Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,546 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Take a bow Miskella. What a wonderful moment for him and Ballincollig.
    Ft 1-07 v0-10

Stacks played like a basketball teamin the last 10 mins with their possession game rather than going for a score.

Et will be interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

A game of football is so easy to analyse imo or hurling, see what in front your eyes god thank you for giving us two eyes but you must use them

On that point superb accoladearion and credit must be heaped on Micheal o brien Ballincollig manager getting match up correct with donaghy

I called for o donoughue on jennings, I was spot on, he had. A superb game,on the star, superb game. This was no surprise to me in donoughue deserves was man for him
    If star again goes midfield next day put a swarm bodies at midfield, crowd him as like I said Austin stacks forwards aren't great and that's why play keep ball,if Ballincollig kept tempo up they would won

Lesson next day its limited Austin stacks, play at temp, Kelly at eleven kiely at 15 with john at seven they will win
    They don't do this they will loose that simple.
    Fair play Tg4 showing it,nice to be able watch it TV than go it for a change and make journey to kerry.

Jennings was fine on centre back as a good club player he was didn't have to mark intercounty elite standard

What we learned Is two fold, is that and correctly so o brien didn't rate jennings HighEly enough to allow him on donaghy but did with o donoughue

So cuthbhert you would hope to think can realise this and like I said before jennimgs is not intercounty but o donoughue showed today he could be and in ideal stopper sweeper system I'd try him as a holding midfielder I'n at centre back to help shore up the middle and use he's strength and football awareness stop attackers flooding the central lines with runners.

Cian Kiely still corn u mhuire showed how great he will be,the cork minor, was brilliant had total disregard for kerry football reputation.

Sullivan I said wasn't up to intercounty and today before he was subbed was poor yet another one of cuthbherts baffling calls he is considering him for the cork panel

Paddy Kelly had a fine game so much work rate creativity and super goal in ist half but in the second was not great in full forward for most of the game.

dorgan good game starter 21 while Galvin just back from states this week hard a fine game
    Dorgan got no fast ball in second half though.

Durrant was okay tracked hard but offered no link play no creativity and o rourke Is miles better than him hopefully today's game will dismiss the bandwagons hype this lad is intercounty, no no no no, fine club player not remotely close to this level and I don't see fitzmaurice calling him

Cork must not do an irish rubgy Michael bent mistakes he's new Zealand blood ah he can prop
    So durrant is kerry hes a Paul Galvin or kerry forward star
    There are you know average players just good at club in kerry too among all the great great I mean truly great kerry legends of the game

Ballincollig never truly belived they could win they had organisinstion yes , game plan yes but never stuck to it,but lacked composure, cohesion for about forty minutes to go and won this as they belived Imo hype regards stacks

As time and again they kept after big lead lead passing slow methodical backward disgusting football back and forth, Akin to wonderful fast open tempo normally play at and they clearly belived bookies hype as Austin stacks imo overrated and they can be beaten in cork once Ballincollig forget reputation kerry football realise they have better team once play at tempo

Today even though played poorly I will give them benefit doubts as this was first time in munster so they were naive but thus game will bring them on hughely and imo more scope for improvement

I had like faith like I said in o brien today simply as I said he gave me every reason to and reason not to and today he done good in o donoughue v donaghy but he made wrong call paddy Kelly in full forward second half, your best playmaker you must at all times get him on the ball as much as possible

Goid day for cork football and Ballincollig in didn't loose to kerry team in kerry and credit to all even though played poorly salvaged draw and they can and will imo win the replay but must believe there good enough to.
    Whatever happens here on, they in ist year done cork proud unlike sarsfields four attempts couldn't even make a final.
    Miskella superb point, and stood up when need was greatest but legs are gone imo must be put half back next day in direct swap cian Kiely who has played forwards before and imo would have pace and energy to do Miskella role while john's composure expierence and football intelligece would shore up the middle.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,546 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Can't understand the logic of leaving the team on the pitch between the end of the game and the start of extra time. They should have went in and sat down. They needed to recharge the batteries not stay standing.
    No score in the first half but Stacks score 3.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Some wayward kickouts has allowed Stacks back into it. Needs a few shorter kickouts to maintain possession.
    Losing O'Sullivan in midfield didn't help. Donaghy going to midfield helped Stacks
    Ht they still lead 1-04v 0-06.
    All to play for.
    What happened was Ballincollig went completely in to their shell, suffered old cork pro type confidence problem in beating kerry teams in kerry bar u21 and started doing couninhan type game pass ball via backward hand pass and slowed game down too too much

It had nothing at all to do with sullivan loss or goal keeper, every time they attacked they froze In no one wanted shot bar Miskella and they allowed sloppy stale ethos come in to the game when this team has to play at tempo and Kelly not being central certainly did not help matters

Huge lesson today for baincollig and indeed cork football as we can rule out durrant, sullivan, jennings and realise o donoughue, both kielys and Galvin and Kelly are only ones cork standard

Can't understand the logic of leaving the team on the pitch between the end of the game and the start of extra time. They should have went in and sat down. They needed to recharge the batteries not stay standing.
    No score in the first half but Stacks score 3.

Jesus I though was replay went over for rubgy.

• Advertisement

Ft Ballincollig 1-09 V 0-15 Stacks

6 mins to go and Stacks were 4 points up. They correctly went down to 14 at that point as a result of a black card and the fact they had used all their subs.

Collig got 2 fast points but to no avail.

They can be very proud of their performance in Kerry today.

With a bit more of the rub of the green they could have won.
    A proper rest at full time would have helped also.

This was very winnable game, Ballincollig left it after themselves.
    Ist time in munster you would excuse them to a point but still golden chance lost.
    No way this Austin stacks team win all Ireland.

I'm sorry but I'm not agree with rub green, luck lark

They were in full control game and allowed Stacks play game at their pace was in truth a snails pace and stack then picked them off at will in ist hour.

But I do agree proud efforts simply as ist year in it but next time can't rest that laurel must push on.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭sean mac

paddy Kelly very poor in second half and extra time, agree with ttm, durrant wouldn't be near a cork team except his Kerry minor. miskella excellent as ever but disappointing for collig had an opportunity to do well here, typical cork team waisted huge amount of possession

sean mac wrote: »
    paddy Kelly very poor in second half and extra time, agree with ttm, durrant wouldn't be near a cork team except his Kerry minor. miskella excellent as ever but disappointing for collig had an opportunity to do well here, typical cork team waisted huge amount of possession
    Sean they belived hype v kerry and played style football that was disgusting and horrid to watch like Counihan days

Agree Kelly poor second half but it's unlogic play him in full forward line

As for durrant never was remotely close to it but as with cussen, canty, Hayes, sullivan, jennings, john mcloughlin last year with Andrew sullivan is likely to fit cork management assessment players as imo they don't have any idea how to rate an intercounty player Sean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Breadandbutter

Good counsel beat athenry 2-17 to 1-17in the schools semi final . In the all ireland semi u16 to play midelton in the all ireland final but are a very good team, but won against 14 men in which  hickey athenry left half back was sent off after 15 minutes
    Quite surprisingly to see good few cork men in crowd,just shows if hurling game on that's good cork will watch it,cork hurling fans always like a good school game and midelton playing them next added to the interest you would think

Huge bonus to good counsel the sending off influence became in Evan Niland clarinbridge at just 15,a Galway minor panelists this year certain be this year if not starting imo, he got 1-12 in scores, bout one six from play but the sending off allowed him be double marked in which Cathal o connor at corner back played the sweeper role outstanding well for good counsel.

From being behind 1-5 to just one point prior to the sending off, the dynamic of the game changed hugely as you would naturally and realistically expect after that as such that both sides were level at half time one nine a piece
    They did get a man sent off themselves with around six minutes to go but they already had a four point lead at that stage.

Also they beat a Galway side with two u14 lad's one at centre back, one as a forward with a few u14 on the panel so it was a very young team they beat but majority athenry were made up of clarinbridge players who are strong in Galway underage.

Conor walsh athenry gave a brilliant display at centre back would prove if your good enough you can play at a young age at dean ryan and imo aron walsh Barry for midelton I would be considering as a sub if needs be the next day as captain of rice winners this year he is a brilliant player and could do a job if required.

So while good counsel were very good in which 8 different players scored from play which shows their strengths, they certainly can be beaten and two kilkenny players in particular will certainly to need be watched in which they are major influences for their team.

Midelton Must get at least five crucial match ups corrrect imo, that they can win it but they will have to be have on the top of their game as this is a well coached very good team under Declan wall and paduric Cullen and this management made numerous positions in mid game that helped them also which shows they can read and adapt crucially to a game in flow imo

The final Is in two weeks likely in Waterford, Id guess dungarvan etc very likely a Waterford venue I'd imagine given the geographical location of both teams but then again you cant be sure as ard scoil v midelton was in Cashel last year

They have a Panel of 34, they are very strong,they won the football last year u16 all ireland and Their injured captain may be back so there formidable opponent most definitely but at same time not unbeatable.
    This game was moved from templemore and played on astro turf so it facilitated a high scoring fast flowing game as unlike grass their was naturally no water logging

The shame for both teams in the final is its unlikely that they will play astro turf again its likely to be on grass Which means if there is heavy rain then it will affect ground conditions.

Imo this being a final this game should be played in carrignore in wit where astro turf ptich all weather Is present.
    Both teams deserve a surface that will do their hurling talents justice.

Good news regards dayne lee, a poster said he joined cork panel if true, it's welcome news but imo Sean Hayes must be added also and groomed for cork panel down the line as also a core of other promising youngsters won't have much games at u21 and it's down to jbm to bring them to senior and groom for two or three years and save the day as u 21 is unikely to do that imo

a city club are looking for a manager and are looking outside county apparently even imo they don't need to.
    imo they shouldn't do what barrs done, for example yes they had the right idea with a long term plan but going up to kilkenny to seek guidance on creating such a long term plan Is fine but when plenty of their own men or cork men could have told them what they needed to do to correct their many wrongs imo it would have sufficed.
    It's fine to go outside the county but you should avail of the scources within where at all possible.

The minor job imo in cork is huge concern if landers goes and I doubt very much some will be happy and imo rightly so he the leaving minors with one year left in the concerns over loosing momentum.

It leaves a massive void to fill.
    I don't think he's loss to the set up can in the slightest bit be underestimated imo.
    I'd be hugely worried for them and they have to have get the next appointment right for a replacement for landers if indeed he does go imo.

No one seems to know who is in the running for intermediate manager
    Let's hope they get it right.
    Minors, u21, seniors, and the intermediate teams could all have key coaches in 2015 with huge concerns imo in senior coach totally unproven at this level,21 likely set up no real proven success, the minor and intermediate if wrong appointments are made which leaves cork heavy reliant on college hurling to bail them out again and as proven as much as it hugely helped Cork it isn't enough, cork needs more structure to stand on, a table can't stand on legs, it needs support of all four legs for reliable sustainability ,cork are the same imo it needs all four, it needs the support of minor, senior, intermediate and u21 to
    become a sustainable real force in cork hurling in the future again.

Eddie Gunning was injured and missing for a lot prepartion and while he was fit in the end he had missed large part of the preparation also in hallorans case who would you have dropped from the forwards that started.
    It's important to remember cork were playing to a particularly system also.
    Also it seems city lad's here are keeping one argument going but when it comes to others no consistency for example Alec luttrel would have been in strong contention but again had suffered foot injury so he misses key prepartion.
    He's a real talent.
    Nobody seems to thinks he got a raw deal, oh as he's not from the city.No mention. He didn't get a raw deal, was injured for a while.
    Paul lepold also etc,many more included.

Simple fact is landers and Ring and martin a glen selector all had consistency in their selections all year long.

Five of lee, kinery, kingston, meade, casey had harty cup expierence so when it came to very close calls harty cup was going to get the edge plus casey and meade were trackers from a forward something halloran is not in that he is an out an out scoring forward line

And in Bourke and cian walsh case in the full back line both had been starting senior championship either intermediate or senior for club where the expierence at harty cup was yes missing they still filled that void to a degree ,but o brien had harty cup expierence with midelton cbs.

Yes if gunning was fully fit he would have made it with proper game time but based on that cian walsh, Bourke, o brien were better calls to start taking all in to consideration imo.

I'd have used gunning as a sub but at the same time David doolin senior glen this year like gunning at club had a fine game replacing o brien when he came on to be fair to him.Doolin had an outstanding year at corner for the glen so the selection justified great call by minors in they saw this lad had massive potential.

Kingston, kinery,lee, Sean Hayes were undroppable as forwards.
    Meade is better at midfield but was in there to do a job in half forward in a tracking role and casey was in there to simply crowd midfield not play as a out forward and cork knew limerick were very strong in the middle third extremely strong in fact.

John Good didn't have great game and had be subbed after being a sub himself but he was there to do casey role in listed as a forward but not playing like the normal orthodox role, where as the majestic halloran is a pure forward but can't do that tracking role and cork had no choice but to set up with essentially four main scoring forwards as if they went in a shootout with limerick they would have lost so that's why halloran wasn't brought on for good imo and that's why john looney did come on next and had a great game.

Four real ace shooters we say in scoring wise say were kingston, lee, kinery, Hayes, three all had harty cup and were flying where's in halloran didn't have harty cup so in tight calls was likely loose out on that basis imo.

Also Hayes one of the four that did not  have harty cup expierence but he had played senior championship with avondu v ucc having a blinder something halloran at senior hadn't yet done.

Having played u21 parts this year at club and also munster with old christians while it's not harty cup he imo will be better position this year and will be automatic starter.
    I don't believe it had anything to do with bias against city clubs last year in any call.
    No one can prove that conclusively if so list clear clear I mean clear examples.
    It will be rather difficult as Imo they are simply No examples of such bias with this year minors selection imo.
    What I found truly amazing, was a cork did question why one cork minor didn't get a game when they felt he could have where as the U21 management were not questioned once despite an appalling shambolic defeat to clare and like wise under ger Fitzgerald he had this immunity from criticism despite woeful team selections and appalling tactics and organisation of teams in hes four years as manager Just winning around two games against top counties which was a truly truly dismal statistic for cork u21 hurling.
    You wan to see club favouritism look no further than 2011 munster u21 final, Seamus harnedy on the bench, in 80 minutes couldn't get a second of game time, but midelton haughney was a from the same club as ger, worse still lehane who was clearly not fully right for this game was taken off, correct call but then readded again and haughney was appalling overlooked when he could have been a replacement twice and he was well on the radar at that stage as even Denis walsh had him in cork development trial gam v lit in cork in which he was outstanding against davy fitzgerald lit and on cork intermediate scene also.
    People say harnedy developed late as an excuse he didn't play , yes he did but at the same time he had more than enough talent to start for cork u21 team at least as a sub in a game crying out for physical toughness in he's hurling and games would have developed him.

Ring has imperious record in the game, just look at Fermoy, countless other club success, Colmans, cork minors in past yet some have the need to mention he does calls against city in close calls. I can go through every club or team he coached or school if anybody wants me to.
    Complete rubbish imo,even hint club bias.

No body questioned calls previous minor set up, Sean Hayes should of started for cork minors last year,overlooked but for ring and landers he wouldn't got a game.

This year Kingston, lee, Hayes had brilliant games so justified selection, kinery is better half forward yes but I though he had a good game against paddy loughlin and it was a close decision you make arguments for both.
    Wasn't Imo clear cut raw deals

So raw deal assessment is way way way off the mark,,and if some actually study it realistically and closely you will find in these calls were very close and like the gunning case the calls were close calls based on real judgement influenced by circumstances in case of injury etc than any raw deals perception of the matter matter makes out to actually What happened imo.
    Raw s deals such utter utter complete nonense in all fairness and anybody barks that tree clearly imo hasn't any idea what there talking about with the greatest of respect.

Just to say this in advance the team next year will have many close calls imo based on competition there so once it's same management you can categorically imo rule out any club bias but don't you know it will cause some critsim here which is fine but leave club bias nonense out of it as ring doesn't do such rubbish imo.

Go through every team Denis ring ever coached cork or Colmans and there was no club bias at all at all in fact ring gives lad's clubs chance wouldn't get a sniff under previous reigns despite talent justifying they get game time.

Landers like wise imo hasn't done club bias in u17 or u16 squads he was involved in which they were all very successful with the u16 in 2012 going down by two points to all ireland champions limerick at that grade with the bulk of that team involved in this year year minors with limerick.

In relation to the club scene
    What you would hope to see done today is every cork management set up go knowlan park and watch intensity the senior finals and physicality and compare it to the shambles in cork club scene today

Ballincollig imo have great chance to beat Austin stacks I'd think they can win it and I will go for them
    If there beaten it won't be like sarsfields in the hurling in its their ist time in this munster in kerry notorious hard win games football but jenninags, Miskella, Kelly, kiely they have warrior to do it with Galvin also and donoughue.
    Big game for George durrant, in lot cork people feel is a prospect for cork, I dont, today is the chance to prove otherwise in good simply won't do,he must imo have a brilliant game to be considered better than o rourke, collins, Kelly,Brian o driscoll, possibly James loughrey in half forward tracker back role.
    I don't rate colm o driscoll much as a player but id have him over durrant.
    Durrant had one good season but the hype machine has gone way in to over drive just as he is kerry.
    A fine club player but lot more to do to show he's better than what we currently have.

Who marks donaghy
    I'd worry bout jennings on him, I'd have donoughue drop back on him with jennimgs to centre back and with Kelly dropping back deep to launch counter attacks donoughue loss at six is negated, as in its simple donaghy must be Marked

Also I'd have golden rule in don't over commit on him, stand off him if needs be but swarm him when In possession, in don't let him shoot as unlike kerry forwards I don't believe rest this full forward line are anything really Unmarkable

Ballincollig need to believe they can win it and not be beaten before a ball is kicked
    Good management do that and so far management have done all asked of them.

Sometimes I just can't follow your train of thought - you're inclined to ramble

Your inclined to state things as ' fact' when actually it 'just your opinion'

If I don't agree with you it means I have a different opinion and opposed to being wrong

This is a forum as opposed to your blog

I stand over my points

If Alec Luttrel was fit and available to play he certainly would have been as asset to team - I was disappointed he didn't make cut

• Advertisement

sean mac wrote: »

Miskella some man

Disappointing

It had nothing at all to do with sullivan loss or goal keeper, every time they attacked they froze In no one wanted shot bar Miskella and they allowed sloppy stale ethos come in to the game when this team has to play at tempo and Kelly not being central certainly did not help matters

Huge lesson today for baincollig and indeed cork football as we can rule out durrant, sullivan, jennings and realise o donoughue, both kielys and Galvin and Kelly are only ones cork standard

It had everything to do with it. Donaghy moved to midfield....they won 7 out of the next 9 Ballincollig kickouts I think, giving them possession and they scored 5 points in a row.
    How that has nothing to do with it is beyond me!
    That coincided with Ballincollig losing one of their midfielders. At no point did thecollig keeper vary his kickouts. I don't think he went short once. You don't keep pounding the ball down onto their best player!

Getting the rub of the green is always important in a very tight game like this. Matches are often won by a bit of luck. I think Stacks got it and took full advantage of it. Ballincollig certainly made mistakes, as did Stacks, but they needed a little more fire power up front, and it showed in the end.

If I don't agree with you it means I have a different opinion and opposed to being wrong

I stand over my points

If Alec Luttrel was fit and available to play he certainly would have been as asset to team - I was disappointed he didn't make cut

Look lad i had this before just cause I blow some rubbish out as rubbish my style writing is attacked

Thank full you don't speak for forum here and majority posters here I would take a guess and appreciate my insights, most what I say is fact when do give opinion I back it up but your goodself is real real wonderful in some fan to give opinion fair enough but that's all you seen to do, no great insight in to matches, or reports etc

Now if you can do better sir by all means work away. Cheers

You can stick point debate points clear made in my post by all means do so regards this city bias but you won't be able to sir simply as myself and other poster showed your perception yes an opinion fair enough is actually way way way off the mark

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JimmyD85

Cork are terrible.

It had everything to do with it. Donaghy moved to midfield....they won 7 out of the next 9 Ballincollig kickouts I think, giving them possession and they scored 5 points in a row.
    How that has nothing to do with it is beyond me!
    That coincided with Ballincollig losing one of their midfielders. At no point did thecollig keeper vary his kickouts. I don't think he went short once. You don't keep pounding the ball down onto their best player!

Getting the rub of the green is always important in a very tight game like this. Matches are often won by a bit of luck. I think Stacks got it and took full advantage of it. Ballincollig certainly made mistakes, as did Stacks, but they needed a little more fire power up front, and it showed in the end.

Very valid points but I don't believe sullivan could marked donaghy and he imo no loss, yes donaghy had huge influence but they should crowd midfield

There was no excuse when they did get ball slow methodical build up when all this year they played with brilliant pace, temp and cohesion.

I stand over my points

You made a statement did you not in two players got a raw deal in not playing for cork implying it was they were city players

I clearly proving this was completely rubbish with respect of course to your opinion

JimmyD85 wrote: »
    Cork are terrible.

Ah Jimmy.....your opinion is very important to me....please call again!!

Look lad i had this before just cause I blow some rubbish out as rubbish my style writing is attacked

Thank full you don't speak for forum here and majority posters here I would take a guess and appreciate my insights, most what I say is fact when do give opinion I back it up but your goodself is real real wonderful in some fan to give opinion fair enough but that's all you seen to do, no great insight in to matches, or reports etc

You can stick point debate points clear made in my post by all means do so regards this city bias but you won't be able to sir simply as myself and other poster showed your perception yes an opinion fair enough is actually way way way off the mark

I've no problem with people hving a differnt opinion to me

I'm not so arrogant as to spew my opinions all over the place declaring them as fact and incredible insight

Get over yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭zetecescort

Hard fought win for Mourneabbey, 1-14 to 0-15. Playing Termon of Donegal on the 30th.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭wackokid

Good old spat there between two good GAA men, and if youz aren't careful the BLACK card will be out. lol
    Haven't watched the recorded version yet but left before the extra time as it was disgusting stuff to watch, mainly the Stacks basketball handpassing. If that's Kerry football, they can have it.
    My initial reaction points the finger at Ballincollig keeper Lordan whose kick outs are worse that O Hallorans. How any keeper would kick the feckin ball all day straight to the Star in mid field beats me and they deserved to lose on that stat alone. Him being captain only adds vomit to the story. God be with Billy Morgan and John Kerins.
    It's just another reflection on Cork football and lack of cuteness when in possession. I couldn't but notice the hordes of Ballincollig juveniles on the way in, and all carrying hurleys. Unlikely they were playing a friendly with the Tralee natives so for me it was just another sign that hurling will always be the No 1 game in most of county Cork.
    Stacks are a limited football team and won't go much further IMHO and don't get me started on Rory Hickey the ref.

• Advertisement

I've no problem with people hving a differnt opinion to me

I'm not so arrogant as to spew my opinions all over the place declaring them as fact and incredible insight

Get over yourself
    There's a remarkable difference sport between justifiably confidence in a knowledge than arrorgance with out creditability

Of course I'm wrong at times but
    I would just my opinion of course would think actually belive I'm seldom way of the mark as proven times and again majority times in my posts

Now I admire your enthusiasm and energy, I'm a huge huge fan of it all my point is was simply as proven by clear examples the two playersyou mentioned did not get raw deals

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JimmyD85

Ah Jimmy.....your opinion is very important to me....please call again!!

Grand. I'll call back in a while so.

There's a remarkable difference sport between justifiably confidence in a knowledge than arrorgance with out creditability

Of course I'm wrong at times but
    I would just my opinion of course would think actually belive I'm seldom way of the mark as proven times and again majority times in my posts

Now I admire your enthusiasm and energy, I'm a huge huge fan of it all my point is was simply as proven by clear examples the two playersyou mentioned did not get raw deals

Leave man good at it so I'll you

Thanks good and luck

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Swoosh

O'Donoughue likely to have bolstered his profile sufficiently today in his handling of Star to get himself a concerted run in the Cork team next spring

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭roshje

JimmyD85 wrote: »
    Cork are terrible.

Don't be so subtle,elaborate a bit

O. Donoughue totally deserves a chance in mcgrath cup and league, in he could improve further with top games however it would be unwise and unrealistic not to worry could he be hindered in entering a team lacking spirit, and cohesion and game plan and a one poorly coached

I totally agree slingerz must get game time

Himself, Kelly, Galvin and two kielys are cork standard

Jennings, durrant, and lordan and sullivan proved today there not up to elite cork standard but yes very good club players in their own right and will be key key players for the club next year

Donoughue I'd slightly worry lack pace but in sweeper as a holder in centre back could be just what cork needs and it provides cover and should prevent shields moving out from full back to half back line as that would be a dissaster for cork full back line

Sean kiely terrific prospect needs to work on decision making and use of possession but good coaching would develop him

Cian Kiely playing schools is super talent, training senior should be held off for league as he has schools and u21 etc and in time will be at senior but cork having a depth of half back talent at present don't need to need to rush him

Today was a harrowing lesson learned for Ballincollig in munster but ist time out in it they done cork proud and themselves and must push on next few years as their is more in the group and next time in munster will hopefully learn from today

Galvin Is automatic starter for cork imo while Kelly must be in central role.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭zetecescort

Congrats also to Ballydesmonds Catriona Casey and Mallows Killian Carroll on winning the Irish national handball.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭banger01

Leave man good at it so I'll you

Thanks good and luck

Brilliant !!!!!!!!! ):

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Gary Neville

I agree 100% TTM.

Everyone has their own style of writing but I judge posters by the points they make and not how they make them. Your knowledge and enthusiasm for Cork GAA is remarkable and is a major plus for this thread. You always support your opinions by solid facts.

Keep the qualitys posts coming and don't be influenced by people that criticise your writing style which IMO is fine.

• Advertisement

Cork u21 panelfootball training bones panel is

Kevin flahive, michael Martin,Kevin Davis, Sean white, Brian o driscoll Kevin crowley darly Murphy cian Kiely,kieron histon Killan o connor ryan harkin,O mahony clonkaiktly a full forward, Donovan Nemo, Michael hurley, Cian dorgan,Sean donoughue Ballincollig school captain inniscarra, hurler minors also are in trials.
    There's others also when I know full list I will post

Football minors around 22 in training, in barrs weekend playing trial weekend a v b etc
    Adam finegan, David lowney, David griifin, kingston,chizebde obozgende, conor cahalane, Evan Ryle, could go hurling alone, Sean powter, Ross mannix, Daniel dinneen,tim foley etc I think
    I heard full panel but I was out when told so couldn't remember all, I'll post it again

Anybody wants know good counsel panel play midelton two weeks all ireland final can post it also.
    Newtonshandrum apparently looking for coach in liam ryan will not be staying on second year.
    Brilliant coach.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement