Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

fartyarse wrote: »
    Pricing error I would say... The Bio version is way more expensive
    This is €1.67 vs €3.65 for the bio version in the same 630ml size.

I'm never sure whether something is a sale price or clearance. This week noticed double-packs of Dove soap - similar to this but green packaging - they were 44c, I think regularly €1.59. Also found Johnsons Baby Bedtime Powder 400g for €1.59. I see the latter is just a sale price but bought a couple as I really like the light fragrance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

If shopping online buy the tesco boneless loin pork chops 600g which are on sale @ €3.29 at the moment. They only weigh 435g as stated on the packet so you will be entitled to a refund! Also for online shoppers the bags of tesco carrots advertised as being 600g are also underweight at only 500g so more refund savings there but only 39cent per pack.

Be aware though if you buy the same items again and they are still grossly underweight tesco will refuse to refund or deal with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Soarer wrote: »
    Qualifies for the double the difference refund.

There is a doubt as to the continuation of this practice. Many stores mention that this policy is withdrawn. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

mac.in wrote: »
    There is a doubt as to the continuation of this practice. Many stores mention that this policy is withdrawn. :confused:

Any time that i have been overcharged the person at the CS desk has tried to refund the difference only, until i point to their "Our Promise" sign that clearly states that they give double the difference. It is a big blue sign and is usually located at the CS desk and by the tills. The staff either genuinely do not know the Tesco policy or they are chancing their arm hoping to get away with refunding the difference only!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

pkkil wrote: »
    what is the Wingman Stuff I cant find it on the tesco site Thanks

Think it's being discontinued. It's a shampoo/shower gel/shave gel combo thing. Not really into it myself. If you're looking for it in Mahon Point, it's opposite the cosmetics.
    chasm wrote: »
    Any time that i have been overcharged the person at the CS desk has tried to refund the difference only, until i point to their "Our Promise" sign that clearly states that they give double the difference. It is a big blue sign and is usually located at the CS desk and by the tills. The staff either genuinely do not know the Tesco policy or they are chancing their arm hoping to get away with refunding the difference only!!

Big blue sign as described behind the CS desk in Mahon Point. From memory, the "double the difference" part is the very last bit of the sign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

Every time I go the cs desk re double the difference, in many different stores, they always give me back just the difference first. When I say it is double the difference it is always a case of oh right!

Now, if I was working at cs desk and genuinely thought it was just the difference and a customer said it was double the difference, the first thing I would do is look at the big blue sign that customer is quoting and apologise or else say i need to check with a manager, I did not know that.

Instead they always give back double when asked for, which leads me to believe that the staff are told to give back just the difference, unless the customer specifically asks for double the difference and as I said this happens in all stores

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Every time I go the cs desk re double the difference, in many different stores, they always give me back just the difference first. When I say it is double the difference it is always a case of oh right!

Now, if I was working at cs desk and genuinely thought it was just the difference and a customer said it was double the difference, the first thing I would do is look at the big blue sign that customer is quoting and apologise or else say i need to check with a manager, I did not know that.

Instead they always give back double when asked for, which leads me to believe that the staff are told to give back just the difference, unless the customer specifically asks for double the difference and as I said this happens in all stores

I've got to agree. This has happened to me before. I had looked at the sign which was just behind the girl at the CS desk and I know she has worked there for a long time to its a flimsy excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Or else they keep the rest them selves! :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Or else they keep the rest them selves! :eek:

Its all accounted for with the receipt they issue- so its certainly not that. I'd say its some instruction from management that they're following.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is their exact policy written down anywhere online? There is a policy statement behind customer service desk but I can't read it.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

vicwatson wrote: »
    Is their exact policy written down anywhere online? There is a policy statement behind customer service desk but I can't read it.....

Its on the wall behind them at the service desk. You are right, it is damn small......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Could you brazenly exploit it?

As in that Wingman stuff. What's to stop me, besides shame, buying the 10 remaining bottles, going through the tills paying the scanned €43.50 instead of the advertised €28, and then heading straight over the to CS desk looking for my €31 refund?

As in that Wingman stuff. What's to stop me, besides shame, buying the 10 remaining bottles, going through the tills paying the scanned €43.50 instead of the advertised €28, and then heading straight over the to CS desk looking for my €31 refund?

Considering they told me over the phone yesterday that if i buy a product which is falsely advertised online again that I have already been refunded for they will not entertain any further claims, they are basically saying they will advertise one price or one weight and actually charge a different price or sell a lower weight!

You could be left spotlessly clean but could be paying far too much for the wingman stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Considering they told me over the phone yesterday that if i buy a product which is falsely advertised online again that I have already been refunded for they will not entertain any further claims, they are basically saying they will advertise one price or one weight and actually charge a different price or sell a lower weight!

You could be left spotlessly clean but could be paying far too much for the wingman stuff.

I think online is different though .

It states in the T&Cs that they are guide prices only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Soarer, the price promise thing is there because it is supposed to act as a balancing act in the consumer's mind against being charged wrong.
    That is, when you go around Tesco picking up loads of items, you really don't have time nor should you have to, go checking everything at the end. So to allay your concerns, Tesco commit that if something is wrong, and you spot it, they give you back double or whatever.

There are thousands of customers a day going to Tesco getting charged wrong prices, I wonder do Tesco discuss in the board room "Could we brazenly just cut back expenditure on our price monitoring controls?"

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

In Carrick on Shannon, on one of the reduced shelves, about 5 left.

Colgate proclinical c600 toothbrush
    RRP 129.99 - Now 31.24

566-5105_PI_TPS1808866-500x500.jpg

Checked a few places online to compare:

Amazon 48.99 pounds

Boots.ie 129.99 euro
    Boots.com/Asda/superdrug 99.99 pound

Tesco direct UK 49.99 pound

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ILoveBargains

Got an outdoor sports set for €11 something today in Stillorgan, there was one left on the shelf. Basketball, swingball, target game and a kicking game, kids loved it

tesco.com/direct/tesco-4-in-1-sports-centre/210-3209.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=210-3209

Also got a crazy golf set for €6.99
    tesco.com/direct/tesco-crazy-golf-set/207-4775.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=207-4775

(Apparently i can't post urls)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,832 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Little Tykes slide reduced to €15

Play sand is 87 cent

ShaneU wrote: »

Play sand is 87 cent

The play sand is handy for refilling inbetween patio stones or cobbles on your drive or garden.

Dry and fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭concubar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

Its all accounted for with the receipt they issue- so its certainly not that. I'd say its some instruction from management that they're following.

Several times Clearwater have refused to give me the refund receipt...

I think online is different though .

It states in the T&Cs that they are guide prices only.

Not any different at all. If they advertise ad charge say €4for 4 kg of something they can't just send out a 3kg pack for the same price and then refuse to refund or take the product back. anything in their termsna dn conditions can not affect your statutory rights.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Not any different at all. If they advertise ad charge say €4for 4 kg of something they can't just send out a 3kg pack for the same price and then refuse to refund or take the product back. anything in their termsna dn conditions can not affect your statutory rights.

But you can get anything refunded with the online service.

Just hand it back to the driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭p225886

ShaneU wrote: »

Play sand is 87 cent

Which store?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Which store?

All stores that have hardware sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

the plum trampoline is now 23 Euro.

it's described as a junior trampoline.

it's a 4 ft trampoline with enclosure, great quality.

most stores have stock of it.

My kids love it, the spent all their holidays in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,143 ✭✭✭✭km79

wmpdd3 wrote: »

it's described as a junior trampoline.

it's a 4 ft trampoline with enclosure, great quality.

most stores have stock of it.

My kids love it, the spent all their holidays in it.

would you mind putting up the link I can't find it online
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ILoveBargains

p225886 wrote: »
    Which store?
    Thanks

Saw the slide and sand in stillorgan on Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    In Carrick on Shannon, on one of the reduced shelves, about 5 left.

Colgate proclinical c600 toothbrush
    RRP 129.99 - Now 31.24

566-5105_PI_TPS1808866-500x500.jpg

Checked a few places online to compare:

Amazon 48.99 pounds

Boots.ie 129.99 euro
    Boots.com/Asda/superdrug 99.99 pound

Tesco direct UK 49.99 pound

if anyone sees these in dublin, please let me know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ash_kay

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Thanks for that.
    Unfortunately, no sign of any in Douglas.

But I did pick up a 900ml bottle of bubble solution for 74c and a skipping rope for 74c (both Tesco branded). There seemed to be a few bits and pieces in that range reduced to less than marked on the shelf.

White SEL on shelf for a Peppa Pig deck chair at <€3 (€2.91, I think) but there were none left.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement