Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoyed my kids aren't invited to my nephew's wedding.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

The only children coming to my wedding is my daughter and nephew, if I invite one cousin I have to invite them all. You need to know where to draw the line.

OP you are being very unreasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Christian 121071

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Tbh on re-reading the OP, I don't even get the impression that your nephew's kids and your kids are really all that close. Giving your nephew dresses and your kids getting invited to kids birthday parties doesn't make them bonded deeply for life or anything!

The fact that you think four kids would only cost about a hundred quid to sit at a wedding is absolutely preposterous.

The fact that you seem to think (and love to keep mentioning) that because you apparently almost died, your kids are entitled to go to this wedding is also laughable.

Other kids are going, but your kids are the only cousins? Then, obviously, the other kids going are more closely related to the bride and groom than yours are. Their manners or their importance to you matters not.

My gawd, if anyone even dared RSVP to my wedding next year like that because I didn't invite their kids, I'd completely cut them out of my life! Talk about shameful, bitter and despicable behaviour from a grown adult!

Well I fully intend on cutting her out now. I would consider that the children are close. I love my sister and her boys so much. After bro and sisters there is only cousins. Did u nit grow up hanging out with your cousins. Im glad you think the second text to btb was dispicable. After a lifetime of smiling and taking nonsense from others, I can reassure you I have never been called despicable b4. Why do I feel so good about it. I must be truely evil!

michellie wrote: »
    The only children coming to my wedding is my daughter and nephew, if I invite one cousin I have to invite them all. You need to know where to draw the line.

OP you are being very unreasonable

If she included my guys that would be all the cousins going, all 5 of them. I dont think im being unreasonable. My feelings are hurt, worse, my kids feelings are hurt. Dont like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Can the mods please close this thread because irregardless of what's being said to the op they are just continuing to make themselves out to be the martyr in the situation.

Well I fully intend on cutting her out now. I would consider that the children are close. I love my sister and her boys so much. After bro and sisters there is only cousins. Did u nit grow up hanging out with your cousins. Im glad you think the second text to btb was dispicable. After a lifetime of smiling and taking nonsense from others, I can reassure you I have never been called despicable b4. Why do I feel so good about it. I must be truely evil!
    Add to this, apparently, really. Great use if words.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

This is actually comical. Who gives a hoot if you hung out with cousins while growing up? It has nothing to do with wedding invites. The rest of your family have had a lucky escape from you, it's actually good that they know your true colours now. A nasty person who doesn't care about anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

If she included my guys that would be all the cousins going, all 5 of them. I dont think im being unreasonable. My feelings are hurt, worse, my kids feelings are hurt. Dont like that.

Oh stop it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Alright, but you 'cutting her out' because your nose is out of joint is stopping your children from having that relationship with their cousins - that's pretty despicable. Depriving your kids because you are huffing. How dare you?

Secondly, I was very close to two of my cousins growing up - seen each other every day until I went to uni at 19. I'm 26 now and guess what, I havn't seen either of them in well over a year, I certainly wouldnt expect a wedding invite! Doesnt mean I dont speak fondly of them or keep up with their lives on Facebook, but reality is, cousins are not usually lifelong friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

OP just calm down for a sec, you are being completely ridiculous. Are you really going to cut ties with her over this? What is the point of that? Its just a wedding, a year from now no one will even remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Afroshack

Mo, there are no more cousins, we are it, apart from my other sisters 16 year old. Your near death exp phrase makes me a little uncomfortable. My making it back to my kids after the accident changed everything in our lives. We are grateful to have each other, tgey dont care about the material things we thought were important b4. Myself & my sisters became closer after years of being a little indifferent to each other. Also, I no longer have time for pussyfooting around how I feel, my survival cannot be minimised in any way.

It sounds like you are seriously overestimating your own importance in everyone's lives. Take it down a notch and apologise to your family. If I was related to you I'd want nothing to do with you after this childish behaviour.

• Advertisement

Ocean Blue wrote: »
    This is actually comical. Who gives a hoot if you hung out with cousins while growing up? It has nothing to do with wedding invites. The rest of your family have had a lucky escape from you, it's actually good that they know your true colours now. A nasty person who doesn't care about anyone else.

You must have missed the bit where I said I love my sister & neohew so much. I might have mentioned that my four kids are my everything. Im afraud my family havnt gotten away from me. My other two sisters are upset for my kids too. The example about cousins was a question to you. I dont think you understand that in lots of families cousins are reared like brothers & sisters, and tgey feel like that about each other. My sister would def have had trouble rearing these 3 boys without mine & my mothers help. My kids are as clise to btbs kuds as any other kid going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Hi ladies

men don't have an opinion? Or you just don't care about men's opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

eviltwin wrote: »
    OP just calm down for a sec, you are being completely ridiculous. Are you really going to cut ties with her over this? What is the point of that? Its just a wedding, a year from now no one will even remember.

You see for the OP, family is the most important thing. So much so, that she is happy to cut someone out, deprive her kids of knowing their cousins etc.... Over a party invite. Yes, family is clearly the most important thing.

michellie wrote: »
    Oh stop it.

You dont agree with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

You must have missed the bit where I said I love my sister & neohew so much

I love my brothers dogs but that doesn't mean I'd bring them to my wedding.

Also you saying your sisters feel sorry for your children. What's the chance that they are saying what you want to hear, trying to humour an overly dramatic deluded person to keep them happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭munster87

This is laughable. Mods need to close the thread. Either a troll or absolutely deluded.

mystic86 wrote: »
    men don't have an opinion? Or you just don't care about men's opinions?

I doubt my nephew was involved in ANY decision for the wedding. But my husband didnt care either. Usually the way. The men that pretend to care about flowers and beef ir salmon are just trying to impress. Dont worry it'll pass.

Thin dam tablet is so small. Sorry for the misspellings, I cant b bothereď to go back and correct them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

You are picking and choosing what to reply to here op, I've made several valid points, all of which you have ignored.

I imagine you must be like that in life too, no excuse/explanations will pacify you.

I feel confused reading your replies.I cannot understand your mindset. You are very unreasonable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

You dont agree with me?

Not a single person yet has agreed with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

You've asked a broad spectrum of people here and they've all disagreed with you. If you chose to ignore that fact that's fine, but then don't ask for impartial advice.

We don't know the people involved but objectively it seems you are being unreasonable.

You are seeing thing solely through the lens of your near death experience and your relationship to your kids.

You sound like a very loyal and loving mother but that doesn't make your actions correct here. They weren't excluding your kids to hurt them or you. They were simply planning their wedding day in the way they want to.

• Advertisement

You see for the OP, family is the most important thing. So much so, that she is happy to cut someone out, deprive her kids of knowing their cousins etc.... Over a party invite. Yes, family is clearly the most important thing.

Yes, im not going to bother with her any more. If she thinks being a precious snowflake fir a few hours is more important than causing problems for her mother in laws family. Ill let her off. She too will grow up and see that budgets and seating plans wernt worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Wellyd wrote: »
    I love my brothers dogs but that doesn't mean I'd bring them to my wedding.

Also you saying your sisters feel sorry for your children. What's the chance that they are saying what you want to hear, trying to humour an overly dramatic deluded person to keep them happy?

I dont think they said anything tbh. She let her daughter believe she was going to be a flower girl at this wedding despite knowing for a fact she would never get asked. She seems to think that all cousins are close but since her nephew is 33 and her eldest child is half that, and her youngest a quarter of that, O seriously doubt he 'hung around' with them. So, the only reason now to invite them is because his children sometimes have their second cousins over for parties and sleepovers, which makes them best buddies, and a sister and mother helping out with raising this nephew and grandson automatically entitles royalty rights to invite their own family to all and any events.

And the best part is that the bride, who isnt related to any of them, is expected to go along with all of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I doubt my nephew was involved in ANY decision for the wedding. But my husband didnt care either. Usually the way. The men that pretend to care about flowers and beef ir salmon are just trying to impress. Dont worry it'll pass.

Thin dam tablet is so small. Sorry for the misspellings, I cant b bothereď to go back and correct them.

You don't know for sure that this wasn't your nephew's decision too. You seem to be set on his fiance being the wicked witch. You also need to realise that a 33 year old man is in charge of his own life. His mammy is unlikely to be controlling the wedding list!

I can see that you are hurt, but you are coming across as very selfish. You are willing for this small thing to cause a huge family rift, despite harping on about how important family is. You obviously have your own impression on how deep your relationship runs with your nephew, but this does not mean you can stamp your feet and get your own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

To be honest OP you're not setting a good example for your kids in the way you've dealt with this. You've personalized something that should not be personalized and interpreted it as an attack and an insult against you're kids. Most people rise above disappointments over wedding invites which is usually a "numbers" reason, see the bigger picture and do not take it as a personal insult. You're management of this is training your kids to have no understanding of others and as soon as things dont go your way to cut people out of your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Yes, im not going to bother with her any more. If she thinks being a precious snowflake fir a few hours is more important than causing problems for her mother in laws family. Ill let her off. She too will grow up and see that budgets and seating plans wernt worth it.

She is better off without you if you act this selfishly. Not one reply agrees with you. Everyone is trying to help but you're clearly only looking for people to agree with you and that's not going to happen. I've read some really self absorbed posts on boards over the years but well done OP you're takes the biscuit.

You are picking and choosing what to reply to here op, I've made several valid points, all of which you have ignored.

I imagine you must be like that in life too, no excuse/explanations will pacify you.

I feel confused reading your replies.I cannot understand your mindset. You are very unreasonable

Apologies, I am reading all the posts but im not really seeing who I am replying to. I thought id commented on nearly every post. Ill go back over them. Look, this is how I feel. Last night I read other forums & lots if people agreed with my sentiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I think it's really sad when someone recovers from serious turmoil, or a life and death situation, without a positive perspective on the really important things in life.
    You cutting yourself off from your sibling is your loss, not hers.
    Your attitude is atrocious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Dear lord the irony is lost on you.

Let me spell it out for you. It's not the bride who is causing problems, it's you.

You speak very dismissively of the wedding, if it's so unimportant, then why are you throwing such an unholy strop?

I genuinely think you need medical assistance for mental health issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Afroshack

Apologies, I am reading all the posts but im not really seeing who I am replying to. I thought id commented on nearly every post. Ill go back over them. Look, this is how I feel. Last night I read other forums & lots if people agreed with my sentiment.

There's no way that's true. Is it the weddingsonline forum? Yeah nobody agreed with you there either.

• Advertisement

Alright, but you 'cutting her out' because your nose is out of joint is stopping your children from having that relationship with their cousins - that's pretty despicable. Depriving your kids because you are huffing. How dare you?

Secondly, I was very close to two of my cousins growing up - seen each other every day until I went to uni at 19. I'm 26 now and guess what, I havn't seen either of them in well over a year, I certainly wouldnt expect a wedding invite! Doesnt mean I dont speak fondly of them or keep up with their lives on Facebook, but reality is, cousins are not usually lifelong friends.

Ok.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement