Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Snow Lovers Appreciation Society Winter 2014/15 #MOD NOTE #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

20 euro :pac:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

OP's ip-number traces to Iceland :):p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭emo72

DeVore wrote: »
    OP's ip-number traces to Iceland :)

insert sean bean picture here. winter is coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

I really hope there's no snow this winter, my girlfriend is due on December 25th!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

I really hope there's no snow this winter, my girlfriend is due on December 25th!

Sicko :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭badshot

jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

I think is about time we had snow this year, been waiting a long time now, just hope it's your average snow and not a blizzard type situation (last winters winds)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,642 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Could be some wet snow in the Scottish Highlands next week with a very chilly airmass over these islands. I blame the thread entitled "August Heatwave" :(;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's been very nippy the last three mornings. Feels more like an October morning than an August one!

Which prob means we're in for a mild winter. Hope I'm wrong I really do!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

A chilly enough Northerly incursion forecast for early next week, wouldn't be surprised for some parts of the Scottish Highlands to receive their first sprinkle of snow!

Recm1201.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Well then, 2010 snow would be just the ticket. Cuddled up Christmas night with soon to be mother and child in front of the lovely warm fire with the Christmas tree lights twinkling in the corner with the snowcapped bushes outside the window glowing in the moonlight. Then in the blink of an eye, rain and rapid thaw and an easy trip to the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭elecktras weather bomb

am I right in thinking we could be getting our first frosts next week ? happy days. summer you did fare out well . roll on the dark nights. falling of the leaf , hard frosts , lamppost watching , plenty of deep snow days and a few storms thrown in. not too much to ask for?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

am I right in thinking we could be getting our first frosts next week ? happy days. summer you did fare out well . roll on the dark nights. falling of the leaf , hard frosts , lamppost watching , plenty of deep snow days and a few storms thrown in. not too much to ask for?

Don't be getting me all excited now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

am I right in thinking we could be getting our first frosts next week ?

Dunno what models you've been looking at lol . Min ground temps next week 5/6 C

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭elecktras weather bomb

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Dunno what models you've been looking at lol . Min ground temps next week 5/6 C

sorry was on my phone and don't get to peep as often as I would like and sometimes can be a train wreck to view. im only learning and don't want to bog down the thread.i always stand to be corrected . but midlands and south even yesterday were showing three degrees.and the anomaly charts were nice and blue. maybe more wishfull thinking on my part .like everyone else winter cant come quick enough this year . so my apologies for being over enthusiastic. look forward to reading all your posts over the winter as always and maybe learning a thing or two. many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭KingdomRushed

We will soon be entering the inbetween zone, with hopes of further heat starting to dissipate and everyone's thoughts turning to winter snow, but feeling a bit unseemly and premature mentioning it. In about 4-6 weeks time the first subzero temps will start showing on FI charts, and hopes will rise and temperatures fall, and then the sickening rollercoaster of broken model promises begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Darwin

On hols in France at the moment and the national met service were showing statistics for temperatures this summer. Basically up to this point in August, the mean summer temperatures (for France) are down 2c to 3c - almost exactly the same as 2010 (in contrast, summer 2013 temps were on average +3c above the norm). Not sure what implications this has going forward for Ireland's winter but we all know what a vintage year that was for snow lovers! They showed another chart for July showing the general spread of warm weather which was over the UK and most of the Nordic countries, with colder air over France. Mean summer temperatures for some places in Nordic countries e.g. Oslo were up by 6c from normal!

Just poppin in to leave this here... :cool: :pac:

320687.jpg

Chooo choooooo :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

My little cousin (she is 6)was telling me she really wants snow this year so she can build a snowman that looks like Olaf from Frozen.

I am expecting lots of "Do you want to build a Snowman" being sung if it happens.

I hope it comes true for her sake

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Not sure I understand this... but I choo choo choosing to see it as SNOW is COMING! Yay!

• Advertisement

Its CFS , all only for a bit of wishful eye candy nothing more than that .. and the CHOO CHOOOO... , for any of the newbies , is the Greenland express! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

320687.jpg

Ummm chart could look better than it may be in reality. More likely rain and sleet showers for the northwest coasts perhaps some snow possible in furthern inland but showers dying out as they push southeast:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

a17b2-it-begins.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

a17b2-it-begins.gif

That's Rain Maq .........

post-10712-Dancing-through-the-snow-PI6L.gif

Ummm chart could look better than it may be in reality. More likely rain and sleet showers for the northwest coasts perhaps some snow possible in furthern inland but showers dying out as they push southeast:pac::pac:

Its the best i could find in my whole 2mins of searching OK!? :P

But yeah , this very battleground situation that chart... still nice though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Its the best i could find in my whole 2mins of searching OK!? :P

cfs-0-4152_pus8.png

wink-Steve-Spurrier.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

Please remember everyone, my prediction is the snow will start in November, lots of it. Don't need to focus too much on Jan 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭poppet84

Ah came in here too early!every year I come and have a look and always get the hopes up!2010/2011 really made us all into snow freaks !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

hopes may be broken yet again in yet another roller coaster season but I think at this stage we are guaranteed something cooler and less unstable than last winter. I think I saw about 4 mornings frost last winter and barely a snowflake. this winter can only be better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

How accurate could this possibly be? is it set in stone that there is at least a decent risk of some snow?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement