Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards.ie Lifting Leaderboard 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

I just recorded a 2 rep deadlift last night. I'll probably record a 1RM next week if you can hold on till then? or will I throw up the 2 rep?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,237 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I just recorded a 2 rep deadlift last night. I'll probably record a 1RM next week if you can hold on till then? or will I throw up the 2 rep?

Put up the 1 rep when you've done it imo. Half the year left!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Put up the 1 rep when you've done it imo. Half the year left!

+1.

There are heaps of videos floating around in logs on both the fitness and strength forum. Good if they could be submitted here, along with from people who don't keep logs... so we can see how we do/don't stack up agianst each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,160 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

BossArky wrote: »
    +1.

There are heaps of videos floating around in logs on both the fitness and strength forum. Good if they could be submitted here, along with from people who don't keep logs... so we can see how we do/don't stack up agianst each other.

I'll be lifting again from July-ish. I'll get something for the lighter guys to best up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

I'll get things rolling again so :),

Power clean, 83kg @ 69kg BW, sinclair - 111.66,

anyone any tips on stopping the bar looping forward?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

Here's a squat from April this year.

@Dylbert, Clean High Pulls focussing on a really tight bar path solved the issue for me. You want to pull the bar into yourself on the first pull and then have shoulder and elbows back and up when you explode from the hips.

If you pause at 10 seconds you'll see that you never finish pulling the bar into you and are already starting to extend upwards from the shoulders. Nothing you can't fix imo.

Re-adjusting my form the last two weeks so not spot on but happy enough with it for now.

190kg Deadlift at 85kg Body Weight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQy1VbI1nDo&feature=youtu.be

Let me know what you think, constructive ridicule welcome.

Wilks Score: 125.077

Nothing to ridicule there!! Great lift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Would ya look at you with your fancy pants video :)

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Nothing to ridicule there!! Great lift

Cheers, good to hear. only one of my friend use the gym and the only time he uses a barbell is to 'hit the bicep from a different angle'! so it's great to have this website for solid advice and some benchmarks...and now some competition!! be a while till I'm pulling 210 all the same though!

Would ya look at you with your fancy pants video :)

I thought I'd sspare you all from It's Raining Men or whatever was playing in the gym at the time...has to be worth another 2 Wilks!?? I'll be the one laughing when I'm making millions off this whole youtube craic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Not PR territory by any stretch but thought I'd snap a quick video today to lash up here.

160kg deadlift @ 71kg bw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Done at 86kg, no where near max lift but I can't train them properly yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭RB94

150kg squat at 66.7kg (116.78 Wilks):

The 150kg attempt is at around 7.25. (I don't know why the embedded video doesn't start at that time.)

220kgs Deadlift @ 135kgs bodyweight. Wilks 123.64

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Wood

280kg dead @ 97kg (despite the wrong number on the vid, results show 280 as do the plates)

33 minutes in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3ASnNn2tPQ

171.976 Wilks

Wood wrote: »
    280kg dead @ 97kg (despite the wrong number on the vid, results show 280 as do the plates)

171.976 Wilks

Jaysus, savage brute force!!

Wood wrote: »

171.976 Wilks

Jeany Mac....

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Wood

Cheers, still a good 40kg off my max, but I've no vids of that. Had to drop a lot of weight for the comp and my lifts really suffered

• Advertisement

Reckon Woody should be disqualified from this. Skews the scale too much. ;) Unreal lifting man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Right, I think I've added most of the recent videos. Well done everyone. The deadlift table is filling up nicely. Be nice to get some women posting in the weightlifting tables, ahem gymfreak.

DaZa I didn't add yours because there's no bodyweight.

And can you all put your wilks or sinclair scores in the post too. I get grumpy searching for scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

I'm not a female:(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,578 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I'm not a female:(

The drugs just take time to work.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Good work Scuba Ste!

Two things I noticed:
    • Ridley Rider is still in the female snatch category. Remove that entry as I'm guesing it is a duplicate of the power clean entry?
    • The order of the Deadlift male table is slightly jumbled. Nervous Wreck should be above me. Reorder those based on Wilks points.

Also, my pull was 220kgs. 230kgs next time maybe

Today's PR session:

162.5kg @ 72.4kg. Wilks 118.73.

^Was that past parallel? (Only saying because it puts you ahead of me! :) )

Nice squat though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Hey quick question, can you compete in one or two of these lifts? I can't squat at the moment due to back problems... Chest day is a week from now may record bench press and knock out deadlifts same day and record.

• Advertisement

FearDark wrote: »
    Hey quick question, can you compete in one or two of these lifts? I can't squat at the moment due to back problems... Chest day is a week from now may record bench press and knock out deadlifts same day and record.

You can do one, all of them, or any combination thereof.

Advertisement