Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interstellar (Christopher Nolan) *SPOILERS FROM POST 458 ONWARDS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

New posters, first one is nice, the second woulf be without the orange/teal look

newinterstellarposter_large.jpg

interstellar_ver3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭FlashR2D2

^^

It's always nice to see the first posters but nothing special or original really about these really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭FlashR2D2

^^

It's always nice to see the first posters but nothing special or original really about these.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

FlashR2D2 wrote: »
    ^^

It's always nice to see the first posters but nothing special or original really about these.

Your first post was good but there was nothing original really about the second one :P

The second poster is very meh but I like the 1st one, great sense of the unknown from it and the ship looks like a really cool design.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Bacchus wrote: »
    Your first post was good but there was nothing original really about the second one :P

The second poster is very meh but I like the 1st one, great sense of the unknown from it and the ship looks like a really cool design.
    Well I like the second poster as it represents the father daughter relationship which is the emotional heart of Interstellar!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I dunno, the spaceship kinda looks like a lot of kitchen appliances formation-skydiving.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I dunno, the spaceship kinda looks like a lot of kitchen appliances formation-skydiving.

LOL.

It looks like a practical design though with the modular sections. Reminiscent of Space Odyssey too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭KilOit

Thanks, can't be unseen now :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

You brilliant bastard, I laughed, stopped and then laughed some more. An idea is like a virus - Inception

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Nolan does big very well. However, his Batman movies seem to be that rare breed of movie that can produce some serious fanboyism. Personally I didn't like them much, especially TDKR, which was just silly really. :pac:

Memento was his best film by far I think.

I'm now off to change into some ironic clothes, drink cocktails out of a jam jar and start a collective of locally sourced foraged mushroom taco eateries. On my fixie bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

The latest trailers for this are film ruining, avoid like the plague.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Amalgam wrote: »
    The latest trailers for this are film ruining, avoid like the plague.. :mad:

Thanks for the heads up. What I've liked so far about the trailers is that they haven't given much away. My main concern is having to avoid the trailers in the cinema now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Thanks for the heads up.

Not so much very specific plot twists, but the visual mechanics, and use of, the hardware in the science fiction..

The trailers feature post, 'leaving Earth', visuals heavily.

So much nicer to approach a film with some visual spice, unknown to the viewer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Rumours out there that there will be a trailer for T5 (genesis/gensys/this reboot is THE reboot) in front of Interstellar.

Final trailer is up! Nothing in it that we didn't already know! Also there are advertising special screenings on the 5th, I wonder will they do this here in Ireland? I hope so!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Really can't wait for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,836 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not gonna watch the latest trailer.. gonna save some stuff for cinema!

But hear the run-time is pushing 3 hours (slightly longer than TDKR if I recall correctly).

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

Basq wrote: »
    Not gonna watch the latest trailer.. gonna save some stuff for cinema!

But hear the run-time is pushing 3 hours (slightly longer than TDKR if I recall correctly).

169 mins to be precise

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Yeh,

Keeping an eye out to see if its getting an early release here. Nolan is a genius at making movies, cant wait for this .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It’s only being released early on film. Quite the stunt on Nolan’s part. Goes to show how much power he has.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

How great would it be if both Lighthouse and IFI (even they played Inception) got it early on film?

It’s only being released early on film. Quite the stunt on Nolan’s part. Goes to show how much power he has.

Yeah I think it has to be 70mm equipped cinemas, I take it none of the cinema chains will have a 70mm film projector, what about the Savoy?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It’s actually being released early in three film formats - 15 perf/70mm (real) IMAX, 70mm and 35mm.

The IFI is the only 70mm equipped cinema in Ireland, but I’d say the chances of them getting a 70mm print is slim to none. A couple of 35mm prints is the best we can hope for, but it depends how serious Warners is about this.

well at 169 minutes we know we are going to get the directors cut, shows the power Nolan that he is not forced to cut down the runtime of his film.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Checked and the big IMAX here is indeed getting the 70MM film version, this will look bloody amazing. Must book tickets over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Anyone know if the IMAX in Belfast is getting it?

Saw my first IMAX film last year in London (Gravity). Blew my flipping socks off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I'm so looking forward to this film, but the problem with this is it leaves a lot of room for disappointment.

I really looked forward to Prometheus and well look how that turned out ?

Now I know Nolan is another matter and that idiot Lindehof was associated with Prometheus ... but still anything that you expect so much of is bound to generate some disappointment.

It's a tricky subject to tackle aswell ... how will they deal with Alien life (if any) etc ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I see in the latest trailer
    he says goodbye to our Galaxy ? they go _THAT_ far ? I guess it's a wormhole so I suppose it's possible, but does the story need it to be that far ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

So where do we think is the best place to see it in Ireland? Will be seeing it in London IMAX over Christmas but want to see it on release day here first. On a decent screen :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

ktulu123 wrote: »
    So where do we think is the best place to see it in Ireland? Will be seeing it in London IMAX over Christmas but want to see it on release day here first. On a decent screen :)

INTERSTELLAR.2014.CAM.READNFO.x264.AAC-TOXiN

:pac:

Advertisement