Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dying Light

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Loads of footage of this out now. I could be totally wide of the mark on this but from anything I've seen so far the team seem to have just remade their original dead island game for next gen with some extra mechanics. I liked dead island but there really seems to be a lack of vision on their part here.

It even has the same achievement/trophies for the most part as dead island.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

The hard copy of the game has been delayed but the digital version has not been delayed??

Has this ever happened before? No way im paying e70 for this on xbl.

I'll be paying precisely zero on PC. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dayum wrote: »
    I'll be paying precisely zero on PC. ;)

53063966.jpg

dreamers75 wrote: »
    53063966.jpg

Well, I don't like to brag ...... but....yeah, I'm pretty badass compared to peasants.

Dayum wrote: »
    Well, I don't like to brag ...... but....yeah, I'm pretty badass compared to peasants.

Pretty sure you're the peasant given that you admit to being a thief

• Advertisement

Pretty sure you're the peasant given that you admit to being a thief

What?

• Why cant pc heads just talk about a game normally without snide remarks??

****in losers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Ah yeah, sure tar us all with the same brush.

I had this game on my watchlist for ages, but something smells a bit iffy with this launch. Will be interesting to see some legit reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The hard copy of the game has been delayed but the digital version has not been delayed??
    https://www.facebook.com/DyingLightGame/posts/523156071160777
    OFFICIAL STATEMENT:
    There will be a short delay in the release of physical copies of Dying Light in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and Australia. The game will have a global digital release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC of January 27, 2015. As physical production has a longer lead time than digital there is some delay in the aforementioned territories. We will share information on the availability of physical copies as soon as it is confirmed.
    Considering this was already delayed once, I'd wonder how the uptake on it will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Looks way too similar to Dead Island, and with Dead Island 2 (from a different dev) on the way also, its a bit weird that Dying Light might just covering the same ground as Dead Island, and Dead Island 2 might try something a bit different, setting wise at least.

I don't think the emphasis on Light and Darkness is as big as the developers wants us to think. (Correct me if I am wrong).

I was expecting something totally different when its night time in the game, it sounds like its just normal zombies in the day, parkour zombies at night.

I would have preferred almost no threat during the day unless you went into dark areas and dark buildings, and did actually spend the daylight getting from one area to another or building defences and scavenging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah the latest vids make it look very Dead Island (not necessarily a bad thing) with all the crazy weapons you can make. Would have preferred it to be a bit more serious and survivally like you said Freeze, exploring during the day, survive at night. I think this will be going on my watch/wait for discount or sale list.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I dunno, I'd have to play it, but theres something very 'janky' looking about the parkour / climbing bits of it, it doesn't look to have a very smooth feel to it. - similar to climbing those towers in far cry 3 & 4

When parkour is mentioned in a game, I expect Mirrors Edge or at least Titanfall style controls/mechanics, definitely not Far Cry tower climbing, which does feel very awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

I really cannot justify paying 50 euro for this game. If it goes sub 20 i will pick it up

I recently made a promise to myself that during sales, i would only buy AAA games at a discount as i found myself buying s**t loads of games for 5- 15 euro and still haven't even installed most of them. This game just doesn't smell like a top notch 50 euro game. Dunno what it is. Like lets be honest, €50 is arma 3 territory

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The boy has it pre ordered for 28 I will give it a shot when it comes out. But im not holding out much hope for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭Wossack

calex71 wrote: »
    Loads of footage of this out now. I could be totally wide of the mark on this but from anything I've seen so far the team seem to have just remade their original dead island game for next gen with some extra mechanics. I liked dead island but there really seems to be a lack of vision on their part here.

It even has the same achievement/trophies for the most part as dead island.

my thoughts exactly

will see, but its not looking good (imo - I played a bit, but wasnt a huge fan of Dead Island)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Dead Island was a brilliant game, but given that Riptide was pretty much Dead Island with a few new objectives and weapons i.e basically the exact same game, I'm a bit wary on the fence about this one. I don't want Dead Island v1.3.

Dead Island 2 interests me more than Dying Light - it's from the guys that made the fantastic Spec Ops: The Line. At least with that you know it's going to be a fresh take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Physical release confirmed for February 27th a full month after the US get it and digital EU release, don't think I've ever seen that happen a game.

Be the zombie mode also now free to all and not just pre-ordered copies.

At least there will be full reviews and time for the inevitable Techland glitches and bugs to be patched out.

A lot of preorders will be cancelled, and some people might go digital and since the likes of gamestop probably won't give you your money back, people will just buy another game.

This is a really botched release, and I think it will hurt sales of the game big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

To counter that they are giving two free DLC packs for EU pre-orders of the physical copies. The packs are nothing to talk about really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Sickened with the delay!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I assume you can buy the digital version though on the 27th of January no?

Yes, but for those of us with a poor ISP it's not really an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

hallo dare wrote: »
    Yes, but for those of us with a poor ISP it's not really an option.

I suffered yer pain for long enough!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was wondering why there was no release date on amazon, kept thinking I was looking at the wrong game o_O was watching two people stream it though and it looks decent enough .

I was wondering why there was no release date on amazon, kept thinking I was looking at the wrong game o_O was watching two people stream it though and it looks decent enough .

That's where i have ordered from. Got an email stating the delay and that i could hold on or cancel my order. Aaaaggggghhhhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    This is a really botched release, and I think it will hurt sales of the game big time.

Hah, do you remember the original Dead Island release? Now THAT was a fiasco - dev build delivered by steam that allowed you to fly and noclip, not to mention the actual bugs, MP not working properly for about a week etc. They are good game designers but not release effective, expect a lot of issues with it for the first few weeks.

On the otherhand I'd be quite happy with an updated Dead Island, absolutely loved that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

many people planning on picking up the digital release ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Depends entirely on reviews.

• Advertisement

s8n wrote: »
    many people planning on picking up the digital release ?

How many GB will it be?

Advertisement