Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers on Tour - is there a doctor in the house?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I need some time off.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

That's so cute! :)
    Also, you have a crutch? What happened to you?

Fractured my foot two weeks ago. Great craic. No cast. Just buddy strapped my toes and a crutch. It's an excellent fashion accessory.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

http://www.breakingnews.ie/discover/hilarious-belfast-family-video-goes-viral-637684.html

I'll just leave this here.

And say that I am currently crying with laughter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

sullivlo wrote: »
    Fractured my foot two weeks ago. Great craic. No cast. Just buddy strapped my toes and a crutch. It's an excellent fashion accessory.
    Ouchie!
    I suppose you can use the crutches to beat your way through the crowds on public transport?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Special place in hell for people who don't give up seats for injured or pregnant people. Absolutely the height of ignorance.

And old people. Pet peeve of mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

I have this weird feeling of being exhausted but restless

noideawhattodowithself.com/allovertheshop

Ouchie!
    I suppose you can use the crutches to beat your way through the crowds on public transport?

Yes. It was incredible in the airport last week! I think I'll put it on my essentials list for travelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I have this weird feeling of being exhausted but restless

noideawhattodowithself.com/allovertheshop

This is me 99% of the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,141 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

It's a bad sign when the other half of your double bed where a person should be, becomes an extension of the bedside cabinet..no fear of anything moving on that side at all :( :pac:

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    It's a bad sign when the other half of your double bed where a person should be, becomes an extension of the bedside cabinet..no fear of anything moving on that side at all :( :pac:

What?! You mean it's NOT for extra storage?! Maybe that's where I have been going wrong all of this time :pac:

• Advertisement

Glad I'm not the only one so! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

If there wasn't a man there, it would be totally where the laptop sleeps.

And if it caught fire, at least we'd die together.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Beds are for sprawlin' in. Floors are for storage.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    If there wasn't a man there, it would be totally where the laptop sleeps.

And if it caught fire, at least we'd die together.

Oh that reminded me of the fire today. Hilarious.

I'll try set the scene but I don't know if I can do it justice.

Conference in work. Lots of high profile guests including no less than 5 Nobel laureates. It was a fairly decent event!

Anyway! Because of the scientific royalty in our presence, the post conference reception was a decent auld spread. No pretzels and warm wine for us. No. We had proper hot food buffet* with chicken and stuff, and sauces, and nice cheese and chilled wine in wine glasses and really symmetrically cut carrots and everything.

Then disaster struck. One of the gas heaters went on fire. A napkin or something landed in the flame and nobody noticed until the smell came.

So a room of some of the brightest people on earth (& me), and we couldn't manage to extinguish a flamey napkin.

Oh how we laughed.

In hindsight maybe you had to be there.

*something that wedding goers on Saturday would be jealous of ;)

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Beds are for sprawlin' in. Floors are for storage.

I sprawl too. I just may need to move things periodically for a good quality sprawl.

I think i should try and start sprawlin..make the most of the empty bed while im waiting to find a companion!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    I think i should try and start sprawlin..make the most of the empty bed while im waiting to find a companion!

That's one of my genuine (if slightly unrealistic) fears. How the hell do I share a bed with someone? I'd just be annoyed at them constantly! "What the **** do you mean I can't flop about while trying to get to sleep? I don't care if it's keeping you awake!" "You're warm and the bed is too warm, go away." "What do you mean half the bed is yours, get out!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Lyaiera wrote: »
    That's one of my genuine (if slightly unrealistic) fears. How the hell do I share a bed with someone? I'd just be annoyed at them constantly! "What the **** do you mean I can't flop about while trying to get to sleep? I don't care if it's keeping you awake!" "You're warm and the bed is too warm, go away." "What do you mean half the bed is yours, get out!"
    I actually understand why some happy couples sleep in separate bedrooms. It can be very annoying sleeping in the same room as someone else!
    That, or buy a really big bed. (I like cuddling etc etc but I can't actually sleep if someone is touching me).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Yeah when we finally get round to buying our own house I want a huge bed so can cuddle then when ready to sleep roll away and not be anywhere remotely near each other :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Yeah when we finally get round to buying our own house I want a huge bed so can cuddle then when ready to sleep roll away and not be anywhere remotely near each other :D

I am living that dream. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

We have a huge bed too, it's one of the items we splashed out on when buying furniture!

King size bed + super king size duvet = happy marriage

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I sleep in my big double bed on my own and that's juuuuuust enough room

I dunno. When we first broke up I couldn't sleep on my own but mam stayed over last night and I have gotten so used to it now I found it hard to sleep with her there.

when I was getting used to it hot water bottles were my friend! Fooled me in to thinking I wasn't alone :)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

We tend to use separate rooms during the week - totally different waking times because he starts work at 7 and I start at 9, he also goes to bed 2 hours earlier, so for the best sleep it works out well to be apart. Also tend to use either a double and a single duvet or 2 single duvets on a double bed, we're both the kind of sleeper that grabs the duvet and rolls to the edge of the bed.

Ran to work today... not out of fitness, but because I didn't feel like paying £2.80 for the tube and I can't get a new travelcard until I get paid tomorrow :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

We do separate rooms during the week as well. It is really a life saver for me since he snores and I am a very light sleeper these days. We also keep different hours in the mornings.

If we move, I am planning on looking for a master bedroom large enough for a US king size bed, 16 inches wider than the Irish king size!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

LenaClaire wrote: »
    US king size bed, 16 inches wider than the Irish king size!
    WANT.

WANT.

There was one at a hotel we stayed at and it was glorious! It has been on my dreamhouse list for ages now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I love sharing a bed, I can't imagine sleeping in separate rooms. Then again, I haven't had to do it full-time yet!

I got home from Spain last night, with lighter pockets, a decent tan and riddled with mosquito bites. Can't have it all I suppose!

LenaClaire wrote: »
    There was one at a hotel we stayed at and it was glorious! It has been on my dreamhouse list for ages now :D

The only thing on my wish list is a bidet. Became obsessed on holidays this year. My clean ass was about the best thing about the whole trip :D

• Advertisement

shalalala wrote: »
    The only thing on my wish list is a bidet. Became obsessed on holidays this year. My clean ass was about the best thing about the whole trip :D

I have stayed at hotels that had bidets, but I have never had the courage to try it :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement