Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The bus from Punches goes via town to UL nowadays!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Does the library open these days?

Yup! Opens from 9-5 Monday to Friday.

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep MISU Office

I don't think it's the SU who to blame on this! Mind, I came to Mary I thinking that there was some sort of service to get to and from UL directly.. I learned the hard way!

Thanks CailinGaillimh :-)

Indeed there was a bus run to UL a few evenings a week a (good) few years back, this was run at a stage when the UL arena levy was paid by all students in MIC which allowed you use of the arena at the same rates as UL Students. The Levy came up for renewal in a referendum and through majority vote by students the Levy was scrapped, the buses were no longer viable as they were only in use by a handful of students. The bus issue has been re-visited from time to time but it always ultimately comes down to cost of hiring buses versus volume of service users coupled with the fact that the University is served by the main city bus line which runs from the City centre.

Hope this fills in a bit of the back story about the UL bus situation, any other info feel free to ask :-)

Does anybody have any insights into the history programme post-first year? Is it enjoyable or does some of it drag, all things being equal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Does anybody have any insights into the history programme post-first year? Is it enjoyable or does some of it drag, all things being equal?

Good for you. Not letting the unexpected pregnancy get in the way of your education.:D

buyer95 wrote: »
    Good for you. Not letting the unexpected pregnancy get in the way of your education.:D

This is the 21st century. There are supports in place :D

What dates are the repeats held? Booking lads holiday tomorrow for august 10-19, dont envisage failing anything but you never know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

What dates are the repeats held? Booking lads holiday tomorrow for august 10-19, dont envisage failing anything but you never know!

Last week in August. So, 25-29th.

Friend just changed her webmail password and cant remember it. How does she change it? Thanks :)

• Advertisement

Name and ID to pinreset@mic.ul.ie

Name and ID to pinreset@mic.ul.ie

Thank you, wise one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HaloThere

For anyone who needs books for the coming year unibooks.ie has a mary i section now!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

What time are results out in the morning guys? Am I right to assume 9am?

Best of luck by the way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭CailinGaillimh

There's no time on the webpage so I'm assuming 9 is right :)

What are the odds the site will crash again tomorrow lads? Almost guaranteed I would guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

What are the odds the site will crash again tomorrow lads? Almost guaranteed I would guess.

A safe bet that it will :o

For the Christmas exams I only got to log in at 5 that afternoon :D

I resigned myself to the fact that I probably won't get them until after lunch after trying to get results after Christmas. ...

Yep, 9am... but assume to get onto the actual results page at 2pm :D

The joy of finally getting online at christmas far outweighed the joy of the results :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭kittycati

Despite knowing that, bet most people will still try at 9! Best of luck to everyone tomorrow :)

I'm never too stressed about getting my results but I've had butterflies in my stomach all day... :o

Yep, 9am... but assume to get onto the actual results page at 2pm :D

Seeing they've been generated since at least Friday adds salt to the wound!

Good luck to everyone getting results!

I can't wait! It seems so long since I handed up the FYP that I just want to find out what I got! :D

For any eager beavers out there, I know a few people from UL who've managed to access their results since midnight. Mine are still hiding, but it may be worth a look for anyone who's up? Just in case?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HaloThere

no results up yet...mary i are an absolute joke!

All of this 'omg #sosurprised I passed first year' is really irritating. If you are genuinely surprised you passed first year then you need to reassess your options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

It says I failed one module, which assessment was a reflective journal. I'm genuinely shocked I felt I did extremely well in that assignment. I'll get it rechecked but I'd say it's pointless is it? Genuinely feel I should have at least passed.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Woohoo I passed my degree - delighted!!!

• Advertisement

I was lucky to get on straight away this morning but I've honestly taken dumps with more server capabilities than MaryI.

Advertisement