Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michaella, Peru and the Drugs Run. RTÉ One, Monday 7 July, 9.35pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

spear_mint wrote: »
    folk in northern ireland use the term " mummy and daddy " all the time , i know women in their thirties ( who are married to friends of mine ) from belfast who do , educated women

Thanks for clearing that up:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 spear_mint

She got what she deserved. I don't sympathise and have never sympathised with her in the slightest. She did a stupid thing willingly, she got caught, and now she has to serve a sentence. Interested to see how this show will pan out...

she had to serve a sentance , i dont think she should have gotten off scott free , im saying on merit , the sentance was extremely harsh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

Anyone caught using, selling and importing especcially the drug lords should be dealt harshly.

I hate anyone and anything to do with drugs.

Who leaves home at 16 these accounts all seem very weird they're going on about.

All I keep hearing is mommy mommy, mummy mummy :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Did someone have a gun to her head:rolleyes:

Why was her mummy as they keep saying... keep funding her

You must hate having to walk to work past all those pubs and shops selling smokes so. How many drug lords did Michaela import? Six I think it was

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I wonder why her brother isn't taking part in the programme????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

using that arguement , you could defend the amputation of limbs in saudi arabia

" well thats how they punish crime over there "

I wouldn't defend it but then, I wouldn't go shoplifting in Saudi Arabia either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,853 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Are the family making arrangements to pay back the half dozen or so idiots that contributed to her defence fund?

woejus wrote: »
    You must hate having to walk to work past all those pubs and shops selling smokes so. How many drug lords did Michaela import? Six I think it was

I fly to work.

I fully understand the argument drink and smokes are drugs but at that there is enough we don't need all this other crap that is destroying many many lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I've enough of it..switched over the the lance Armstrong documentary!!

Are the family making arrangements to pay back the half dozen or so idiots that contributed to her defence fund?

I think they'll all get an eighth back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Their little princess can do no wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

she had to serve a sentance , i dont think she should have gotten off scott free , im saying on merit , the sentance was extremely harsh

On merit, I think it was relatively fair.

Think of the lives destroyed by drug abuse and addiction and it almost seems lenient.

Furthermore, if they came clean in the first place without concocting that cock and bull about they're lives being in danger, the sentence would more than likely been less.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,030 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Their little princess can do no wrong.

In fairness, is that not what families (especially mothers) are for?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

There always seems to be this silly ridiculous idea that anybody who's Irish can't possibly be guilty of any crimes committed abroad, and that it must be a "stitch-up". I remember Joe Duffy was cheerleading for Michaella's release shortly after she was arrested. Eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kevcol

I don't really like the sisters attitude. She doesn't even know what actually happened. Not that she forgives her sister, she just doesn't care what she did.

3 strike rule should be brought in.

Drugs should hold a very high year sentence and Murder in Ireland should be minimum 30 years

Attempted murder 20

Prisoners should be made work and contribute to their upkeep.

Food and basic essentials should be the only things they get.
    Bread and water for serious offenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    In fairness, is that not what families (especially mothers) are for?

To a certain extent yes but the sister doesn't seem to care that she was trafficking drugs.

She should've stuck to Joe Spoon's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Kevcol wrote: »
    I don't really like the sisters attitude. She doesn't even know what actually happened. Not that she forgives her sister, she just doesn't care what she did.

A few cans short of a 6-pack id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,853 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

1kg of cocaine in Peru costs less than $1000, the 11kg that the bought would have cost around $11000 to purchase. I find it hard to believe it would be a South American drugs cartel involved in such a trivial transaction.

http://www.insightcrime.org/news-briefs/peruvian-cocaine-best-value-for-traffickers-bolivia-police

One lesson here DO NOT SMUGGLE DRUGS or have anything to do with them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

So these girls ratted on the guys who send them there, that is going to end well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

So the "forced to do it" story is over? I thought the two were still claiming it....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Silly silly girls :mad:

Melissa will never get a job writing for Lonely Planet.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Who is the name of Jaysus tries to snuggle coke into peru anyway? would that not be like trying to smuggle turf into offaly

That bun..... I'd impose a sentence for that alone!

whupdedo wrote: »
    Who is the name of Jaysus tries to snuggle coke into peru anyway? would that not be like trying to smuggle turf into offaly
    They were smuggling out of Peru.......

One lesson here DO NOT SMUGGLE DRUGS or have anything to do with them.

Don't worry. I've seen Bangkok Hilton. I quickly scratched that career from my wishlist.

3 strike rule should be brought in.

Drugs should hold a very high year sentence and Murder in Ireland should be minimum 30 years

Attempted murder 20

Prisoners should be made work and contribute to their upkeep.

Food and basic essentials should be the only things they get.
    Bread and water for serious offenders.

Of course, you do know that the 3 strike rule in CA had no effect on rates of commissions of crime. Sentences are not a deterrent, higher rates of detection are. You say you are aware of the negative effects of booze 'n' fags, but you're happy to let people drink drive and smoke themselves to death?

"Once county-specific trends were controlled for, however, the deterrent and incapacitative effects of three-strikes legislation disappeared altogether."

• Advertisement

Don't worry. I've seen Bangkok Hilton. I quickly scratched that career from my wishlist.

Love that mini series :pac:

Advertisement