Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light

Options
  • 23-05-2013 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭

A new Zombie game from the makers of Dead Island. Made for PS4 / Xbox One but will be downscaled for current gen. Mix of Dead Island and Mirrors Edge where the emphasis is on free running and crafting melee weapons.

I loved Dead Island but remain skeptical of this.

k-bigpic.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

:o theyll be crossing dead island with portal next

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It should be a fun distraction at least. Dead Island wasn't the greatest game in the world, but I had a lot of fun with it. And there's been plenty of independent companies making these sorts of zombie survival games, so it'll be interesting to see what a company with a publishers backing can do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Denise90

I enjoyed Dead Island but my main issue with it was the character movement, I found it slow and uncomfortable. If this is to be a free running game they need to address that and make it more fluid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

The most interesting gameplay dynamic for me is the day/night cycle. From EuroGamer;
    In the day players scavenge the urban environment for supplies and craft weapons to defend themselves against an infected population. At night the infected become aggressive and more dangerous, so you have to survive until the first light.

It also explains the screenshot where the "infected", ahem, is shielding his eyes from the torch.

I like the sound of this, and it has a lot of potential. Hopefully they can get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Advertisement

Techland do a good trailer it must be said.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

So... it's DayZ?

....with free running.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Good preview of this here

If they actually sort out the issues with Dead Island this could be great. A zombie open world with crafting and the Mirror's Edge running/climbing system is something I'd be very interested to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

It could be brilliant fun multiplayer all racing to get to the package but needing to help each other up to a point :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Gameplay Footage:

Looks great.

Really has a lot of potential and I'm glad weapons and health are in short supply/have to be scavenged. Not sure about that "night sense" thingy at the end though. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The game play video certainly looks very good, and its good to see more FPS style game using the Mirrors Edge free running elements. The whole thing looks like it will run a lot smoother.

Seems a few YouTubers were given a short demo to check out. Quite a few vids after popping up in the last couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It looks alright. Its definitely nothing like Dayz anyway.... I never really got into Dead Island. It was grand like but it didn't hook me and I put a good 5 or 6 hours into it before giving up.

Another gameplay video released for this;

Looks lovely, but still not sure about the gameplay mechanics. And I hate that they're making the "Be the Zombie" game mode exclusive only to those who pre-order. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Another gameplay video released for this;

Looks lovely, but still not sure about the gameplay mechanics. And I hate that they're making the "Be the Zombie" game mode exclusive only to those who pre-order. :mad:

be the zombie sounds ****e anyway
    seems like one of spin of gamemodes just to get the sales in
    voice acting looks ****e
    but everything else about the game i'm loving :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Looks like the tone is a bit closer to the first Dead Island trailer as opposed to that game itself.

I'll be waiting to hear about this as I found Dead Island to be a pretty boring game unless played with a group of friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

New gameplay trailer for E3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

New hands-on preview from PC Gamer. Showing promise apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Thought there might be a thread for this alright. I have to be honest, I had completely forgotten about this game (partly because zombies are so feckin ubiquitous now), but this GamesCom footage looks decent;

That's a great trailer, definitely has my interest again. Last few things I saw of it seemed a bit generic but that looks exactly how I thought it would on first announcement, Mirrors Edge meets Dead Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Really looking forward to this tbh

Have to say that this is really shaping up well, it looks to be far superior to Dead Island 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

New dev diary.

Very interested in this one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Interactive trailer, that looks deadly( even in that form).

Interactive PC only (it says that)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭Corvo

Lot of gameplay vids of this on YouTube at the moment from the theRadBrad. Looks very impressive.

The hard copy of the game has been delayed but the digital version has not been delayed??

Has this ever happened before? No way im paying e70 for this on xbl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The hard copy of the game has been delayed but the digital version has not been delayed??

Has this ever happened before? No way im paying e70 for this on xbl.

Screams money maker tbh.

Considering part of the game (be the zombie ) is partial pre order DLC anyone playing it online is part of a split community from day 1.

Advertisement