Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One plus one owners thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Glad you got it sorted. How are you finding the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

digitaldr wrote: »
    Glad you got it sorted. How are you finding the phone?

I bought the phone primarily for the camera and to use the gps in the car. Camera is pretty good and have taken some decent shots with it so far.

Have not have a chance yet to do anything with gps

Phone is very high quality and fluid. Dont think it is overly big as some were commenting.

I'll use it more and see how it goes. Happy so far. Battery life very good

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

The camera really is superb. Its interesting to be able to save the raw files and be able to see the difference in what you normally get. The amount of settings etc you can play with is unreal! The battery too really is superb can't remember the last time i had a phone that didn't need to be charged nightly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

I got lucky and managed to pick one of these up on adverts yesterday(other gut had it a week), really impressed the quality of everything has blown me away. Any suggestions for things I should do as a new owner? I'm fairly tech savvy although its ages since I rooted anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Sorry, I dont have time to read all the posts here, which provider has the best 4G package at the moment? that will work with the one plus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭sdowling04

My fixed Oneplus one arrived in the parcel motel up the north yesterday at 12pm. How long does it usually take to get down south? I live in Kerry so Tralee is my destination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

sdowling04 wrote: »
    My fixed Oneplus one arrived in the parcel motel up the north yesterday at 12pm. How long does it usually take to get down south? I live in Kerry so Tralee is my destination.

Around 24 hours for me in Cork city.

sdowling04 wrote: »

Mine arrived in Dublin first thing in the morning the day after I got the email from them so it shouldn't be long.

Sorry, I dont have time to read all the posts here, which provider has the best 4G package at the moment? that will work with the one plus.

I doubt anyone is going to have used them all and be able to compare. I use eMobile in Dublin and it works great. I think if you are outside of Dublin you are going to need to look into the coverage more as its not great outside the main population areas with any network I don't think.

From what I've read Vodafone doesn't work on 4G as although they could use one of the opo supported bands they haven't to date.

• Advertisement

I got lucky and managed to pick one of these up on adverts yesterday(other gut had it a week), really impressed the quality of everything has blown me away. Any suggestions for things I should do as a new owner? I'm fairly tech savvy although its ages since I rooted anything!

Cyanogenmod has so many features that I haven't felt the need to root.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

digitaldr wrote: »
    From what I've read Vodafone doesn't work on 4G as although they could use one of the opo supported bands they haven't to date.

This is what I had in my head, It does work on the three network, does it not.
    Has anyone any experience with this. i am out of contract this week and I am looking to get the best out of the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Dazed909

According to the Vodafone rep on another thread the OPO works on Vodafone 4G:

I can't post a URL but if you search for "one plus one compatibility" on boards it's the first result.

Dazed909 wrote: »
    According to the Vodafone rep on another thread the OPO works on Vodafone 4G:

I can't post a URL but if you search for "one plus one compatibility" on boards it's the first result.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057269772/1#post91728877
    Originally posted by Vodafone: Sheena
    Hi there,

Yes our network should work with this device on all the frequencies mentioned, including 4g. However, we cannot provide full support if there are any issues here as the phone was not purchased from a Vodafone Ireland store,

Thanks,

Oh I am having great fun with NFC tags, and this phone. Anyone else using them?

I've got one in the car to turn on bluetooth and maps. One by the front door to turn up ringtone volumes (turns them down again on the way out). One at my desk at work to silence everything and divert to work phone.

And, one by the cooker, to send a text when dinner is ready. *chuckle*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

I've started getting an issue where the coverage drops and I need to reboot to get a signal back.

Mother and sister on same network and have no problems.

Anyone else getting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,394 ✭✭✭irishgeo

pwurple wrote: »

I've got one in the car to turn on bluetooth and maps. One by the front door to turn up ringtone volumes (turns them down again on the way out). One at my desk at work to silence everything and divert to work phone.

does the phone have to be unlocked for them to read in as thats the default on stock android.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

pwurple wrote: »

What NFC tags are you using and what NFC programming app? It's something I'm interested in playing around with.

BenEadir wrote: »
    What NFC tags are you using and what NFC programming app? It's something I'm interested in playing around with.

I'm using some old tags i got ages ago, not sure where they came from, but they are bog standard cheapo ones.

I'm using tagstand writer, trigger and tasker (tasker is the only paid one, you don't need it, it's pretty funky though with what you can configure.).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Are you able to boot it to download mode?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Are you able to boot it to download mode?
    Ignore previous rant.

Backup and running now on XNPH38R with TWRP installed and rooted

When the phone is in my pocket it constantly tries to unlock and hits the emergency dialler. For some reason it only started happening yesterday is there a setting I can change to stop it being so responsive or anything? It had been fine up until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just got a chinese version today, love it so far.

Idiot question time now though, is there any danger of me plugging my 0.7A Samsung charger into the phone until I get an adapter at lunch time? Don't want to be blowing it up on my first day :pac:

And does any adapter work?

Or actually, can I just buy any 2.1A charger and use it? See the blackberry playbook ones recommended earlier in thread

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It should be alright, as when it is plugged into a usb socket on computer there is less current than 1 Amp being drawn. Will take longer to charge though.

For fast charging I'd recommend the blackberry one. , 0.7 amp one should work ok but it'll be slow. AFAIK the phone will only draw the current it needs so using a charger > 2.1 amp should be fine, lower rating one just means slower charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Picked up one of these over the weekend on adverts, looking forward to setting it up over the weekend!

Any Cygenomod must do's?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

naughtb4 wrote: »

Any Cygenomod must do's?

There's loads of good themes for it, some are paid for on the play store but I've found that often there's a free xda version.

I've noticed mine dialing on the emergency keypad when listening to music, haven't noticed it any other time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Picked up one of these over the weekend on adverts, looking forward to setting it up over the weekend!

Any Cygenomod must do's?

Use/enable privacy mode in settings, it restricts default app permissions on install

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What is the emergency keypad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Not really an Cyanognen must do but I can say that perfectly clear is amazing. if you need to take a load of burst shots * 250 * then its worth it for it. It is a premium app though I managed to wangle it, I think using my amazon coins. I could have just bought it though.

Advertisement