Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Ads 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

The Christmas ads are finally starting! This is really cute.

Nicely done :-) hadn't seen that yet but I'm soooo excited that Christmas ads are starting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I've just seen the Littlewoods Ireland Christmas ad. I can't find it online yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭cailinardthair

Debenhams ad this year

That's a great ad. I'd say those kids had so much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭shelly22

That is a lovely ad, getting me into the Christmas mood ��
    I wonder when the John Lewis one will be out

• Advertisement

It says here yhe John Lewis ad is out on Thursday

http://www.cityam.com/1415067004/high-street-groups-gear-bumper-christmas

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

You should have put a NSFW on that!! I'm nearly after bawling at my desk :o

So cute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

The John Lewis one is fab - it made me cry though lol, had to pretend I was getting something out of my bag under the desk so no one would see haha!! I'm a big sap

It's an amazing ad once again from John Lewis - can't wait for it to just spontaneously come on TV and burst into tears :o:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

My daughter is going to love that ad (she's 20 :) & loves christmas,i honestly don't know where she gets it :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

The little twist at the end makes it especially for the second and subsequent viewings. Up to then I was thinking too much non-Christmas and the animal rights people will go nuts over John Lewis promoting the trafficking of penguins as pets. Then bang, right at the end the whole ad makes sense and does bring a tear to your eye on a second viewing. I think we have another classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Love this ad! Gemma Hayes is perfect for this kind of thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I've just shed my first Christmas tear the John Lewis ad is a classic, my OH says why are you crying when you love Christmas so much lol!!

I really like the Aldi UK one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ads on TV were always a part of the run up to Christmas for me.

As somebody now living abroad where Christmas is more of a curiosity than a celebration, don't underestimate the power of this thread for somebody like me. Especially when I can click a few buttons and have the add displayed on my TV (thanks Chromecast).

Freaking the wife out here. :D

M&S have put their ad on their FB page.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Here is Asda's to add to the list :)

• Advertisement

Coca Cola

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Well I wasn't expecting that Coca Cola Ad to be so sweet! :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

The Waitrose ad isn't the best IMO.

Boots

Argos...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

John Lewis ad
    Oh, I love it! Welling up a bit here! Poor little penguin.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

leahyl wrote: »

Oh god I love it, I am in tears. The song is beautiful too. Anyone know the artist?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭minipink

The coke christmas ad was on the xfactor ITV not UTV version tonight. My sister works in marketing so they got a sneak preview of some of the ads on some marketing people website so I had a peek over her shoulder last week. I love the coke one but can't wait for Holidays are Coming version of coke. It's almost as good as the kelloggs 'hohoho' one. I'm already getting a bit tired of marks and spenders one and I'm not a big tv watcher, i think its a bit too long

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

eviltwin wrote: »
    Oh god I love it, I am in tears. The song is beautiful too. Anyone know the artist?

John Lennon tune covered by Tom Odell

• Advertisement

Tesco :D

Advertisement