Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Just doing the last minute tweaks. Costa, Rooney or fabregas captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Just doing the last minute tweaks. Costa, Rooney or fabregas captain.

Going with Costa meself, haven't seen Leicester play yet but Chelsea looked fairly lethal last week (in the first half at least).

United have a horrible amount of injuries at the moment so not sure if Rooney will be getting fed the passes he needs.

In fairness I could be completely wrong on this but sure will see what happens :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Just got rid of Mata for Siggy. Price rise and all that jazz, be great if he outscores him now as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

The uncertainty around Giroud's form coupled with Chelsea's apparent cracking form just led me to take a 4 pt hit.

Giroud --> Costa (used up my £2 million reserve too)

My other transfer this week was out of necessity, an injured Barkley --> Siggy

Was it worth the hit? I had no Chelsea players until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

The uncertainty around Giroud's form coupled with Chelsea's apparent cracking form just led me to take a 4 pt hit.

Giroud --> Costa (used up my £2 million reserve too)

My other transfer this week was out of necessity, an injured Barkley --> Siggy

Was it worth the hit? I had no Chelsea players until now.

I'd say it was was, I have 2 Chelsea players (Terry and Costa), but even feel vulnerable without Fabregas.

Next week I'm thinking Jovetic, Sanchez, Isgrove to Naismith, Ramsey, Fabregas.

Trying to keep hold of Mata in midfield, along with Silva and Sig, but this could change depending on Aguero's form.

Made my mind up on making 2/3 transfers and holding the wildcard as long as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Is it just me or are people going a little over the too about about Chelsea... They beat a newly promoted side.. A game they were fully expected to win.. This eulogising of them is very premature

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    I've never really got this "don't ever take a hit for a defender" rule a lot of people seem to adhere to.

My logic would be that if you need to change your defence and in a particular GW the player you want to bring in long or at least medium term is almost 4 times more likely for a CS than the player you would otherwise have to play, then those are good odds that you can effectively turn a second FT. Did it successfully a couple of times last year and didn't a couple of times I should have.

Would agree fully that it's not worth it for a one week punt, but to try and expedite a planned and necessary change?

Not necessarily disagreeing with your points, especially re unpredictability of clean sheets, but curious as to where the blanket reluctance on hits for defenders comes from.

I'd take a hit if I was bringing in a defender from a top four club but not for anyone else.

This early in the game is there not an argument that you can wait the week and do it next week?

IMO you have decent enough options anyway so I can't see the need for a hit.

Is it just me or are people going a little over the too about about Chelsea... They beat a newly promoted side.. A game they were fully expected to win.. This eulogising of them is very premature

Everyone and anyone is predicting them to win the League. They threw it away last year IMO with poor results against mid table opposition and even relegation fodder.

Their results against the rest of the top six were superb. Everton were the only team to beat them iirc.

They've now greatly strengthened so I think the expectation is warranted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'd take a hit if I was bringing in a defender from a top four club but not for anyone else.

This early in the game is there not an argument that you can wait the week and do it next week?

IMO you have decent enough options anyway so I can't see the need for a hit.

All true but I expect to have other priorities for the FT next week. Maybe you know who will have to go. Maybe another Siggy to follow. Maybe Ramsey. Maybe RVP even.

The temptation I suppose is to correct my problem with Wilson and still have the FT for next week. And going by the odds have a decent chance of getting it 'free'. At this stage with value to be chased I am reluctant to commit next weeks FT.

If I end up taking a hit next week chances are I won't have as good a chance of immediately getting it back.

Also Clyne is about to rise and a potential
    bandwagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

twam2008 wrote: »
    I have taken advice on board, and made the extremely rash decision of using the wildcard, please do not criticise my team at this point, as there is f*ck all I can do about it.

GK Howard. D. Clyne, Chester, Dier, Vlaar, Robertson. M. Sterling, Sig, Pienaar, Fab, Mata. F. Long, Costa. Sturridge.

I decided to gamble on Mata, he could go next week. And decided to stick with Long, hunch. Sold Terry so I could afford Sturridge. Thanks again.

Not sure if you are gonna read this or not but well done, you really needed to wildcard. I love Long but Fletcher seems infinitely better value and he's .5m cheaper. Long term I think Dier might be a bit part player this year for Spurs, he could well prove me wrong and should play this weekend.
    It's a solid team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

qwabercd wrote: »
    Quick one - bringing in a budget midfielder. He won't start this week but wouldn't mind rotating in very so often for my cheap striker's (Fletcher atm) weaker fixtures. I have 6m but obviously won't be spending that.

Option 1 - Spend 5m on Ward Prowse. I think he's excellent value and has great fixtures. Can rack up decent scores imo, but the dilemma is leaving him on the bench this week when he has west brom at home so the risk is obvious. I'll probably end up with points on the bench a lot.

Option 2 - Spend 4.5m on either Marney or Wanywama.

I'll still have 1m in the bank if I go with Ward Prowse. My heart is telling me to go with Ward Prowse because I think he can do well, but my head is saying go with the 4.5m option because most of the time will be spent on the bench, saves 0.5m and will avoid the heartache of having big scores on the bench.

Tl;dr - Ward Prowse or Wanyama/Marney for sub midfielder spot?

4.5 for me. I foolishly went with 8 good attacking options left siggy on the bench last week have to leave fletcher on the bench this week. Its an unneccessary waste of money IMO. When I wildcard which will be one of the int breaks Ill be going 3 4 3 with a 4.5 mid.

They are playing another newly promoted side today this time at home. Ive gone with 3 of their attackers today which is a bit risky but I personally feel they now have the best team in the league.

All true but I expect to have other priorities for the FT next week. Maybe you know who will have to go. Maybe another Siggy to follow. Maybe Ramsey. Maybe RVP even.

The temptation I suppose is to correct my problem with Wilson and still have the FT for next week. And going by the odds have a decent chance of getting it 'free'. At this stage with value to be chased I am reluctant to commit next weeks FT.

If I end up taking a hit next week chances are I won't have as good a chance of immediately getting it back.

Also Clyne is about to rise and a potential
    bandwagon.

If you knew for definite wilson was going to lose his place today Id say its a good move but you are basing it on the opinion of somebody similar to most of us putting up a predicted line up. If wilson keeps his place Id fancy stoke to keep as many if not more C.S than southampton over the next few weeks.

If you knew for definite wilson was going to lose his place today Id say its a good move but you are basing it on the opinion of somebody similar to most of us putting up a predicted line up. If wilson keeps his place Id fancy stoke to keep as many if not more C.S than southampton over the next few weeks.

Both Total and FFS have Huth coming in for him

I think the point Busts is making is that they are no more qualified than any of us. It's guesswork based on news.

Both had Bartley down to start last week and he didn't. Neither had Lingard down to start for United. I'm sure there are countless other examples just from last weekend.

Huth may well start and is the better player but to be honest its just them guessing. The same way myself or yourself could.

Huth may well start and is the better player but to be honest its just them guessing. The same way myself or yourself could.

Aye, I know that all right but it's enough to give cause for concern. These sites have done their homework but I know they can easily be wrong. Wilson made errors last week and Huth always likely to take over. The guardian have Huth in too. Seems fairly likely at this point....

Go with your own gut and take the hit. That's my advice. I think you have your mind set now and you'll only be annoyed now if you don't go with it.

**** it, if it doesn't work out there's plenty more time to make the points back.

Go with your own gut and take the hit. That's vs my advice. I think you have your mind set now and you'll only be annoyed now if you don't go with it.

**** it, if it doesn't work out there's plenty more time to make the points back.

Thanks lads. Not totally dead set on it, more arguing devil's advocate with yous to tease it out. Stoke forum (I know, I know! ) somewhat divided.

Will go with my gut before 11.30.

It is the kind of hit option which tempts me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Opinions on this WC team folks.
    Forster
    Debuchey, Dier, Chester
    Rambo, Fabregas, Sterling, Siggy
    Kun, Costa(C), Bony

Bench: Myhill, Hutton, Dummet, King

If Dier doesn't start, Fernandez will come in next week. Would like a Chelsea defender but don't see how I can fit one in. These changes to the way players rise suck btw. Was expecting a lot more double rises than there has been.

• Advertisement

Opinions on this WC team folks.
    Forster
    Debuchey, Dier, Chester
    Rambo, Fabregas, Sterling, Siggy
    Kun, Costa(C), Bony

Bench: Myhill, Hutton, Dummet, King

If Dier doesn't start, Fernandez will come in next week. Would like a Chelsea defender but don't see how I can fit one in. These changes to the way players rise suck btw. Was expecting a lot more double rises than there has been.

Will Dummett start when Santon is back?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Out till November now tho FYI

ya true. I had no intention of ever playing Dummet, but maybe Wisdom is the safer choice. You think the rest of the team is ok?

ya true. I had no intention of ever playing Dummet, but maybe Wisdom is the safer choice. You think the rest of the team is ok?

If Santon is out until November, I'd definitely go with Dummett.

Have you the change to swap Forster for Lloris and Dier for Clyne?

If Santon is out until November, I'd definitely go with Dummett.

Have you the change to swap Forster for Lloris and Dier for Clyne?

Unfortunately no. I like Southamptons fixtures though. I can see Forster getting some clean sheets in the next few weeks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Will Dier keep his place?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

F1ngers wrote: »

I'd say he'll move to right back with Naughton being suspended and Walker still out.

F1ngers wrote: »

50/50 I'd say. If he doesn't, I will grab Fernandez from Swansea.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Is Rosenior likely to start? Would bring him in for O Shea if he's going to play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

Wont leave me log in:mad:

Advertisement