Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

You Nostalgia, you lose - *Don't Quote the pictures!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Ah I remember Neil Buchanan from Finders Keepers. I always wanted to go on that show along with Fun House and Pat Sharp (a whole lot of fun, prizes to be won...) Really really really wanted a go on those go-karts

Finders_keepers_house.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Marvel_Heroes.gif

Marvel_Villians.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Wyrn, I know how you feel!
    Fun House was the ****! :D Used to love it when the contestants got slimed!
    Anyone here remember Care Bears and the original My Little Pony?
    Also, Happy Meal toys from McDonald's were of far superior quality back in the 90s- myself and my mother built up quite an impressive collection of them over the years along with some of the better stuff found inside the occasional Kinder egg. for years, I used to beg my parents to get me the Kinder Easter Egg but I never got it. :( That said, I used to love collecting the free mugs that came with certain egg brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Psion Organiser:
    Psion_Organiser_II_-_270404_-_Modified.jpg

My brother had one. Was pretty rubbish really. I was just disappointed it didn't have any games on it. :-)

Wing Commander:
    wing-commander-redux-20090130032212245-000.jpg

Played this for hours and hours and hours when I was supposed to be studying for my Leaving. Actually played WC2 around this time, but both apply.

Baggy "madchester" jeans / clothes:
    reni2.jpg

Back in the late 80s / early 90s people wore clothes that were at least three sizes too big for them. All I wanted at the time were big baggy jeans like The Stone Roses wore, but could never get them. Eventually Road Jeans were available here but by then it was too late.

Original iPod:
    ipod-second-generation.jpg

I know it wasn't that long ago (I got mine 10 years ago mind you) but there was just something about the white ipod, with the blue screen and red buttons. It looked and felt amazing. The new ones are better I suppose with the full colour screens for your artwork, but this one has a beautiful look. Its a pity you can't get white ones anymore.

Thursday 7pm BBC1:
    Top_of_the_Pops.png

No matter who you were or what you did, you watched Top of the Pops. There'd always be one "outrageous" rock band on that would make your parents roll their eyes. In many cases the only time you got to see music videos or "live" (mimed) performances of your favourite groups was on TOTP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

wyrn wrote: »
    Really really really wanted a go on those go-karts

I really really really wanted a go on those twins!

Funhouse_09.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

kfallon wrote: »
    School holidays was all about staying up til all hours watching rubbish like Prisoner Cell Block H!

Haha ah brilliant, I had actually forgotten about doing that and actually getting really into it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I really really really wanted a go on those twins!

Funhouse_09.jpg

I see you and raise you:

Look-right-down-any-crowded-hall-sweet-valley-high-show-17025208-650-450.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

tomy.jpg

talkboy-fnd-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

<<<snip>>>

This is the original iPod :)

xl_diamond_multimedia.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

<<<snip>>>
    This was my first iPod -
    3366946.jpg

It was BIG

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

My first MP3 player.

111437-iriver-h10-20gb.jpg?thumb=y

Remember one lad in school slaggin' me off for not owning an Apple MP3 player, then a while later he was all annoyed about running out of battery on a school trip, so I offered him one of my iriver spares.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,006 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

<<<snip>>>

I had 2 of them bad boys.....wait, I still do somewhere. Blew the ipod out of the water on sound alone never mind the features!
    Awesome unintentional retro Russian styling on the H120. :p

IMG_7153.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Lads, give over with the pic quoting will yis, it looks sh1te!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭VirtualNemesis

My first PS1 game. Played and played and played for years

Die_Hard_Trilogy_Coverart.png

Die_Hard_Trilogy_-_Die_Hard.jpg

9028_full.jpeg

271149-diehard_004.jpg

And my first game on Commodore 64..Terminator 2. when i seen this on the floor under the tree Christmas tree i think i peed myself a little. it was the best Christmas ever

http://retroport.de/resources/Terminator_Edition_C64_1_Retroport+$28Large$29.jpg

terminator_2_judgement_day_01.png

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/aPQHGewytiU/maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

626?$main$

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

The original GTA in all its glory!!! One of my favorite PC games.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Loved this game on the Amiga :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Grand Theft Auto was for Wussies. The real deal? Carmageddon:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭VirtualNemesis

Still my farourite Resident evil game and possible my favourite game of all time
    NTSC_Resident_Evil_2_Cover.png

resident-evil-2-psx-05.jpg

And the best batman for me

Batman_ver2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I lost days to playing this. Still a life dream to have a cabinet at home of it.

7467657_2.jpg?v=8C9F654E62908C0

gfs_37092_2_21.jpg

"Bury me with my...money"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭sephir0th

70p!!! WTF

At 50p, Cornettos were well out of my price range. Much more strategic ways to spend 50p.

PaQUpJ4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Loop the loops bargain at 20p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Wouldnt get away with a "golly bar" these days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Were Tangle Twisters renamed Twisters at some point? I'm sure it says Twisters on the new boxes, and I had an argument with a friend that they used to be Tangle Twisters but she wouldn't believe me. She maintained they had always been known as Twisters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Were Tangle Twisters renamed Twisters at some point? I'm sure it says Twisters on the new boxes, and I had an argument with a friend that they used to be Tangle Twisters but she wouldn't believe me. She maintained they had always been known as Twisters.

Tangle twisters in my house!

Here's an in depth discussion on the topic..

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055552906

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

There's a glaring omission on that ice cream menu!

hb_fat_frog_b.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

funny-pictures-get-of-the-phone-internet.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

^^^^
    A 'house phone'... that's something itself that's probably alien now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

^^^^

Eircom 25, 25 hours a MONTH of blistering 52kbps speed. Only after 6pm and on weekends of course!

Can't remember the cap, probably something ridiculous as well.

*Posted on my 60+mbps connection, gotta love progress :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

GAAman wrote: »
    ^^^^

Eircom 25, 25 hours a MONTH of blistering 52kbps speed. Only after 6pm and on weekends of course!

Can't remember the cap, probably something ridiculous as well.

*Posted on my 60+mbps connection, gotta love progress :D

Pfff, Oceanfree with it's special internet number which meant that you got 5 minutes per unit rather than 3 minutes for the local number. Then there was IOL Unlimited access, streaming radio at night was epic.

BTW, 52kbps, could never get that, mid to high 40s are the best you could hope for, was good enough to play Unreal Tournament though.

Advertisement