Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French politician angered by veiled Muslim at beach

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

woodoo wrote: »

Serving Pork, a bit more specific than "non halal".

Secondly

"Speaking exclusively to the Huffington Post UK, the girl’s parents, Zahid and Rumana Darr, claim that there had been repeated accusations against the dinner lady, both by Muslim and vegetarian parents, and that neither they nor their daughter should be blamed for the subsequent sacking.

"This time, as a result of the previous discussions, we were asked by the headteacher to come in and discuss the [latest] incident and speak on behalf of the other concerned Muslim parents. That's where the meeting came from. We didn't ask for it. An email about it was sent out to all the parents."
    The Darrs also told HuffPost UK that "vegetarian parents [at the school] had complained in the past too, about meat being fed to their children."
    In an interview with the Cambridge News on Wednesday, headteacher Caroline Peet confirmed that the incident was “not a one-off” and had been treated seriously “due to the significant number of children involved”.

The Darrs say they never made a specific complaint about the dinner lady, nor did they ask for her to be sacked. "We just wanted to make sure that it didn't happen again," said Mrs Darr. "I told the school: 'We don't expect you to serve halal to our children, we're happy with the vegetarian option, but if you do serve halal, we want to make sure it is done right.'"

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/08/02/alison-waldock-row-muslim-parents-speak_n_3694477.html

That is the deference this religion gets.

As shown above, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Nodin wrote: »
    Serving Pork, a bit more specific than "non halal".

Secondly

"Speaking exclusively to the Huffington Post UK, the girl’s parents, Zahid and Rumana Darr, claim that there had been repeated accusations against the dinner lady, both by Muslim and vegetarian parents, and that neither they nor their daughter should be blamed for the subsequent sacking.

"This time, as a result of the previous discussions, we were asked by the headteacher to come in and discuss the [latest] incident and speak on behalf of the other concerned Muslim parents. That's where the meeting came from. We didn't ask for it. An email about it was sent out to all the parents."
    The Darrs also told HuffPost UK that "vegetarian parents [at the school] had complained in the past too, about meat being fed to their children."
    In an interview with the Cambridge News on Wednesday, headteacher Caroline Peet confirmed that the incident was “not a one-off” and had been treated seriously “due to the significant number of children involved”.

The Darrs say they never made a specific complaint about the dinner lady, nor did they ask for her to be sacked. "We just wanted to make sure that it didn't happen again," said Mrs Darr. "I told the school: 'We don't expect you to serve halal to our children, we're happy with the vegetarian option, but if you do serve halal, we want to make sure it is done right.'"

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/08/02/alison-waldock-row-muslim-parents-speak_n_3694477.html

That post does nothing to counter my point regarding the deference and over-sensitivity afforded to Muslims. Anyway i'm not going to waste my time debating with you when you just can't be wrong. It gets very boring having to respond as you move goal posts and troll people, then run off to the mods to report people and get them carded where possible. I've been down that road before.

That post does nothing to counter my point regarding the deference and over-sensitivity afforded to Muslims........

We'll try that again.

we were asked by the headteacher to come in and discuss the [latest] incident and speak on behalf of the other concerned Muslim parents. That's where the meeting came from. We didn't ask for it. An email about it was sent out to all the parents

Note the plural. Note that the headteacher asked them in.

Vegetarians - unless you've information they're a sect of Islam, I'll presume that they are as I always thought, people who don't eat meat. Again, notice the reference to numbers of incidents and children affected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Nodin wrote: »
    We'll try that again.

Sorry nodin you are back on ignore now. You are too insufferable. That woman would not have been sacked if it was only feeding meat to vegetarians it was when she fed Muslims pork that the **** hits the fan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

crazyderk wrote: »
    http://english.alarabiya.net/en/life-style/art-and-culture/2014/08/19/Nadine-Morano-.html

I'm not sure how I feel about this, on one hand if you immigrate to a country you should integrate to that countries traditions

I don't agree with this. Integration should be optional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Well. Can I wear a bikini in Saudi Arabia? NO.

Can a Muslim wear a horrible Burka here? YES.

Should be a quid pro quo at least.

Yeah, let's turn our societies into restrictive authoritarian regimes with rules about what you can and can't wear, just like Saudi Arabia. That'll learn 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,256 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'm talking about the ridiculous sensitivity to their ways, so much so that a dinner lady in England was sacked because she accidentally served Muslim children non halal food.

Perhaps I'm missing something here but, having read the article, she was sacked by a Christian and then the Muslim community stood up and backed her up, saying mistakes happen.
    British Muslim groups said sacking her was "heavy-handed" and an "overreaction".

Inayat Buglawala of Campaign Muslim4UK said: "Mistakes occasionally happen. I'm sure the overwhelming majority of Muslim parents would be understanding.

"Dismissing a dinner lady for inadvertently serving pig meat is an overreaction.

"The most sensible way to rectify such mistakes is to improve awareness of the pupils' dietary requirements while apologising to the pupils and their parents."

Which religion are you saying acted with ridiculous sensitivity?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Sorry nodin you are back on ignore now. You are too insufferable. That woman would not have been sacked if it was only feeding meat to vegetarians it was when she fed Muslims pork that the **** hits the fan.

Isn't "ignore" so convenient when one has been proven incorrect?

As now established she was serving the wrong food to muslims and vegetarians and there had been multiple complaints. It's not hard to imagine that fear of an allergic reaction is what caused her sacking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I don't agree with this. Integration should be optional.

I would oppose that. lack of integration will lead to a fractured society of different values and norms. It would lead to isolation of communities and eventually fear or racism would set in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,256 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I would oppose that. lack of integration will lead to a fractured society of different values and norms. It would lead to isolation of communities and eventually fear or racism would set in.

There's a difference between integrating and conforming.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

There's a difference between integrating and conforming.

Never said there was not.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭geret

The Belgian minister pulled the illegal veil off a Saudi princess

it's a pity she didn't bother' familiarising herself with the law before travelling

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭FifaPlaya

Yeah, let's turn our societies into restrictive authoritarian regimes with rules about what you can and can't wear, just like Saudi Arabia. That'll learn 'em.

You can't really compare Saudi Arabia and France as one is an Absolute Monarchy where the kings and princes make the rules and the other is a democratic state

geret wrote: »

it's a pity she didn't bother' familiarising herself with the law before travelling

The majority of the women of the saudi royal family don't even wear headscarfs. Search it on google

FifaPlaya wrote: »
    The majority of the women of the saudi royal family don't even wear headscarfs. Search it on google

and?

this woman wore hers to belgium

and?

this woman wore hers to belgium

Was she really from the royal family? Then prove it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

So he took the law into his own hands, and didn't contact the police, and basically assaulted the Woman. Last time I checked vigilanty justice is also illegal in Belgium.

Was she really from the royal family? Then prove it

how can I if I can't identify her because she has her face covered
    wes wrote: »
    So he took the law into his own hands, and didn't contact the police, and basically assaulted the Woman. Last time I checked vigilanty justice is also illegal in Belgium.
    yes, he has admitted what he did was illegal and will be taking his punishment, but thanks for checking.

how can I if I can't identify her because she has her face covered

yes, he has admitted what he did was illegal and will be taking his punishment, but thanks for checking.

When i mean proof i mean a link to back up ur point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I'm completely in favour of the ban of Burqas, on grounds of security... and to an extent, ridding this degrading 'practice' of women. Think a lot of Muslim women that 'want' to wear it are brainwashed...

If they want to wear something, they can use a Hijab - least then you can see the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I dont see the problem with them covering there face in veils. However they should have to uncover them when the rest of us also have to have our faces uncovered such as on our passport photos or when appearing before a court of law or when requested to by the police.

Other than that though let them crack on.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭irish gent

Better then sun block and cheaper, if you can get away with it lol.

I dont see the problem with them covering there face in veils. However they should have to uncover them when the rest of us also have to have our faces uncovered such as on our passport photos or when appearing before a court of law or when requested to by the police.

Other than that though let them crack on.

The majority of the women would agree to that only for identification

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

The majority of the women would agree to that only for identification

They should be required to do it if there are safety concerns as well.

BeerWolf wrote: »
    I'm completely in favour of the ban of Burqas, on grounds of security... and to an extent, ridding this degrading 'practice' of women. Think a lot of Muslim women that 'want' to wear it are brainwashed...

If they want to wear something, they can use a Hijab - least then you can see the face.

It's a matter of personal choice just as people dress like anime charachters everyday in public.

Belgium diplomat arrested for pulling veil from Qatari princess

http: //dev.arabianbusiness.com/belgium-diplomat-arrested-for-pulling-veil-from-qatari-princess-561968.html

last night they reporting Saudi, today Quatari, but it cold have been mary from down the road..full veils would still be illegal

They should be required to do it if there are safety concerns as well.

I agree

Belgium diplomat arrested for pulling veil from Qatari princess

http: //dev.arabianbusiness.com/belgium-diplomat-arrested-for-pulling-veil-from-qatari-princess-561968.html

last night they reporting Saudi, today Quatari, but it could have been mary from down the road..full veils would still be illegal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭KungPao

I'm in favour of a law to prohibit bikini tops on the beach, for err, security reasons. They could be hiding oh I dunno, a bomb in there. You never know.

Advertisement