Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OFFICIAL INTAKE 6

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

Similar situation alwayshungry, got promotion and now have to think of an excuse to leave, they will be raging!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭alwayshungry

Similar situation alwayshungry, got promotion and now have to think of an excuse to leave, they will be raging!

Giggity giggity goo! :) walking outta work on your last day like you're walking away slow motion from an explosion!

Hold on a second ! Reading the handbook thing amd it said sufficient business wear.... please tell me we can wear normal clothes at some stage ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

So what have you told your current employer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Shaved Fish

Told my employer today who said that I can leave whenever I want regardless of the formal period of notice. Clearly a valued asset of the team who will be sorely missed it seems...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

Hahaha shaved fish, id have said as long as your paying me for the month! Kind of hope the put me on garden leave!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Told my employer today who said that I can leave whenever I want regardless of the formal period of notice. Clearly a valued asset of the team who will be sorely missed it seems...

I assume you haven't told them you're off to be a copper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I am going to be very cheeky and ask you lovely folk a huge favour!! Any chance when you're at the induction or when you start you pass on a message to my muckers Fenners and Dutch? Sent them a pm but they haven't been on in ages since they started. Could someone use their detective skills, find them and tell them mop sent a pm lol. Would mean so much to me but I understand if no one does, I'm sure you'll all be buzzing with excitement and super busy sorting things out. Just thought I'd ask, nothing ventured, nothing gained!!!

Congrats again and stay safe xx

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭LadyVernal

Mop a top wrote: »
    I am going to be very cheeky and ask you lovely folk a huge favour!! Any chance when you're at the induction or when you start you pass on a message to my muckers Fenners and Dutch? Sent them a pm but they haven't been on in ages since they started. Could someone use their detective skills, find them and tell them mop sent a pm lol. Would mean so much to me but I understand if no one does, I'm sure you'll all be buzzing with excitement and super busy sorting things out. Just thought I'd ask, nothing ventured, nothing gained!!!

Congrats again and stay safe xx

Il def try and sniff them out!

Much appreciated!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sgtmort

Mop they are in my class, I'll tell them on Monday for you :) have u heard anything yet? We wer actually talking about u in class!

Sgtmort wrote: »
    Mop they are in my class, I'll tell them on Monday for you :) have u heard anything yet? We wer actually talking about u in class!

Are you serious?!?? Feel a little bit weird you're talking about me, did I fry your heads that much lol!!! Spanks my lovely. I'll pm you. Excuse the grammar. Had a few this evening lol :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Sdcharger

hey SgtMort ;P o I remember that convo, funny stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 5 madams625

Duafc wrote: »
    Thanks! I did the same just there... the last time I emailed them I had no response. Got the automated email that they've logged my query anyway.

I have this terrible feeling due to failing and then passing the medical after LE surgery my application has found it's way to the bottom of a dusty pile somewhere :(

I got 68 in my AC and also failed my medical because of my eye sight. I got my eyes lasered a week later and within three weeks was declared medically fit for duty! Got the phone call last week so you should definitely get in touch with them.

madams625 wrote: »
    I got 68 in my AC and also failed my medical because of my eye sight. I got my eyes lasered a week later and within three weeks was declared medically fit for duty! Got the phone call last week so you should definitely get in touch with them.

Are you in then? as in do you start GV in the next intake?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 madams625

LadyVernal wrote: »
    Are you in then? as in do you start GV in the next intake?

Yeah I'm in this intake

madams625 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm in this intake

Cool. Il add you to the list congrats!!

The following is a list of the board members who are in the next batch of trainees. Let me know if I missed anyone:

LadyVernal (me)
    Dekkers
    gigity gigity
    C.George
    JMcClane
    col212
    alwayshungry
    Shaved Fish

For some reason it wont let me edit this post

madams625

is also on the list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Haha lol.. got the better of ya Dekkers ;-)

Basically I passed my IST in the last campaign but had to leave the AC just after registration, extreme family emergency, only left when I was 110% sure I had to, was gutted and deloitte would not let me reschedule.

So passed the IST this time round again and got my AC date, waiting patiently for the day to come :-\

Ah right sorry to hear that. Terrible timing on ye! Apologies for nosiness ha

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

How long did you wait from passing medical to phonecall? Was it a few weeks or was it the full 5 or more?

• Advertisement

MD4PSNI wrote: »
    How long did you wait from passing medical to phonecall? Was it a few weeks or was it the full 5 or more?

Nearer to 8 weeks for meself, MD.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Dekkers wrote: »
    Nearer to 8 weeks for meself, MD.

No prob, iv medical coming up very soon so just working out when i should be staring at my phone! Lol

Congrats by the way Dekkers!! Im sure you are delighted!?

MD4PSNI wrote: »
    No prob, iv medical coming up very soon so just working out when i should be staring at my phone! Lol

Congrats by the way Dekkers!! Im sure you are delighted!?

Ok, all the best with it.

Cheers. Still not really sunk in but over the moon definitely. Cant wait to get going!

Was wondering, I know people have asked about pay- when I got the call my mind went blank, was luck I remembered my name - I know we get less while we are in garnerville does anyone have an idea as to the difference.... I just want to make sure I can afford something I'm in desperate need of

Was wondering, I know people have asked about pay- when I got the call my mind went blank, was luck I remembered my name - I know we get less while we are in garnerville does anyone have an idea as to the difference.... I just want to make sure I can afford something I'm in desperate need of

Im almost certain that we get 23.450ish at GV then once we finish that it is 26.200ish

Im almost certain that we get 23.450ish at GV then once we finish that it is 26.200ish

That's considerably more than I thought! Looks like I can finally get my car :) even though I live quite close to GV I would love to get to stay there for the full time

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AlphaBravo6

Dekkers wrote: »
    Ah right sorry to hear that. Terrible timing on ye! Apologies for nosiness ha

Thanks Dekkers, and yeah, terrible timing :-(
    And don't worry, I'd have asked myself too lol

It'll be good to put names to faces at the induction weekend

It'll be good to put names to faces at the induction weekend

Il be the blonde with glasses :-)

• Advertisement

Il be the blonde with glasses :-)

ill be the tall girl that brought her daddy to the induction