Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

intake 5.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

Congrats to all you guys that have got "the call". The waiting doesn't get any easier now either haha. Before ya know it you will just want to be started :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 StanSmith

How much time are you given between receiving the call and your start date? Approx. obviously because you can't release the exact dates. Is it only a matter of weeks or is it say closer to 2 months? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 StanSmith

and well done to those who got the call, hope to be at your stage soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

Still hasn't sunk in yet! Congrats to all,, and to those who havnt got the call yet,, it will happen!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 PTR292

I got a call this morning, Im in aswell :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 flipflopfloop

In

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Iop123

What age range is everybody on intake five?

32 when we start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 PTR292

What age range is everybody on intake five?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 rickmar

are we permitted to say what general area we are from in this intake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Dicor12

25 here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Willow89

25 female, call received today. Can't wait!

Received my pack today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭coogie_boogie

Got my pack....woohoo

Hopefully mine will come before i hit the pub!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Grrrrrr insanely jealous but so pleased for you all. Good luck guys and girls, I seriously hope it's everything you've dreamed it would be and more!!! Stay safe and hopefully Jay and I will see you soon with cake lol xxxx

not to fear my dear, you'll get the call Mop just keep your head up. Any other lurkers get the call and want to join this intake thread, please do.

Mop, head up, you're in, it's just a waiting game. Can't imagine how frustrating it must be but when I spoke to hr they were more than helpful so I would say it wouldn't do any harm to give them a call.

Willow89 wrote: »
    Mop, head up, you're in, it's just a waiting game. Can't imagine how frustrating it must be but when I spoke to hr they were more than helpful so I would say it wouldn't do any harm to give them a call.

Already did my lovely, gave them a shout on friday afternoon. Wasnt really worth my while like I thought lol x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Thought it was vetting you called ? :(

Thought it was vetting you called ? :(

They won't put me through. Just HR. Yhey said they can't transfer to vetting. Think they're just saying that though grrrr lol!! Oh well if I don't get in it's their loss :P lmfao!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭221988

Just to check, is it just the one page we have to return at this stage, then bring the rest to induction?

22198, yeah that's what I gather, I've just filled it out for the post tomorrow. I must have read the pack 3 times now, lol

rickmar wrote: »
    22198, yeah that's what I gather, I've just filled it out for the post tomorrow. I must have read the pack 3 times now, lol

ive read it i don't know how many times. Its my chosen literature for my daily "routine"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭coogie_boogie

Just posted my form this morning.

Mop a top wrote: »
    They won't put me through. Just HR. Yhey said they can't transfer to vetting. Think they're just saying that though grrrr lol!! Oh well if I don't get in it's their loss :P lmfao!!!!

u don't need to ask for vetting, i just asked for hr and spoke to them.

rickmar wrote: »

Lol, me too! And i still dont feel like i have enough info! I suppose we will find out all when we get there.

Another thing- i thought we stayed there on the saturday night, i'm right in saying we dont? Lol, i know i'm being a bit silly but just to make sure :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

221988 wrote: »
    Lol, me too! And i still dont feel like i have enough info! I suppose we will find out all when we get there.

Another thing- i thought we stayed there on the saturday night, i'm right in saying we dont? Lol, i know i'm being a bit silly but just to make sure :confused:

I'm not part of your group but no, you don't stay there! Not a silly question though when some people have a really long way to travel. You're right with what you said about info though, you'll certainly find out a LOT when you get there! I would recommend bringing pen and paper actually just to maybe take some notes, I didn't and kinda wish I had just so I had a better record of what went on and what was said. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭marfrig2014

Guys how long was it after the end of the online learning window you got the call offering a place?

I'm not part of your group but no, you don't stay there! Not a silly question though when some people have a really long way to travel. You're right with what you said about info though, you'll certainly find out a LOT when you get there! I would recommend bringing pen and paper actually just to maybe take some notes, I didn't and kinda wish I had just so I had a better record of what went on and what was said. Good luck!

Cheers dutch! Really looking forward to finding out more!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Skip84

Hi, guys got the call last week.
    Has anyone received any information on the HPDS with their packs?
    Does anyone know what the cut off mark for consideration is?

Thanks

Advertisement