Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One plus one owners thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

BenEadir wrote: »
    Just bought one of these which are supposed to work perfectly with the OPO even with a case on it, I'll report back if it does. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JLG0ZD6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Seen lads talking about them on xda. Some of them took them apart and turned the charger thingy around.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

digitaldr wrote: »
    Working fine for me apart from mms which I don't really use anyway. I assume you entered the Tesco mobile APN as per their support pages? Also you need to
    enable data roaming.

I enabled data roaming but i am not sure about the mobile APN. Is this something i need to do manually?

Basically i cannot even make a call on the phone. There is a triangle at the top of the phone and the odd time i seen it go to H or H+

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Seen lads talking about them on xda. Some of them took them apart and turned the charger thingy around.

Apparently the reason this one works perfectly with the OPO is the "USB thingy" (Micro USB port to those of us who are snobby about technical details ;)) is already turned the correct way round for us.

For €15 delivered it is worth a punt. I hate fumbling around late at night trying to get the cable into my OPO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

BenEadir wrote: »
    Apparently the reason this one works perfectly with the OPO is the "USB thingy" (Micro USB port to those of us who are snobby about technical details ;)) is already turned the correct way round for us.

For €15 delivered it is worth a punt. I hate fumbling around late at night trying to get the cable into my OPO.

Found one for £2.50 might take a punt on it myself.

Link
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361062263495

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭xperiaguy

Pre-order opens up next week! According to their website there is "no limit on stock" :D

For anyone who still isn't sure..

http://plentyoftech.net/2014/10/22/oneplus-one-pre-order-on-october-27th-for-just-one-hour/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Lads, just a Cyanogenmod question.

On other Androids, it is possible to cycle all the way through the homescreens, back around again by continually flicking in the same direction, but not on Cyanogen - is there a setting to allow this to be the case.

For example, I've an S3 running stock, and I go screen 1 --> flick --> screen 2 --> flick --> screen 3 --> flick --> screen 4 --> flick --> screen 1

on the oneplus it's

screen 1 --> flick --> screen 2 --> flick --> screen 3 --> flick --> screen 4 --> flick --> dead end

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Sorry can't help you as I use Nova launcher which allows this and is even more flexible than the cm launcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

There doesn't seem to be an option to loop around homescreens like in the Samsungs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

can you not just press the home button * one that looks like a house to go to the first page?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Install nova launcher for the screens.

Although, some of my swipe actions are not running with nova. The torch one works (V), but not the camera (circle) or the music (parallel lines). Anyone else have this?

• Advertisement

Nope all the swipe actions working just fine for me with Nova.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Apex launcher is the exact same solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭davidod1

Certainly in a Nexus 4 and that is vanilla Android; you just come to the end and stop. As suggested above just get the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Yeah on my nexus just stopped. My tablet cycles back to the first page though which is handy.

Might try apex or nova, does it do anything else?

Nova does loads of stuff - custom folders, gestures, icon size and layout adjustment, gestures, transitions etc etc

Seriously thinking about doing that wireless charging upgrade now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Thargor wrote: »

Don't get the fascination with it. It's a gimmick and you don't need it with a battery like the OPO has.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

So was I until I realised once installed it hogs your micro usb port meaning you can no longer charge using a cable and are only able to charge wireless. Or have I misunderstood that?

Im waiting for an engineer to get back to me on this technique:

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-one-wireless-charging-hack-2nd-method.52115/

Im definitely not doing it if it disables the USB obviously as that would end data transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Im waiting for an engineer to get back to me on this technique:

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-one-wireless-charging-hack-2nd-method.52115/

Im definitely not doing it if it disables the USB obviously as that would end data transfer.

(Engineer here)

It looks like it just sits on the pins that are used for charging on the usb connecter. This should not disable any other functionality of the phone. What I would do though is cut the cable on the module and solder it directly to the trace on the pcb if it was accessible but i do not recommend that unless you have soldering skills. You will also need to uncover a trace which is hard enough to fix afterwards too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 allsopman

Need help with setting up a mobile credit with 3 ,keep getting try later any help?

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Found one for £2.50 might take a punt on it myself.

Link
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361062263495

I'm new to AliExpress but I found this for €2.59:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Hot-Desktop-Data-Sync-Charging-Cradle-Dock-Station-for-HTC-New-ONE-M8/1897487097.html

Also I don't think your one will send to Ireland (bit of a deal breaker!).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Anybody use the official aosp ROM? Curious if it's faster and if google camera works properly with it. On CM11s, when the flash is used it does strange things to the picture.

(Engineer here)

It looks like it just sits on the pins that are used for charging on the usb connecter. This should not disable any other functionality of the phone. What I would do though is cut the cable on the module and solder it directly to the trace on the pcb if it was accessible but i do not recommend that unless you have soldering skills. You will also need to uncover a trace which is hard enough to fix afterwards too.
    I soldered a modchip onto the board in a Playstation 2 before, thats the sum total of my electronic engineering experience, it still works though :D

This looks very fiddly though, do you think I could just put a drop of solder on each of those 5 wires going into the top of the USB port in the pic and that would do it? And still retain data transfer/conventional wired charging abilities? Or would that be too weak for the abuse a phone gets?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Hey lads, I'm trying to figure out the cheapest method of getting myself a OPO. So far this is what I've come up with.. Rounding up and a small bit of guess work..

Parcel Motel: Device + Shipping = €350 + Delivery €4 = €354

Mailboxde: Device + Shipping = €310, + Delivery €17 = €327
    (Bring it up to €330 if I end up sending it to Parcel Motel instead of my home address)

Is it worth the hassle of setting up a mailboxde account and whatever comes along with it to save €25?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Hi, quick update on missing phone. ParcelMotel got back to me saying the package arrived damaged to their depot in Belfast. Rang DHL in UK only to be told that they will not deal with me because I am not the supplier. I have opened a ticket with ONEPLUS and also have opened a claim with PayPal.

Anyway, I received an invite and purchased the phone using Royal Mail as delivery. I received the phone the other day, however I have one small problem. I am with 3 and when I go out of network coverage, I can only get G or Edge reception. I have to manually choose "3 Irl" in "Setting > Mobile Networks > Network Operators."
    Is there any way of keeping the 3 Irl settings. The Access point name that is ticked is "3 IE MMS".

3 coverage drops off fairly quickly when you leave a built-up area, the G you see is talk and text only roaming on Vodafone as part of a deal 3 signed with them when they only had coverage in the cities, once you get back to a 3 mast it should switch back to 4G automatically, maybe you're just speeding up the process by telling it to connect to 3 again?

I'll be signing up to 3 business in a few months. Does the opo usually take long to locate a 3 mast once it's out of 4G range. I wonder when the agreement with Vodafone ends will they use the O2 masts now that they own them.

It hasn't been a noticeable problem for me on the OPO at all in the past 6 weeks tbh in fact I had 4g in my bedroom at my parents in the middle of nowhere in Galway about 50km from the galway city 4G area on 3s mast due to line of sight across the bay, dropping to G when I went to the living room on the other side of the house and back to 4g when I went back to the bedroom which is phenomenal performance compared to the nightmare I used to have on 3 with my last 2 phones, an Xperia Play and a Jiayu G3, practically having to turn Aeroplane mode on and off every time I took them out of my pocket, likewise taking a Citylink down to Galway its locking on to 4G whereever it can aswell. On the east coast from Greystones to Bray to Glasnevin Industrial Estate on the Northside I find 4G to be Rock solid, maybe the odd drop to H+ on the road but Im never without network access these days at all.

Just my experience, you always see people having this problem with 3 though, it goes back years and theres always someone complaining on the Talk to 3 board here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭munkee

I see a generally high satisfaction rating on this thread, and yet on the OnePlus forums, there's a certain level of disgruntlement, mainly to do with the yellow tint issue, and the RMA process.

I'm sorely tempted by the spec/price, but I'm being pulled towards the Nexus 5 and/or Moto X by the relative lack of issues and guarantee of easy warranty support. Price is fairly close, particularly for the N5.

Anyone have anything to say in support of the OPO in this regard?

Advertisement