Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

Tristram wrote: »
    Thinking about it more now, will it go through? Or does the two day trade reject deadline mean two full days i.e. trade accepted Friday 1500 (1500-2400 doesn't count), Saturday = Day 1, Sunday = Day 2?

Apologies for being a bit dim on this! :o

Morning mon 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

This is what is wrong with some leagues.

327923.jpg

You have 3 major players on BYE and you still sneak it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Raoul

BKWDR wrote: »
    This is what is wrong with some leagues.

327923.jpg

You have 3 major players on BYE and you still sneak it.

He won't win.

Anyway... He has Matthews in there. Missing for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Raoul wrote: »
    He won't win.

Anyway... He has Matthews in there. Missing for a while

Ryan Matthews is back this weekend

Yeah but I presume that he has been in the guys team for a while despite not playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

If McCoy has a great game he'll still sneak it.
    It is frustrating as hell though. You scrape around to make a team and then that happens....
    I'd be calling shenanigans right there

PauloConn wrote: »
    If McCoy has a great game he'll still sneak it.
    It is frustrating as hell though. You scrape around to make a team and then that happens....
    I'd be calling shenanigans right there

In fairness McCoy only has to have an average game and i would imagine he will be good to go. Can't see my K + DEF topping McCoy on a good day.

Look at his DEF score....unheard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Yeah, that was an exceptional score alright. I wouldn't have bet against you at the start

I actually missed he had McCoy. Yeah nothing worse than losing to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Looks like the Eagles D did the job for you!

• Advertisement

In a keeper league and my season is over...would you take Peterson and a 9th round pick for Demarius Thomas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

In a keeper league and my season is over...would you take Peterson and a 9th round pick for Demarius Thomas?

these leagues or so interesting as it really is more like the actual nfl, I would be very interested in taking AP as next season he comes in likely very fresh and we know he wont be banned next year. However short term he wins big so maybe look for a 5-6th round pick.

How many players can you keep at end of season?

Looks like the Eagles D did the job for you!

328038.jpg

No way would i have predicted this result! NUTS

manafana wrote: »
    these leagues or so interesting as it really is more like the actual nfl, I would be very interested in taking AP as next season he comes in likely very fresh and we know he wont be banned next year. However short term he wins big so maybe look for a 5-6th round pick.

How many players can you keep at end of season?

Only 2. I originally had him but dropped him as I needed to win some games and it didn't work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

No. Demarius is probably a 1st rounder anyway and who knows what's happening with AP

What round would you keep AP or Thomas in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Is it worth picking up AP? any chance he plays before end of season?

Deco99 wrote: »
    Is it worth picking up AP? any chance he plays before end of season?

Prob not but a gamble to take if you're playoff bound with a spare roster spot

gufc21 wrote: »
    Prob not but a gamble to take if you're playoff bound with a spare roster spot

Just read he may be back by December, and hopefully he just took up that spare spot and i may be playoff bound. Getting rid of Ronnie Hillman, supposedly injured and last two games its become obvious Manning isnt a fan.

Deco99 wrote: »
    Just read he may be back by December, and hopefully he just took up that spare spot and i may be playoff bound. Getting rid of Ronnie Hillman, supposedly injured and last two games its become obvious Manning isnt a fan.

I guessed he would be reinstated alright. The only fear I would of had really is would the vikes play him from a pr standpoint? They are not in a real playoff hunt and mkinnon is performing well

Further on to my keeper league. Got offered a trade of DT, Edelman and Kelce for Matt Forte and a 2nd round pick. Think I might take this one. You could argue Forte is almost as good as DT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Further on to my keeper league. Got offered a trade of DT, Edelman and Kelce for Matt Forte and a 2nd round pick. Think I might take this one. You could argue Forte is almost as good as DT.

Almost as good? He's a top 5 pick every year

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Just a question that occurred in my mind as i was setting my lineup in the keeper league this morning. In a keeper league is it acceptable in some cases to start a player on a bye? Sometimes I wonder whether the long term success of the team would be better if I could hold onto a player and take the points hit for that particular week rather than dropping him for someone weaker just so i can have a full lineup.

it's obviously not something I'd do in the normal divisions but the keeper leagues bring up a new set of scenarios.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Just a question that occurred in my mind as i was setting my lineup in the keeper league this morning. In a keeper league is it acceptable in some cases to start a player on a bye? Sometimes I wonder whether the long term success of the team would be better if I could hold onto a player and take the points hit for that particular week rather than dropping him for someone weaker just so i can have a full lineup.

it's obviously not something I'd do in the normal divisions but the keeper leagues bring up a new set of scenarios.

Any thoughts?

I'd do it in a normal league nevermind a keeper league. The goal is to the win the league, not one single game. In a different league I played Bernard on a bye because I didn't want to drop him or anyone on my bench because my team is balanced really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Got this in offer for julius thomas .

Antonio gates, a first, fourth and fifth for next draft.

I have Zach Ertz and Owen Daniels as my back up tight ends.

I could probably let him go but I'm not sure as I know he will be a star for years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Any thoughts?

I start bye week players in keeper leagues all the time if Im not comfortable dropping guys that I could possibly hang on to down the road

Got this in offer for julius thomas .

Antonio gates, a first, fourth and fifth for next draft.

I have Zach Ertz and Owen Daniels as my back up tight ends.

I could probably let him go but I'm not sure as I know he will be a star for years

Took this offer for gronk.

2nd pick 2015
    1st pick 2016
    2nd pick 2016
    1st pick 2017
    3rd pick 2017

I was just sick of the injuries though.

Took this offer for gronk.

2nd pick 2015
    1st pick 2016
    2nd pick 2016
    1st pick 2017
    3rd pick 2017

I was just sick of the injuries though.

I'd take that for gronk lets you rebuild, the only problem with thomas he can go games without manning looking his way, might try see if i can turn the 4th and 5th into a second rounder for 2016 actually

I'd take that for gronk lets you rebuild, the only problem with thomas he can go games without manning looking his way, might try see if i can turn the 4th and 5th into a second rounder for 2016 actually

Add to that gates being on the way out. Will you get much more than this year? Thomas is a stud. Top 3 player... id be lookin for similar to what I got considering gronks injury history. If you don't get a deal that leaves u happy, so what? You have a stud TE going forward.
    Every te has quite games

Add to that gates being on the way out. Will you get much more than this year? Thomas is a stud. Top 3 player... id be lookin for similar to what I got considering gronks injury history. If you don't get a deal that leaves u happy, so what? You have a stud TE going forward.
    Every te has quite games

quite games is one thing but 3 in a row! plus i think ertz will become a stud if he can get into a programme that throws to TE's and have daniels with ravens, ah i counter offered we'll see!

• Advertisement

Pierre garcon over golden tate. Anyone? OBJ and bryant too

Advertisement