Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HaloThere

any tips for speeding the process up? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Well hello there degree... you're looking well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

You know where it says username/id, is that your "micstudent\131..." or just "131...?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

buyer95 wrote: »
    You know where it says username/id, is that your "micstudent\131..." or just "131...?"

just the 131 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Got in, passed all of them thank God. Second year come at me bruh.

Side note, I think I cost myself a few grades by poor attendance, not sure, but I think thats what this means?
    Session To-Date
    Att Hrs 30.00 60.00
    Cred Hours 30.00 60.00
    |Non-Q hours 6.00 15.00
    QCS 60.60 121.80

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭CailinGaillimh

WOOHOO hello there degree, I've been waiting for you!

Knew my award by 10am...Didn't physically get my results until after 1 today.. Something needs to be sorted :(

Now to wait to hear about the PME...

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭kittycati

kevin12345 wrote: »
    It says I failed one module, which assessment was a reflective journal. I'm genuinely shocked I felt I did extremely well in that assignment. I'll get it rechecked but I'd say it's pointless is it? Genuinely feel I should have at least passed.

Never pointless. Get a recheck. In the past I've heard of loads of people who have actually come up a few grades. You can view your scripts to see first, but definitely get recheck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

No repeats and I managed to improve the QCA by 0.01, noice :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

kittycati wrote: »
    Never pointless. Get a recheck. In the past I've heard of loads of people who have actually come up a few grades. You can view your scripts to see first, but definitely get recheck.

Thanks very much for the reply. I've shown a few people in second year my essay and they agreed it should definitely not have been a fail so hopefully it's brought up! Got on really great in everything else so it's just annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭kittycati

kevin12345 wrote: »
    Thanks very much for the reply. I've shown a few people in second year my essay and they agreed it should definitely not have been a fail so hopefully it's brought up! Got on really great in everything else so it's just annoying!

Chin up sure! Nothing to lose in getting a recheck. Mistakes can easily happen especially when you think of the amount of scripts they get in one go! !

• Advertisement

I'm sure the answer is already in this thread, but can anyone tell me the library summer hours? I checked out the website but it only goes as far as May.

Another thing, maybe I missed it or something but I didn't know there would be after tickets only on sale. I bought a full one cos I thought a ticket was a ticket. Did everyone else know you could get just the afters one, am I slow to the party? :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I'm sure the answer is already in this thread, but can anyone tell me the library summer hours? I checked out the website but it only goes as far as May.

Just had a look on the website and the hours are now up
    http://www.mic.ul.ie/library/Pages/SummerOpeningHours.aspx

Library Summer Opening Hours from 19th May - 7 Sept. 2014

Mon - Thur 9am - 5pm
    Fri. 9am - 4.45pm
    Sat and Sun - Closed

Closed Mon. 2nd June and Mon. 4th August

No idea about the tickets though!

Did anyone here to beginners French to degree? Did they throw you in with advanced in second year to save running an extra group?

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Just had a look on the website and the hours are now up
    http://www.mic.ul.ie/library/Pages/SummerOpeningHours.aspx

How the hell did I miss THAT?! How I got this degree is beyond me. :)

Thanks!

Is the start of term the second week in September?

Is there a later date for registration in 2nd year? I think last year was the end of the first week (which is so unbelievably stupid I don't know where to start..20e to change a subject???)

Anyway, me and the gf are both financial strapped and need to figure it all about before locking anything in subject wise.

Is there a later date for registration in 2nd year? I think last year was the end of the first week (which is so unbelievably stupid I don't know where to start..20e to change a subject???)

Its the same for all years.

What I would recommend is sitting in on all the lectures for all the subjects you are interested in for the first week. You should get some feel for which subjects and coursework you would be most interested in.

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Its the same for all years.

What I would recommend is sitting in on all the lectures for all the subjects you are interested in for the first week. You should get some feel for which subjects and coursework you would be most interested in.

I figured I might do French but one week isn't enough time to figure out all the Erasmus options. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Any suggestions for accommodation for a first year (female)?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Any suggestions for accommodation for a first year (female)?

City Campus....most first years go there and it's lethal craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Anyone had any success with paying the fees online? I filled in all the details and all that jazz and when I click to confirm everything and allow them take the money from me the site crashes ala exam results time :P

Edit: Now the "MIC Financial Registration" tab is gone and it appears I haven't paid my fees...oh wait
    Please be advised that we are currently unable to process payments via the VIEW YOUR FINANCIAL STATEMENT screen due to technical difficulties. However you can still complete YOUR FINANCIAL REGISTRATION and return to make payments at a later date. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I presume standard issues or some shiz

• Registered Users Posts: 5 care_bear

Is there no days off for graduation this year? I just looked at the academic timetable and the days aren't marked as being off lectures. Is graduation at a different time this year, am I right in thinking it's usually before the bank holiday at the end of October? The campus would be crazy with students and visitors for the day :O

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I'd imagine there are no lectures on the Thursday and Friday. It wouldn't really be possible with parking, closure of the canteen, lectures not being present, etc.

Does anyone know when RAG week will be this year? Or Charity Week or whatever you want to call it :)

iirc it was week 3 of second semester last year, is it likely to be the same again?

It seems like this year will be another quiet one for the Mary I forum here :/

I've been talking to my Arts friends recently and we commented how the SU is really helpful when it comes to putting up job opportunities for the B.Eds but rarely (if ever) is there anything for the Arts graduates. I was wondering if there was a reason for this or...? Like, is the thinking behind it 'Sure their course is so broad so let them use Monster.ie etc.'?

I've graduated (no job so far :() so I don't want to get into an Arts vs. B.eds debate because its pointless but at times it has been obvious that the college is hugely biased towards the teachers. I've heard the rumours for the past few years that they were trying to make it a strictly teaching college but surely while it is still teaching Arts then there should be some love (:p) thrown the Arts way?

I've been talking to my Arts friends recently and we commented how the SU is really helpful when it comes to putting up job opportunities for the B.Eds but rarely (if ever) is there anything for the Arts graduates. I was wondering if there was a reason for this or...? Like, is the thinking behind it 'Sure their course is so broad so let them use Monster.ie etc.'?

I've graduated (no job so far :() so I don't want to get into an Arts vs. B.eds debate because its pointless but at times it has been obvious that the college is hugely biased towards the teachers. I've heard the rumours for the past few years that they were trying to make it a strictly teaching college but surely while it is still teaching Arts then there should be some love (:p) thrown the Arts way?

I've noticed it too (as an ECCE). To be fair to Johanna & Elaine & the rest of the SU last year, the bridge between Arts/ECCE/B.Ed didn't seem *as* evident as it had been.. but the jobs thing is a definite gap!
    A lecturer mentioned Eclipse to us but I'm not sure if it's a college wide thing. If you go to Moodle (I think) you can register for it as a graduate and job postings are put up there :-)

I'll clarify where to access it tomorrow, I know I've it written down somewhere!

As a BA I've seen that alright too, the majority of the focus seems to be on the B.Ed's with Arts or ECCE getting the odd mention.

Hard to believe Liberal Arts is down to 325 now, having been around 400 five or so years ago. Pretty steep drop, I wonder what the future holds?

• Advertisement

131spanner wrote: »

Hard to believe Liberal Arts is down to 325 now, having been around 400 five or so years ago. Pretty steep drop, I wonder what the future holds?

Was thinking that earlier alright! Some drop, but that could be just the reflection of people putting BA down on the cao forms rather than some other ulterior motive!

On another note; do BA grads have the option to do the h.dip through mary i or do they have to go to UL or wherever?

Advertisement