Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Omg my head is wrecked. it's like having a pair of unruly toddlers in the house. They've finally crashed after chasing and fighting since 7am!

I've put my feet up and am not moving a muscle till they wake up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Went To electric picnic Friday with news that umi was getting out of the Vets Friday and was doing good. Bf collected her and she actually worse than when we brought her in. I came home and we brought her to a different Vet Saturday morning. It's looking more and more likely she is never coming home. Especially since so much time was wasted at the first Vets :( she's going for a spinal tap and mri today as a last ditch attempt to help. Send positive vibes everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Went To electric picnic Friday with news that umi was getting out of the Vets Friday and was doing good. Bf collected her and she actually worse than when we brought her in. I came home and we brought her to a different Vet Saturday morning. It's looking more and more likely she is never coming home. Especially since so much time was wasted at the first Vets :( she's going for a spinal tap and mri today as a last ditch attempt to help. Send positive vibes everyone

OMG :(

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Sending positive vibes for Umi :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Oh no that's so awful :(( fingers and paws crossed here that things will work out xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Fingers and paws crossed here as well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

That's dreadful :(
    What on earth happened with the first vet?
    Good luck Umi, fight like a demon :(

Thanks all. The first Vet had her from Tuesday night until Friday evening. All they did was give her fluids and some antibiotics all the while telling us she was getting better. She was worse when we got her back. They told us she was purring and everything. Only problem is that she can't purr! She's never once done it in her life! So brought her to a different Vet and they suspect meningitis. She had endless blood tests and an xray and everything is clear. She only turned one a while ago :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Poor baby, fingers and paws crossed here for you and Umi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Thanks all. The first Vet had her from Tuesday night until Friday evening. All they did was give her fluids and some antibiotics all the while telling us she was getting better. She was worse when we got her back. They told us she was purring and everything. Only problem is that she can't purr! She's never once done it in her life! So brought her to a different Vet and they suspect meningitis. She had endless blood tests and an xray and everything is clear. She only turned one a while ago :(

Jesus, that's awful.:mad: What kind of vet doesn't know that cats purr when they're in pain too.

• Advertisement

Just got a call from the Vets after her mri scan.The mri showed something happening in her brain. It's either a tumour or inflammation. If it's a tumour nothing they can do. If it's inflammation it's either bacterial or viral. If it's bacterial no chance. If it's viral there's an outside chance she could make it :( she's getting a spinal tap in the morning to see what's happening

Fingers crossed for her. It's awful waiting to get results :(

Thinking of her and fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Poor little Umi. Hope it works out. Sending positive thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

My zooplus order arrived today.. im obviously not too good with sizes because the medium harness i bought for Nala (30kg) is a perfect fit for Bruce (10kg)! Anyone know of a site i could buy a harness for nala? Dont really like the julius ones but all the other ones are expensive or tiny!

Are you looking for a Julius one then or just a normal harness?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭muddypaws

nala2012 wrote: »
    My zooplus order arrived today.. im obviously not too good with sizes because the medium harness i bought for Nala (30kg) is a perfect fit for Bruce (10kg)! Anyone know of a site i could buy a harness for nala? Dont really like the julius ones but all the other ones are expensive or tiny!

Sharon at Trailbaby does made to measure harnesses - https://www.facebook.com/trailbabysleddog.k9gear?fref=ts

snowpawstore also do manmat harnesses, which I use on mine when we walk, great harnesses. http://www.snowpawstore.com/

The door is propped slightly ajar so that the postman won't knock the door when he arrives, don't want to wake my husband. Anyway, I just found Jazzy trying to bury the doorstop with the voile panel:confused: He's a strange little cat. If the others leave any tinned food in their bowls he tries to bury the bowls, sometimes he tries to bury a bowl with the kitchen door.:D

I left my watch on the worktop in the kitchen while I washed my hands after the vets. Gave the moggies some cooked chicken and forgot the watch, until I heard wretching. Poppy had bolt eaten the chicken and thrown it up on my watch. It's a bracelet strap:( Hopefully no lasting damage, it was a really expensive one that my husband bought for my 40th birthday. I wonder if the warranty covers cat puke.:D

^ LOL :pac:

I've just cancelled Lucy's spay appointment. After all that's happened with Bailey over the last month I've realized how much I value my own vet that's on my door step. TBH the other place just seemed a bit.. unprofessional? When I was making the appointment months in advance they were telling me it could be done 4 weeks after she was in heat - my vet said 4 months(!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

They weren't wrong... and neither is your vet.

boomerang wrote: »

:confused: really?? Well I just prefer my vet lol!! :p I didn't have much confidence in the other place after making the appointment tbh

Went to visit umi today. She's a tinyyyyyyyy bit better which is positive. she also tested clear for meningitis, still waiting in a second opinion from the mri though :(

Fingers crossed for poor Umi!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

boomerang wrote: »

True. I think the safe time is 8 weeks "to be sure to be sure" but 4 is the earliest. So yeah neither are wrong tbh ;)

Yeah I thought it was 2 months but she said 4 when we were in for Lucy's checkup which would have been about a month after she was in heat - said she could feel from her mammary glands that something had been going on so maybe that's why she said 4 months? Or maybe it's just because Lucy is so bloody lazy lol - she needs an extra few months!! :p I'll ask again when I'm in getting Bailey's boosters ;) After calling the other place today though I was glad I was cancelling. Just seemed very lax compared to our vets (or the other 2 vets I've dealt with) - didn't really fill me with confidence! Also I probably would have gotten lost :p

Toby is exhausted after his booster this morning. Poor little guy had earmites, which surprised me as we keep up with the advocate. I've got their bedding on a hot wash now and he's to have his ears cleaned every day for 7 days. Not looking forward to that. He was very good and I was able to hold him while he got the booster and his ear cleaned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Little silver tabby kitten is gone to her new home tonight, with my vet and his daughter, I'm delighted, he thought she was lovely a his daughter was over the moon, trying to think up names on the way out the door.
    Bit sad here, but happy she's got a good home, her sister is looking for her, following our old boy Jake around, but he seems to like her so hopefully that will be a comfort to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

tk123 wrote: »
    Are you looking for a Julius one then or just a normal harness?

Just a normal one but i find it hard to get one that doesnt rub her legs. Have and easy walk one but doesnt fit right and i tried 2 different sizes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

I have to go with a friend to get her first tattoo tomorrow, it's going to be sooo hard not to get another while I'm there!

On another note I went to Dublin zoo yesterday (not a zoo I particularly like) but the brand new baby elephant is the cutest little thing I've ever seen! He was playing in a hole, running up and down the sides. He was playing just like a little puppy :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement