Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

intake 5.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

Skip84 wrote: »
    Hi, guys got the call last week.
    Has anyone received any information on the HPDS with their packs?
    Does anyone know what the cut off mark for consideration is?

Thanks

I'm part of intake 4 so I've already been to an induction weekend and there was no mention whatsoever of the HPDS. No one asked about it at ours but don't be afraid to ask any questions you may have to the staff, they were all great and no question was too silly or out of place, I didn't even get laughed at (too much :P) when I asked did the men need an army style skinhead (no, they don't for anyone who would also like to know lol your wives and girlfriends can rest easy!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Skip84

Thanks Dutch,

I was supposed to be part of intake 4, but injured myself playing footie and had to put the pca and medical dates back. It was a nightmare.

When we are actually training do we stay at the college on the weekends or do we get to go home and blow of some steam?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Chicken82

32 year old female. Glad there seem to be quite a few around my age, though I'd be the class Ma! Willow are you and I the only girls so far in here then?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Willow89

Yep seems like it, I'm sure there will be a good amount at the induction. Handed my notice in today, all feels real now!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭221988

Chicken82 wrote: »
    32 year old female. Glad there seem to be quite a few around my age, though I'd be the class Ma! Willow are you and I the only girls so far in here then?

I'm a girl too! Glad to hear of a few more :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Tommy Gunn

Just got the call this morning. What's going on.lol

• Registered Users Posts: 24 rickmar

well done tommy, thats a bit odd on the call today

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Willow89

Has anyone called to confirm the pay yet?

221988 wrote: »
    I'm a girl too! Glad to hear of a few more :-)

Yeah absolutely!! Will look forward to meeting you two at the induction weekend, I'll be the one shaking in the corner lol

Yeah absolutely!! Will look forward to meeting you two at the induction weekend, I'll be the one shaking in the corner lol

I'll be right beside you shaking lol. So scary not having a clue what to expect. I'm excited though, once we get the induction over and done with i think we will feel more at ease!

• Advertisement

I'll be right beside you shaking lol. So scary not having a clue what to expect. I'm excited though, once we get the induction over and done with i think we will feel more at ease!

I hope so!! It's the not knowing so many things, and not knowing a single person there. We're going to spend 22 weeks with total strangers and even live with them for a month!! I keep worrying that you're all going to be a bunch of tossers!!! Lol 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 5 flipflopfloop

How long does it take for the pack to arrive? I got my call last thursday and still have nothing :-(

I hope so!! It's the not knowing so many things, and not knowing a single person there. We're going to spend 22 weeks with total strangers and even live with them for a month!! I keep worrying that you're all going to be a bunch of tossers!!! Lol 😜

Ahahahaha this really made me lol. But i know exactly what you mean! We'll be grand...hopefully lol

How long does it take for the pack to arrive? I got my call last thursday and still have nothing :-(

I got my call on Tuesday and my pack arrived on saturday. If yours doesnt arrive tomorrow maybe give them a call just to check up on it. I'm sure everything is fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 flipflopfloop

Cheers. I'll need to! I assume you have to confirm it all before the induction weekend??

Yeah it says to get the letter sent to them in the next post. It's only one form and the rest gets brought to induction/starting date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 TwentyTwenty

I asked about the pay on my call and she confirmed that as I applied through last years process the pay would remain the same as was stated on the application. Good news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Skip84

Excellent news TwentyTwenty, I dropped them email after email and they haven't been responding.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 PT93

Anyone taking a guest up with them on the first induction day? Don't want to be the only one lol.

PT93 wrote: »
    Anyone taking a guest up with them on the first induction day? Don't want to be the only one lol.

I'm bringin my mummy lol. How childish does that sound?? :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 PT93

I'm bringin my mummy lol. How childish does that sound?? :D:D

Thank god for that cus I'm taking my old man lol :D

Thank god for that cus I'm taking my old man lol :D
    Happy days! :)

My long suffering girlfriend is coming, she wants to see where her 'princess' is going to be staying. I think she's expecting it to be like the Hilton :/

• Registered Users Posts: 24 rickmar

I'm going to bring the wife along for a nosey. Hopefully the 'refurbished' rooms are half decent. As long as they are warm with good wifi I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

rickmar wrote: »
    I'm going to bring the wife along for a nosey. Hopefully the 'refurbished' rooms are half decent. As long as they are warm with good wifi I'll be happy.

I don't actually think they've got around to getting WiFi in the accommodation block rickmar! One of the sergeants at the induction for Intake 4 said it's in the pipeline but they don't know when it'll get done. Seemed like there's plenty of access round the rest of the place though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Sdcharger

the wifi can only be used for course material as well, and wouldn't get the hopes up about the refurbished rooms ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Wifi is just for Course material? Not for stress relief(ehh YouTube etc ha ) ? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Wifi is just for Course material? Not for stress relief(ehh YouTube etc ha ) ? :eek:

Why do you think Fenners got a mankini?!?!? He's dancing twice a week in the bar £5 pay at the door, bargain!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭popolive

Sdcharger wrote: »
    the wifi can only be used for course material as well, and wouldn't get the hopes up about the refurbished rooms ;)

If those are the rules then so be it.

So this means you have to get a 4G enabled phone (whats the best prepaid deals for phone data in NI ?) and can then look up whatever you want , chat with home etc right ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Anyone mind letting me know of gap between call and induction weekend? Pm if you'd rather not say publicly. Cheers!

Advertisement