Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Lemlin wrote: »
    What do you mean by "traded"?

I assume he means as part of the Jordan Rhodes deal with Blackburn

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I assume he means as part of the Jordan Rhodes deal with Blackburn

Just caught up on that now. I'd imagine Rhodes will come in at 6 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

davies out yoshida in.. giving lamela another shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Took out Steven Fletcher and threw in Berahino. I think this guy could have a good season. He showed glimpses of brilliance last season and he was very good last weekend. He has decent fixtures coming up too too, although the Samaras signing is a worry. Worth the risk though, happy with the rest of my team. Got 78 in GW1. Currently in 6,795, my highest ever position. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

What do you mean by "traded"?

Go home yank, that's my field:P

• Advertisement

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    davies out yoshida in.. giving lamela another shot
    Advice if it's not too late. You're likely to only get tomorrow out of Yoshida, that new lad Gardos will have that spot next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Go home yank, that's my field:P

Always captain the Bull McCabe :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

So do i bank my transfer or flog Giroud? All of my other players fine

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

I have been running a league for a few years, about twenty of us, and rarely go past mid table, any advice or pointers would be appreciated.

Have GK Howard. D Fonte, Lovren, Terry, Kolorov. M Sigordsen, M*ta:), Fab, Herrera, Sidwell. F Costa, Long, Giroud.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Have my FT used since last weekend, Is it worth shipping out Fletcher for another striker for a hit?

• Advertisement

twam2008 wrote: »
    I have been running a league for a few years, about twenty of us, and rarely go past mid table, any advice or pointers would be appreciated.

Have GK Howard. D Fonte, Lovren, Terry, Kolorov. M Sigordsen, M*ta:), Fab, Herrera, Sidwell. F Costa, Long, Giroud.

Way too much spent on defence, keep Terry and gradually replace the other three with 4.5m options. This will allow you to bring in some big attacking point players. Think along the lines of Eriksen or Ramsey for Herrara, upgrade Long. If I had that team I'd wildcard but it's late on a friday evening for that.
    If you are serious about winning that league follow this forum (spend 10 or 15 minutes here most days) and I guarantee you will improve your own score wholesale, don't know how good your friends are:P
    Good Luck

Way too much spent on defence, keep Terry and gradually replace the other three with 4.5m options. This will allow you to bring in some big attacking point players. Think along the lines of Eriksen or Ramsey for Herrara, upgrade Long. If I had that team I'd wildcard but it's late on a friday evening for that.
    If you are serious about winning that league follow this forum (spend 10 or 15 minutes here most days) and I guarantee you will improve your own score wholesale, don't know how good your friends are:P
    Good Luck

Thanks, that's exactly the kind of advice I was looking to hear, would never have thought of not worrying about defence, but given the points, that simple change makes complete sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Big Borg wrote: »
    Bruce has been traded. Not showing on website yet.

OK so Bruce looks to be heading to Blackburn, any £4m defenders you folks would suggest as a replacement?

Also, I'm assuming he won't be playing this weekend for Hull if he's getting shunted soon so would have to end up using GW1 FT on him.

Thanks for mentioning the move Borg, I probably wouldn't have twigged it only I saw your post on here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I dunno if anyone was mad enough, but if any of you bought Rojo, he can't play against Sunderland because of a work permit issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Carrickature

Already have Sigurdsson, Fabregas and Costa. Am thinking of whether Mata for Sterling is worth doing now or giving it another week?

Last season every time I took Mata out he did something so I'm thinking he deserves another shot. Especially with Pool at City.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Is Giroud injured lads??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Might ship Macbeth(a) to Ramsey and back again next week.
    He's going down tonight and I dislike losing 0.1.

Am I mad?

Itchy finger here...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Is Giroud injured lads??

Not that I can see, there's newspaper reports of him being part of a deal with PSG to bring Cavani to Arsenal though.

Also, to anyone who has Herrera in their lineup, he's out injured for the Sunderland game.

I have taken advice on board, and made the extremely rash decision of using the wildcard, please do not criticise my team at this point, as there is f*ck all I can do about it.

GK Howard. D. Clyne, Chester, Dier, Vlaar, Robertson. M. Sterling, Sig, Pienaar, Fab, Mata. F. Long, Costa. Sturridge.

I decided to gamble on Mata, he could go next week. And decided to stick with Long, hunch. Sold Terry so I could afford Sturridge. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Carrickature

twam2008 wrote: »
    I have taken advice on board, and made the extremely rash decision of using the wildcard, please do not criticise my team at this point, as there is f*ck all I can do about it.

GK Howard. D. Clyne, Chester, Dier, Vlaar, Robertson. M. Sterling, Sig, Pienaar, Fab, Mata. F. Long, Costa. Sturridge.

I decided to gamble on Mata, he could go next week. And decided to stick with Long, hunch. Sold Terry so I could afford Sturridge. Thanks again.

Not a bad side. Would go Rooney over Sturridge this week but with Mata you're covering the United angle in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I have taken out a 9 million midfielder from Utd and brought in hazard. Hazard is 5/4 for anytime goal with the other lad 9/4 that was more or less my take on the merits of the two of them for this week. Quite possible Ill reverse this move next as i wont want 3 chelsea attackers away at everton.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

Advice if it's not too late. You're likely to only get tomorrow out of Yoshida, that new lad Gardos will have that spot next week.

yeah i know but im banking on a saints cleanie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

So if Bruce is moving to the championship what exactly does mean for the game? Do we get another transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

So if Bruce is moving to the championship what exactly does mean for the game? Do we get another transfer?

Nope it's just tough luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

F1ngers wrote: »

Am I mad?

The Spaniard not guaranteed to drop, although it's probable.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

F1ngers wrote: »

Am I mad?

FHFC wrote: »
    The Spaniard not guaranteed to drop, although it's probable.

Logged out - transfer banked.

He will definitely before he plays on sunday.
    If he doesn't drop tonight I can assess Ramsey tomorrow today and make a decision then.

Predicted lineups seem to concur that Wilson will make way already. Thought I'd get a couple of weeks out of him at least.

Leaves my threadbare defence even more threadbare at Coloccini, Hutton and Caulker, unless in play van Aanholt v RVP!

Tempted by a hit to do Wilson to Clyne as both a long term move and a decent punt on a Saints CS to cover the hit?

Clean sheet odds.
    Saints 6/4
    QPR 11/2
    Stoke 2/1
    Villa 2/1
    Newcastle 12/5
    Sunderland 4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    Predicted lineups seem to concur that Wilson will make way already. Thought I'd get a couple of weeks out of him at least.

Leaves my threadbare defence even more threadbare at Coloccini, Hutton and Caulker, unless in play van Aanholt v RVP!

Tempted by a hit to do Wilson to Clyne as both a long term move and a decent punt on a Saints CS to cover the hit?

Clean sheet odds.
    Saints 6/4
    QPR 11/2
    Stoke 2/1
    Villa 2/1
    Newcastle 12/5
    Sunderland 4/1

I'm fielding Coloccini, Terry and one of Caulker/van Aanholt. Have Caulker playing at the minute due to increased goal threat.

I wouldn't take a hit for a defender. You have 4 decent defenders to pick from. Who would have expected the Villa or Hull clean sheets last week whereas the expected clean sheets didn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Quick one - bringing in a budget midfielder. He won't start this week but wouldn't mind rotating in very so often for my cheap striker's (Fletcher atm) weaker fixtures. I have 6m but obviously won't be spending that.

Option 1 - Spend 5m on Ward Prowse. I think he's excellent value and has great fixtures. Can rack up decent scores imo, but the dilemma is leaving him on the bench this week when he has west brom at home so the risk is obvious. I'll probably end up with points on the bench a lot.

Option 2 - Spend 4.5m on either Marney or Wanywama.

I'll still have 1m in the bank if I go with Ward Prowse. My heart is telling me to go with Ward Prowse because I think he can do well, but my head is saying go with the 4.5m option because most of the time will be spent on the bench, saves 0.5m and will avoid the heartache of having big scores on the bench.

Tl;dr - Ward Prowse or Wanyama/Marney for sub midfielder spot?

• Advertisement

I'm fielding Coloccini, Terry and one of Caulker/van Aanholt. Have Caulker playing at the minute due to increased goal threat.

I wouldn't take a hit for a defender. You have 4 decent defenders to pick from. Who would have expected the Villa or Hull clean sheets last week whereas the expected clean sheets didn't happen.

I've never really got this "don't ever take a hit for a defender" rule a lot of people seem to adhere to.

My logic would be that if you need to change your defence and in a particular GW the player you want to bring in long or at least medium term is almost 4 times more likely for a CS than the player you would otherwise have to play, then those are good odds that you can effectively turn a second FT. Did it successfully a couple of times last year and didn't a couple of times I should have.

Would agree fully that it's not worth it for a one week punt, but to try and expedite a planned and necessary change?

Not necessarily disagreeing with your points, especially re unpredictability of clean sheets, but curious as to where the blanket reluctance on hits for defenders comes from.

Advertisement