Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CAMPUS ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭blackkeyes

9bred4 wrote: »
    Am.... same? :o

(Im not really, my bad!)

Janey you're fair confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gryffindora

Did everyone on the accommodation lottery list get an email? Getting kind of worried now haha!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

If anyone here gets Mullin 3, please look after it, it holds a special place in my heart still <3<3<3

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

deise_girl wrote: »
    If anyone here gets Mullin 3, please look after it, it holds a special place in my heart still <3<3<3

I lived there too! Does E still have the list of the 09 residents?

I lived there too! Does E still have the list of the 09 residents?

Aww when did you live there? It does indeed haha we were trying to find the people on FB one night tbh, but didnt work out..

Would also love to know who wrote the fabulous message on one of the bathroom bins about someone on their first night out, its hilarious coz by chance it happened to one of us too!!

• Advertisement

Aww when did you live there? It does indeed haha we were trying to find the people on FB one night tbh, but didnt work out..

Would also love to know who wrote the fabulous message on one of the bathroom bins about someone on their first night out, its hilarious coz by chance it happened to one of us too!!

I could link you to all of them! I was already friends with them when I moved in! I was there 10/11. I don't think I know anything about the bin but what did it say? Unfortunately the drawn on TV is gone! E has some horrible stories which were all told to me when it became my room!

I could link you to all of them! I was already friends with them when I moved in! I was there 10/11. I don't think I know anything about the bin but what did it say? Unfortunately the drawn on TV is gone! E has some horrible stories which were all told to me when it became my room!

Hahahaha well its not that important lol, we thought they might have been the 12/13 year!
    The bin had a note on it saying the first night one of the people in the house went out they, ermm were rather intoxicated, and "caught a stomach bug" before wetting themselves in their sleep!
    Same thing happened in our first this year hahaha!

Yea there was no marks of a tv :( I rather liked the burnt woods marks on the presses by the cooker though! Not sure how 2 presses over could have gotten scorched but anyway!

Actually have such ridiculous memories in that place, the fire alarms going off, broken window handles and my favourite when the whole bathroom,corridor, and a bit of room B used to flood coz the drain in the shower was so clogged :)

Hahahaha well its not that important lol, we thought they might have been the 12/13 year!
    The bin had a note on it saying the first night one of the people in the house went out they, ermm were rather intoxicated, and "caught a stomach bug" before wetting themselves in their sleep!
    Same thing happened in our first this year hahaha!

Yea there was no marks of a tv :( I rather liked the burnt woods marks on the presses by the cooker though! Not sure how 2 presses over could have gotten scorched but anyway!

Actually have such ridiculous memories in that place, the fire alarms going off, broken window handles and my favourite when the whole bathroom,corridor, and a bit of room B used to flood coz the drain in the shower was so clogged :)

Ooooh, that was Patsy in 09! How did I not know about the note?! One of the many E stories! The scorch marks were 09's fault too. They were quite the lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭miissjuly

Guys do we pay the deposit and the rent for 1st semester all together by the 29th? Do they think everyone belongs to rich-a** families? Im so confused :/

• Registered Users Posts: 18 k_Rattigan

miissjuly wrote: »
    Guys do we pay the deposit and the rent for 1st semester all together by the 29th? Do they think everyone belongs to rich-a** families? Im so confused :/

If you go onto the online payment system, it says that the deposit has to be paid by the 23rd (tomorrow) and the 1st semester had to be paid by the 29th...
    & yeah, these 2 payments are WAY too close together!:/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

k_Rattigan wrote: »
    If you go onto the online payment system, it says that the deposit has to be paid by the 23rd (tomorrow) and the 1st semester had to be paid by the 29th...
    & yeah, these 2 payments are WAY too close together!:/

They are, but if you're experiencing difficulties in getting together all the money, maybe give the residence office a shout and see if they can maybe set up a payment plan?

On the bright side its not the full years rent due, just deposit and first semester :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭blackkeyes

miissjuly wrote: »

It's such a pain. My dad is stressing out getting the money together right now.
    But yeah, ring them up because there's what he did and I think they were very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭BauBau19

Regarding the student contribution fee and the student levy. I was told by phone that we have until the end of October ? Would that be correct ?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ItsJustLaura

Wait.. So we have to pay deposit by tomorrow? I still haven't got my email about the accommodation yet!

Wait.. So we have to pay deposit by tomorrow? I still haven't got my email about the accommodation yet!

Oh, maybe that's just for those with the email so!:P

k_Rattigan wrote: »
    Oh, maybe that's just for those with the email so!:P

I'm really worrying.. I hope I get my email today!!

I'm really worrying.. I hope I get my email today!!

ah there is no need to worry:).. i probably got my email before you because i got the scholarship:P..
    & there is probably a delay in the system:3

BauBau19 wrote: »
    Regarding the student contribution fee and the student levy. I was told by phone that we have until the end of October ? Would that be correct ?

i have no idea in regards to college fees at all!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

So from what I gather it goes as follows.

Pay deposit by 24th (mine was 24th not 23rd)
    Pay Rent for semester 1 by 29th
    Pay fees due to grant not being in
    Something about a student levy

This will amount to about 2-3 grand by the 1st September. Bit short notice isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Sam2334

I got the entrance scholarship thing also and still no email, what do you have to pay by the 24th?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭LaughingOwl

Anyone else having trouble with the TCAS online?

This will amount to about 2-3 grand by the 1st September. Bit short notice isn't it?

From what I know the Levy and the contribution fee are to be paid by the 29th of October ?

If you're getting a grant you won't have to pay the student contribution. You'll just need to show evidence to the fees office a letter of confirmation from SUSI

The accommodation office are also good at helping you spread out the payments if you can't afford it in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭miissjuly

Anybody in Village Riordan?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 davidmaguire_

Anybody in Boyle (River)?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Nurgle_94

I'm in foyle 4, anyone else in foyle in general?

So happy after a year of commuting everyday from Carlow :/ no more 6am mornings 5 days a week :L

Nurgle_94 wrote: »
    I'm in foyle 4, anyone else in foyle in general?

So happy after a year of commuting everyday from Carlow :/ no more 6am mornings 5 days a week :L

That's just crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Nurgle_94

BauBau19 wrote: »
    That's just crazy.

Ah well, lots of time to get to know Jim.
    Anyone that's travelled the Carlow to maynooth line with jj kavanaghs knows what a colourful character he is :L and even better when you get to sorta know him. :L

I'm still waiting for my email from on campus accommodation. Anyone else still waiting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭LaughingOwl

How do you see where you're staying?

Advertisement