Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

So there's talk of KD being 'involved' this weekend. That'd be interesting. I'd like to see a team with Munster in mind.

1. Healy
    2. Byrne
    3. Furlong
    4. Toner
    5. Denton
    6. Rhys
    7. Ryan
    8. Conan
    9. McGrath
    10. Gopperth
    11. Fanning
    12. Madigan
    13. Darce
    14. McFadden
    15. Kearney

16. Cronin
    17. McGrath
    18. Ross
    19. Douglas
    20. Heaslip
    21. Reddan
    22. Crosbie
    23. McGrath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Isn't Jack McGrath injured? No harm to give him a rest anyway, bring in Bent or McCarthy for a run. Can't see Luke McGrath starting either.

We have so few options in the back line at the moment, it's depressing. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing Madigan go at 10, D'Arcy at 12 and maybe McFadden at 13, bring Mick McGrath in for a start.

Yeah, was thinking of rejigging the backline but I think the Munster game is important and I can see the Connacht loss as being a bit of a dent in terms of experimenting in the Cardiff game. I reckon if we can get a good lead built up we'll see wholesale changes across the field.

Didn't realize McGrath (Jack) was injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Usually as strong as possible the week before Munster, similar team as that s all available. Someone needs to do the Zane attack work. McFadden was not fit.

Its a shame that Macken may miss out as he has made a fair few breaks recently but they probably want to trial the

13 Darcy
    12 Madigan

Hopefully we get the win, we need to go on a little run again and need a few players back fit. Ball carriers playing to their potential and people breaking the line at speed.

God forbid we dont going into the Munster game MOC would be under enormous pressure from the fans. A poor showing in front of 45k+ could hit coffers if we plan to fill a 25k seater in the future with new fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭leftleg

Whats the craic with Marty Moore?

• Advertisement

.ak wrote: »
    Yeah, was thinking of rejigging the backline but I think the Munster game is important and I can see the Connacht loss as being a bit of a dent in terms of experimenting in the Cardiff game. I reckon if we can get a good lead built up we'll see wholesale changes across the field.

Didn't realize McGrath (Jack) was injured.

Indo says there is "some concern" over Jack.

Re: the backline, yeah it would be good to get things back on track but Gopperth, Madigan and Fanning have played almost every minute of the campaign so far, they need some sort of a break before Munster. Reddan needs to start, IMO, assuming he's not injured he needs to sharpen up again. It would be great if Reid was fit because we're really down to the bare bones.

leftleg wrote: »
    Whats the craic with Marty Moore?

He has been training, no one seems to know.

Darcy retweet
    Fan pic
    ByH_0kTIIAA8Ls1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

We need a result and performance this week after Friday badly. The question is do we try to change things up again a little or not. Injuries are going to really prevent that from happening, as will the player welfare. It's going to be a really tough one this week I think, purely because of who we will have available and who we won't. We're away to Zebre and home to Edinburgh on either side of the ERCC so those games will have to be used to rest guys.

What's the story with Moore and D Kearney?

For me:

1. Healy
    2. Byrne
    3. Furlong
    4. McCarthy
    5. Denton
    6. Ruddock
    7. Ryan
    8. Conan

9. Reddan
    10. Gopperth
    11. M McGrath
    12. Madigan
    13. Darce
    14. Fanning
    15. R Kearney

16. Dundon
    17. McCarthy
    18. Bent
    19. Douglas
    20. Locky
    21. L McGrath
    22. Macken
    23. Crosbie

This assumes SOB is injured. Ferg wasn't fully fit on Friday and shouldn't have been playing. I'm assuming he too won't be available due to player welfare. That leaves is really light in the backs. Rob has to play because we are stuck for full-backs. Between the squad issues and the disruption due to the rotation this weekend could be a really tough one.

molloyjh wrote: »
    That leaves is really light in the backs

Maybe when Ben Te'o is coming over he could entice one of his Rabbitohs team-mates to come with him on a short-term deal.

861376-lote-tuquiri.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Maybe when Ben Te'o is coming over he could entice one of his Rabbitohs team-mates to come with him on a short-term deal.

861376-lote-tuquiri.jpg

On Bayonne's radar apparently!

On Bayonne's radar apparently!

In all seriousness, if I knew that Dave Kearney and Luke were going to be out for a couple more months, I'd take Tuqiri in a flash.

In all seriousness, if I knew that Dave Kearney and Luke were going to be out for a couple more months, I'd take Tuqiri in a flash.

Careful with language like that. He'll do his hammy again. :eek:

Douglas will get gametime this weekend from MOC
    Reading LF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

ssaye2 wrote: »
    Douglas will get gametime this weekend from MOC
    Reading LF
    Can't link to twitter here, but @Leinsterrugby tweeted the quote earlier.

Interesting that Moore is training with Leinster while all the other internationals are in Ireland camp, usually a sign that the player needs a bit more fitness work. Hmmm.

Eponymous wrote: »

Im going blind. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Eponymous wrote: »
    The quote was "He's fresh. At this stage he'll be involved at the weekend" Posted about 2 hours ago...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Moore hasn't had any game time or been in any match day squads so far this season so it'd be strange for him to be included with Ireland

• Advertisement

Looks like Conan and Luke McGrath too may play from pics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭LostArt

Here's hoping

Can't really judge anything from today's pics because half of them are in Carton House.

Looks like McLaughlin sat it out though; injured as well?

INPHO_00849835.jpg

I'm actually genuinely nervous about this game on Friday. It's as close to a must win as you get at this stage in the season. Assuming Glasgow beat Connacht this weekend they'll be on at least 17 points. And it's hard to see them dropping many over the course of the season the way they look. Falling 9-10 points behind them so early would make things tough. Should Ospreys win they'd be up to 18 points at least. Although how good they are is hard to tell at this stage.

Cardiff aren't great but who we have available to us we don't know. We cannot afford another performance like Galway.

There will be an absolute back lash from last Saturday. I imagine the pack will absolutely demolish Cardiff, and I'd be surprised if the 10 ever gets the ball...

.ak wrote: »
    There will be an absolute back lash from last Saturday. I imagine the pack will absolutely demolish Cardiff, and I'd be surprised if the 10 ever gets the ball...

And that's what we should be doing, playing to our strengths. If most of our decent backs are out injured, then we should just trample all over Cardiff up front and see if they can live with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

And that's what we should be doing, playing to our strengths. If most of our decent backs are out injured, then we should just trample all over Cardiff up front and see if they can live with it.

That's not the Leinster way! Boo-urns! Change the coach!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

molloyjh wrote: »
    I'm actually genuinely nervous about this game on Friday. It's as close to a must win as you get at this stage in the season. Assuming Glasgow beat Connacht this weekend they'll be on at least 17 points. And it's hard to see them dropping many over the course of the season the way they look. Falling 9-10 points behind them so early would make things tough. Should Ospreys win they'd be up to 18 points at least. Although how good they are is hard to tell at this stage.

Cardiff aren't great but who we have available to us we don't know. We cannot afford another performance like Galway.

In not nervous really, we could play this game for every week until the end of time and never lose it, it's the season as a whole that worries me, regardless of what happens on Friday. The best we can hope for is a comprehensive, confidence building demolition and move on, the only result here that has a real effect on the season would be a loss, and as I said, I can't see that at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

I don't know what this Ireland camp is or whatever, but presuming they're available

McGrath Cronin Moore
    Toner McCarthy
    Ruddock SOB/Conan Ryan

Reddan Madigan
    D'Arcy Macken
    Fanning Kearney McFadden

That should be easily good enough in all honesty

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement