Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,186 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Ah **** it maybe they patched it, you could launch across the map with the gate glitch :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Ah **** it maybe they patched it, you could launch across the map with the gate glitch :P

To be fair, I'm just loosing health..follow my lead for a min

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Made an another race.

A long but open fast race with a few challenging bends.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/pk24nJTl-U6LQFG-ybn8CQ?platformId=2

• Registered Users Posts: 29,438 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'll be back on this tonight as my ps4 joypad is away for repair. Anyone be on after 11.30?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭KeshFM93

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I'll be back on this tonight as my ps4 joypad is away for repair. Anyone be on after 11.30?

Ps4 bastard :D!! . if I'm on I'll be on till late , depends if I get thirsty between now and 10 o clock.

• Advertisement

KeshFM93 wrote: »
    Ps4 bastard :D!! . if I'm on I'll be on till late , depends if I get thirsty between now and 10 o clock.

Man i can't wait to get this on ps4, Will definitely be upgrading. Would be class is the online was cross platform though (doubtful) as it will split up the online community somewhat. Pity there weren't money glitches in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭KeshFM93

Man i can't wait to get this on ps4, Will definitely be upgrading. Would be class is the online was cross platform though (doubtful) as it will split up the online community somewhat. Pity there weren't money glitches in real life.

Yeah its **** , few friends of mine I've lost to Ps4itis :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

I'm going for pints, you may come across drunk Etcher later thou :D

I'm going for pints, you may come across drunk Etcher later thou :D

This should be interesting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Had a blast at the Docks with Etcher and another Boardie, we were fighting each other before ganging up on some poor sod who wandered into the fray then it was all out war with the police and NOOSE :D

Then my connection cut :(

• Advertisement

jWc3eng.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    jWc3eng.gif

makes a change from the top gun gifs at least :pac:

makes a change from the top gun gifs at least :pac:

MF2b5.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Jaggy

Housemate got a PS4 and new sony tv so haven't been on for a few days. Busy elsewhere :pac:

Definitely looking forward to getting GTA for PS4 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Lately I've been coming across these clowns that start mission and then do **** all other then stand there for the whole mission.

Anyone else coming across this?

Yup. a few of them. I've a tendency to "accidentally" drive over them and kill them ;)

It was happening a lot during the Rooftop Rumble mission, the guy sent me a message asking why I killed him and how he spawned after the mission at some lighthouse far away.

Oh and lately I have had a message coming up saying I should play nicer cause other players have voted for me to be kicked from the server. Now is the game not all about shooting and killing each other? Thats the norm in this so why vote to have me kicked if you are doing the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Yup. a few of them. I've a tendency to "accidentally" drive over them and kill them ;)

It was happening a lot during the Rooftop Rumble mission, the guy sent me a message asking why I killed him and how he spawned after the mission at some lighthouse far away.

Oh and lately I have had a message coming up saying I should play nicer cause other players have voted for me to be kicked from the server. Now is the game not all about shooting and killing each other? Thats the norm in this so why vote to have me kicked if you are doing the same thing?

Ya I've flattened a few too. Haha.

Ya rooftop rumble is my most common one I get it on. I did the mission earlier then collected the package and parked up.

Ur man txt me deliver it will ya after not budging the whole time, I txt back **** off and climbed up onto a roof across from martins place and switched over to the Liverpool match.

About 20 min later I switched backed to the game and finished the mission. Pal had left and the remains of a burnout car under the house indicated he had been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

Anyone else having trouble logging into psn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I've committed suicide a few times out of spite when people stand there doing nothing, just when I'm across the road from Martins place/Lesters warehouse etc.

I like the survival games a lot (bit it irritates me seeing people play Processed or Boneyard over and over on repeat). Anyway on Boneyard I took the popular spot between the small outhouse type building and the wall where you basically can't get hit, while my teammates decided to all do their best Ramp impressions. From levels 1-6, two died in every single round (including round one... somehow!?) while the other died in all but round one.

In round 7 I took the two helicopters out right away and most of the enemies, while two teammates got themselves slaughtered as per usual. Luckily one had picked up on the spot and was covering the other side... Or so I thought. The idiot then rammed me out into the open when there was a bunch of enemies there. I killed most but was shot dead in seconds, the other guy at least got rid of the last 3 or 4 enemies.

Next round, another one joins us, and the two of them spend the whole time ignoring any on coming enemies and just fighting over the two spots. Jumping over the adjacent wall etc to get in between and shove the other out. In the end I dropped about 5 tear gas cans there to blind them and took another spot.

Round 9, they both abandon that spot, one gets killed so I take it back. The other runs back and pushes me out in front of a bunch of miniguns, dead but again I wiped most of the enemies out (and dropped some more tear gas to blind him out of spite).

So round 10 comes around, I wait on the other side of the wall for the helicopters appear, jump over and shove one out to his death. Shove the other out the other side to his death. Our other team mate had continued to get killed every round with only 1 or 2 kills to his name. I take out everyone else and the three helicopters, so only two guys in the bus on the far end of the map remain. Run around and pick up some minigun ammo, make sure there is only one guy remaining in the bus. Give a wave and use the suicide pill on myself.

Well... I have never heard two people lose their sh!t so badly when the loading screen came around... completely worth it :D. Both were fully grown men going by their voice and losing their reason about having never completed it (Boneyard remember... its quite easy to do solo).

TLDR; stupid players are stupid, and f***ing annoying!

• Advertisement

I love the Survival Games :D

I was thinking, I am rubbish at racing games as you can see when you check peoples scores, does that mean that if I somehow come first at a race, whoever bet on me gets a c**p ton of money?

Maybe we should arrange some races and everyone bet on me then let me win ;)
    I could do with some more wins to unlock more stuff in the Mod Shop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The trick I found with races (I'm not great at them but not terrible) is to start a race and invite people, then pray someone on a rating under 20 or so joins, with a low driving level, and start it asap with just the two of you.Save up for a Zentorno and buy any performance mods than come available as they do as well, it's the best car for racing.

Also if you do a mission/survival with someone who is really low on these, especially if you notice they're not very good at the game, click to do any race you can asap after... they'll likely follow. Don't invite anyone else, just start it up asap. Keep doing this and you can pick up 3 or 4 wins before they quit (if they quot migrate you still get the win).

And pick 2 or 3 races that you like to keep doing, so you get used to them. The main one I use is OBSTACLE WHAT!? because it's fun and quick. A lot of new people also try to power over the ramps which screws them over. The key in that race is to take your foot off the acceleration and make sure you are going perfectly straight coming up to every ramp, then just use your time in the air to keep the car level as you land facing perfectly forward and hit the accelerator the exact moment you hit the ground. Take the hairpin turn slowly too, crashing there can take ages to recover from... and figure out which ramps you can skip, especially on the second part/home straight.

Also, get your driving stats to 100% in freemode before bothering, it makes a big difference. Get a quick car and fly around the motorway that looks the north part of the map, make loads of handbrakes, etc too (you can do these in the middle of an open/empty motorway if it's easier, doesn't seem to matter if it's an actual turn or not).

There's a bit of grinding involved but I got to the point where I could use turbo in only 2 or 3 weeks of a few races a day doing this. I do the very odd race otherwise but not a huge fan of them, so that's all I REALLY wanted to unlock.

Cheers Billy.

I've kinda been doing that for Deathmatches too. I go to the option that lets you select players around your level and pick the low level players. They see it like I am doing them a favour cause they mission might not be available at their level yet, little do they know its all part of my ploy to destroy them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

keano25 wrote: »
    Lately I've been coming across these clowns that start mission and then do **** all other then stand there for the whole mission.

Anyone else coming across this?
    I think sometimes it might be the person has a problem connecting to the mission, but yeah definitely some are taking the piss as you can see their blip moving around on the map.

Some dopes on missions, thankfully only the odd time. There's the obvious ones like the trolls who drive over you or destroy the documents or whatever to fail the mission. Then there's people who for some reason really want to collect the document in Rooftop Rumble, or just complete idiots who drive a truck & trailer over mountains so the trailer inevitably falls off, stupid stuff like that. Also hate when people start a mission half the map away.

Another annoying thing I only came across recently but is going on a good while, is those stupid 1000000000RP user created deathmatches that are specifically set up so that the host can get outside the main area and access weapons to kill everyone else who are unarmed. Unfortunately nearly all the random deathmatch lobbies are like that lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Starting to get back into deathmatches and the like again, a bit sick of races, flying about and random freemode stuff :P

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Anyone have any problems hosting/calling for a job, when I go to host a rockstar created mission I see "No jobs available" and when I call a contact I get something like sorry I don't have anything.

Edit: Google didn't reveal anything earlier but it does now, https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/203000376-no-jobs-online

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Hingo

Got an email from playstation about needing to make sure you have over 12Gig of space free for the latest update (ie if you have the flash drive ps3 super skinny version you'll need to get a HDD)

I wonder what's so big coming in the next update,
    heists...? Cross platform compatability ?(ps3-ps4) (Xbox 360 - Xbox one)

As the world of Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online continues to expand and evolve through ongoing updates, storage limitations of the PlayStation®3 12GB hardware will require owners to purchase additional storage to accommodate future GTAV Title Updates after 01/09/2014.

In order to maintain compatibility for all players within Grand Theft Auto Online, the latest Title Update must be installed on the system. If not enough space is available on the system, hardware limitations will prevent players from accessing Grand Theft Auto Online. Grand Theft Auto V Story Mode will still be accessible by playing the game without being connected to PlayStation®Network, and proceeding without additional updates.

For details on how to upgrade the hardware storage on your PlayStation®3 12GB System, visit:

http://eu.playstation.com/ps3/support/general/detail/item571461/Replacing-the-hard-disk-%2812GB-500GB%29/ [/QOUTE]

Someone on the official forums made up all the updates and file space available on the 12gb. There are 100mb's left and the flight school was 103mb's so could be just a regular update but surely heists (hahahahaha) will be more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Rgb.ie

Someone on the official forums made up all the updates and file space available on the 12gb. There are 100mb's left and the flight school was 103mb's so could be just a regular update but surely heists (hahahahaha) will be more than that.

When is the next update due out?

• Advertisement

Rgb.ie wrote: »
    When is the next update due out?

No date yet but a playstation mag is out tomorrow with a zombie special section and lists zombie games and then gta v with a ? after it. So we might hear about zombie dlc tomorrow. Sept 17th is the 1 year anniversary so would be a good excuse to release heists.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement