Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,409 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lucha Underground on the El Rey Network with John Morrison, Chavo Guerrero, Ricochet & Matt Cross.

With Matt Striker & Vampiro as commentators and of course with all things Mexican linked Konnan.

Premiere on Wednesday, October 29.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Konnan
    75SNVR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Lucha Underground reminds a little of pro wrestling society x, but I was put right off with the whole "Evil" owner storyline there clearly going to do. So sick of that storyline.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Another video with the Producers:

Seems exciting and different.

Rey Mysterio Backstage at Lucha Underground..
    I’ve been told that WWE Superstar Rey Mysterio was the personal guest of FactoryMade Ventures CEO John Fogelman at the last Lucha Underground TV taping. It was reported last week that Mysterio was present at the tapings, and was taken out to dinner in Beverly Hills after the show, likely to discuss his current situation and post-WWE plans. Furthermore, we’ve been told WWE higher ups were furious when the reports came out that Rey was backstage with a different company.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/516539-rey-mysterio-at-lucha-underground-exclusive

From Wikipedia.
    On January 12, 2014, it was announced that, with the backing of Mark Burnett, AAA would begin airing a show on American network El Rey on the second half of the year. The one-hour weekly program would be accompanied by monthly and quarterly specials as well as live pay-per-views.

Maybe a mod could cut the Lucha underground stuff and give it it's own thread if it goes weekly maybe it will take over from TNA in the states as the number 2 company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Definitely reminds me of Wrestling Society X (which is not a bad thing!) and really like the aesthetics.

Will definitely be checking this out.

If anyone is in Los Angeles on the 18/19th.
    091bac52-435e-11e4-8476-12d6c5238da6.jpg?v=2

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Maybe a mod could cut the Lucha underground stuff and give it it's own thread if it goes weekly maybe it will take over from TNA in the states as the number 2 company.

Lucha is a very niche market in the States. I'll be surprised if it even matches ROH, let alone TNA.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Lucha is a very niche market in the States. I'll be surprised if it even matches ROH, let alone TNA.

I know it's a niche market.

What I will say the guys behind it Mark Burnett, Robert Rodriguez a very very good busness men and are not short of money and the understand the enetertainment world if anyone can pull it off t is both of them.

They know the market they are going after using AAA and Lucha having it Los Angeles with it's huge Latino population. They will then hope to drag in the hard core wrestling fans and expand from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Love the camera above the ring. The heel owner thing is a turn-off alright though.

If you look at how the Lucha Underground is marketing itself compared to Global Force... miles apart. GFW looks so amateur already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Rey Mysterio Backstage at Lucha Underground..

From Wikipedia.

Konan and Rey are friends and they want him in AAA but because Rey's locked in to a WWE contract he can't. He appeared in a video package as AAA Triplemania was going off air a few months ago too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Apparently Dolph "lost" his title today...when he put it in his luggage and the airline subsequentially misplaced his bags.

Not the best thing to lose on the day of a TV taping when you are just after crawling out of the doghouse :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I don't think its that big a deal. It can happen. It's unfortunate.

It'll probably just be docked from his paycheque, or it'll turn up safe and sound.

Or he'll end up being the Bunny for the next 7 years. :pac:

Well I guess he will be looking at the lights for the next few weeks..Whatever push he was on will be over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

They have 2 belts anyway.

One for the talent to bring to house shows. One for TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Would be ridiculous if he's punished because the airline lost his luggage. Hardly his fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

QikBax wrote: »
    They have 2 belts anyway.

One for the talent to bring to house shows. One for TV.

And Sandow's one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

J. Marston wrote: »
    Would be ridiculous if he's punished because the airline lost his luggage. Hardly his fault.

Ah, I was jesting about being in trouble.

Still, is it not Flying as Champion 101 to put it in hand luggage to avoid this situation? I'm fairly certain the wrestlers are usually told not to put it in their luggage for that very reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thought they had to always bring the belts on the plane with them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

So Paige is single...

dc2fd6da2c741a3b2f6ae5fcf700e06fafe43267ea271579118ef4292ffb25c6.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just picturing the quick cuts of the car wheels going, the plane taking off and the taxi leaving the airport

I wouldn't think they'd be allowed carry the belt as hand luggage, anyone who's seen wrestling knows it can be used as a weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

I wouldn't think they'd be allowed carry the belt as hand luggage, anyone who's seen wrestling knows it can be used as a weapon.

or as I remember one great jim ross quote during a Taker-Michaels cage match ... Taker is using Shaun michaels as a weapon almost like a lawn-dart. So i supose you couldnt bring other wrestlers onto the plane with you either ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Is Vince Russo secretly working for WWE?
    The top guaranteed match at WWE's next PPV - John Cena vs. Dean Ambrose - will now be a Contract on a Pole match.

WWE announced at Tuesday night's Smackdown TV taping that Cena and Ambrose will compete for a contract to face Seth Rollins in a Hell in a Cell match later in the show.

This appears to be WWE's way of avoiding a pinfall or submission result in a match-up of their top two babyfaces.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

For me that would make it far more likely that we get the match we want (Rollins vs Ambrose) in the hell in a cell .

Cena losing clean via pinfall or submission in a preliminary match up would make no sense in the wwes eyes (that would be a ppv main event finish and a huge push in itself for them) so this stip means ambrose can progress without having to do so (probably still involve a screwy finish though like an authority attack on botg to weaken whoever for seth)

A research study by the University of Kansas's Department of Health, Sport, and Exercise Sciences determined three key factors in why people watch pro wrestling, specifically WWE:

- Novelty factor (new storylines, characters, and storyline direction).

- Physical skill of the athletes.

- Enjoyment of aggression (through matches and non-match fighting).

The #1 factor in the survey of 400 people across various regions - the novelty factor - paralleled the unpredictable nature of, say, college football, which saw a record-number of Top 10 teams lose the same week of October 2. Researchers linked this to the same guessing game in pro wrestling, just with different control factors.

"A lot of the people who I know are wrestling fans, the enjoyment that they get out of it is they're trying to guess who's going to win this match in the same way that you try to guess the outcome of a college football game," said Jordan R. Bass, KU assistant professor of health, sport, and exercise science. "Instead of guessing who is going to play better, you're trying to guess what the company is thinking or what are they going to try to do here. So I think the novelty makes sense if you look at it that way."

Other factors - aesthetics, drama, escape, acquisition of knowledge, and social interaction - ranked in the middle. There does not appear to be a specific element of watching because of star-power or for certain wrestlers (such as John Cena) in a star-driven business.

Instead, researchers lumped the "star" element in with the novelty factor of seeing how characters are introduced or developed.

http://www.pitch.com/FastPitch/archives/2014/10/08/the-university-of-kansas-finds-that-wwe-fans-watch-for-new-story-lines-new-characters

They are missing Hot Chicks Diva's in skimpy gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

They are missing Hot Chicks Diva's in skimpy gear.

Not as skimpy as they used to be...Ah to have the Torrie Wilson days back

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, via Marc Middleton of WrestlingInc.com, TNA felt that signing the Straight-Edge Superstar could help the company find a new television deal: This was done similar to how they reached out to Alberto Del Rio, through an intermediary who is friends with Punk. The idea pitched was said to be a huge deal for Punk to be the top star of the company with pay similar to what Hulk Hogan was making. Punk reportedly expressed no interest in working in pro wrestling again.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2225536-cm-punk-reportedly-offered-deal-to-join-tna-latest-details-and-reaction?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming

• Advertisement

This craic again:
    WWE sources are confirming Smackdown is moving in mid-January 2015 to another day, leaving Fridays.
    We are also told Syfy likely held off on a move until after the NFL's Thursday night games were done on CBS and NBC.

The belief among those we've spoken to is that the move will be to Thursdays, although that we can't confirm that 100% as of this writing.

PWInsider

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement