to get different views

I'd go with Tate based on him playing the horrendous Bears D

Tate for me too. Hopefully the Lions offense gets going eventually. 2nd choice would be Bernard. Murray could be great but like he did only get 4 carries last week and you never know he could just be another Antone Smith (I don't think so but still...).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Can anybody , anyone at all, give me a any reason to start Cutler this week ?? My other option is Bridgewater, who has a nice matchup v Carolina. I'm on the brink of making the playoffs and I really don't know what to do here. I have Jeffery at WR so at least when Cutler hits him I double up... FCUK.MY.LIFE

Vanolder wrote: »
    Can anybody , anyone at all, give me a any reason to start Cutler this week ?? My other option is Bridgewater, who has a nice matchup v Carolina. I'm on the brink of making the playoffs and I really don't know what to do here. I have Jeffery at WR so at least when Cutler hits him I double up... FCUK.MY.LIFE

There is your reason to start Cutler if you want to justify it to yourself. But I would probably go with Teddy. I myself had started Cutler all season :o:o but managed to pick up Drew Stanton who I am going to start instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

There is your reason to start Cutler if you want to justify it to yourself. But I would probably go with Teddy. I myself had started Cutler all season :o:o but managed to pick up Drew Stanton who I am going to start instead.

Thanks.... I think :confused:

Advertisement